• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom Stars Signed For More

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32851

Doom Stars Signed For More

Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike, who play the brother-and-sister monster-hunting team of John and Samantha Grimm in the upcoming SF movie Doom, are signed for sequels, though producer John Wells said that no such sequel is yet in the works. "It would be nice if there was a sequel, but we have nothing planned," Wells said in an interview. But, he added, "we certainly did sit in Prague [where the movie was shot] a few times and talk about the possibility of it."

The film's other star, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, told SCI FI Wire that he may be able to do a sequel. "We've talked about it, and it's possible [I could come back]," Johnson said.

Wells added: "We had a blast working with Dwayne. We would love to do another picture with him, and if he wanted to do the next Doom, I'm sure we could figure it out."

Pike said that she would love to reprise her role as a savvy scientist, but added that next time she would like to have a gun. Her character learns how to escape rampaging demons by using her smarts rather than her shooting ability. "I'd like her to come back and be a bit more tough," Pike said.

The sequel idea won't be seriously discussed until after the video-game-inspired film opens, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said in a separate interview. "You can't start thinking about a sequel before a picture even opens, but that's why we ended on a surprise," he said. "We went with the best ending, and we know the audience is very sophisticated."

Doom opens Oct. 21 and is being released by Universal Pictures, which is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.
    sigpic

Interesting. I've always liked Doom, so the movie should be pretty interesting. It'll be very interesting to see some of the Doom fiends in "real life."

Comment

Working...
    X