X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Burnett interview

http://www.starbase972.com/modules.p...owpage&pid=243

Starbase972: Shalom Mr. Burnett, we're happy to talk to you
    How did your romance with Star Trek and the Science Fiction begin?

Robert: I suppose I was similar to Luke Skywalker. In "The Empire Strikes Back," Yoda says of Luke, "All his life has he looked away. To the future. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doin'." Well, I was just like that. Always looking into the night sky and wondering what was out there. Wanting to actually GO into space.
    My mother says I started watching Star Trek when I was three or four years old. Right about the time the Original Series went into syndication. It had everything a kid could want... great characters clad in bright colors, a terrific starship and terrific villains and monsters. Even an eleven-thousand-mile long SPACE AMOEBA!
    My father used to read me the James Blish adaptations of the episodes... which in turn lead me to other, non-Trek sci-fi novels. Then I remember discovering "The Twilight Zone" and Gerry Anderson's "UFO." Also, in Seattle, where I grew up, after Sunday School, local channel eleven broadcast "Sci-Fi Theater" at two in the afternoon. This was where I first saw "War of the Worlds," "Forbidden Planet" and Toho Giant Monster movies. I was completely hooked.
    !...There was no stopping me after that

Starbase972: As a Star Trek fan for many years, what is your opinion about the current situation of the franchise? What will be its future?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri
Working...
X