This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis: Season II Official Companion

The Second Season Companion for Stargate Atlantis is now listed on both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.

The UK & USA versions have a release date of the 31st March 2006.

Keep checking back here for more news and cover arts when available.

To pre-order the book visit Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com from the main Gateworld site to support the site.
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 27 June 2006, 09:36 AM.

I enjoyed the first one so I've had this one ordered for a while. Can't wait since I am loving the second season more then the first.
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I know I'm going to buy. From the internet or a bookstore, I haven't decided yet.

Yay, 1,400 Posts!!!! Only 401 Posts until a custom avatar (that will happen in about a month)
      sigpic

Comment

I dont know if I will, I never got round to getting the SG-1 ones, maybe I will this time and do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
          I enjoyed the first one so I've had this one ordered for a while. Can't wait since I am loving the second season more then the first.
          Is it really good - I'm being forced to wait for mine till Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
            I dont know if I will, I never got round to getting the SG-1 ones, maybe I will this time and do it right!
            You should still get the SG-1 one's their really good for episode reference and just for the behind the scenes stuff if you're into that.

Comment

As you will have noticed the early release date has passed.

Amazon.co.uk have posted a new release date which is 30th July 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                As you will have noticed the early release date has passed.

Amazon.co.uk have posted a new release date which is 30th July 2006.
                I was kind of suprised that the original date was so early... hopefully the July one won't change into an august or september release like last year's did...

Comment

I suprisingly havent gone one of the companions for any season yet so I might buy them as they look really good.

Comment

Cover-art

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                      Cover-art

UK residents can try to win it:

http://www.skyone.co.uk/competition/...?cid=119&pid=2

This summer sees the release of STARGATE: ATLANTIS: THE OFFICIAL COMPANION SEASON 2, the second volume of the acclaimed, in-depth guide to one of the hottest sci-fi shows around! Spinning out of the eternally-popular Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis has proved itself to be far more than a shallow clone of its predecessor, with innovative, action-packed storylines, compelling characters, and cutting-edge special effects marking it out as one to watch. The companion delves deep into both the making of and the mythology of the show, with unique cast contributions and episode guides alongside exclusive interviews and photographs! (click on link above for full rules, but UK residents only)

and US fans can check stores - even pre-order it from Walmart. The official magazine #11 also had an ad for it along with other companion books.

Comment

I can't seem to find this on Amazon.
                        z

Comment

I've updated the two links in my first post to the location of the book on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com

Comment

Thank you!
                            z

Comment

From The Alien Online:

http://www.thealienonline.net/ao_030...cid=9&iid=3042

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Titan Books: Stargate, Superman, PKDick, and Firefly
                              More media tie-ins than you can shake your remote control at…..
                              Submitted by: Sandy Auden
                              On: 29.06.2006

It's shaping up to be an exciting Summer with Titan Books this year, with new titles coming out for movie blockbusters Superman Returns and A Scanner Darkly, and favourite TV series Stargate: Atlantis and Firefly, along with new Preacher-style western, Loveless by Brian Azarello.

**snippage**

Moving into the TV arena, Stargate fans can enjoy Stargate: Atlantis: The Official Companion Season 2 published on July 21 2006. This one is packed with behind-the-scenes interviews, an episode guide and scores of photos, including a 16-page colour gallery and exclusive contributions from the production team and cast, including a Foreword by star Tori Higginson and an Afterword by Executive Producer Robert C. Cooper.

Oh -- and look at this! A "Firefly" book!

Meanwhile, Firefly lovers everywhere can find out more about this phenomenal cult hit in Firefly: The Official Companion: Volume One released in August. Just what the show's fans have been waiting for, you'll find unseen photos, scripts, behind the scenes secrets, and exclusive input from the cast and crew, including, of course, creator Joss Whedon.

A labour of love for all concerned, this first volume of a two-volume set covers the principal six episodes of the Firefly saga, with new commentaries, all-new prop and costume photography and factual box-outs. Built around the crew-annotated shooting scripts of the series and all-new retrospective interviews with the entire cast, Firefly: The Official Companion also delves into the process behind the show's unique storylines, talking in-depth with Executive Producer Tim Minear and the writing staff about the evolution of the show – including the stories that were never filmed.

**snippage**

So with a line-up like that, sit back and relax - whatever the weather this Summer it's going to be a lot of fun. And to make sure you don't miss anything, keep a beady eye on the Titan Books website here.

http://www.titanbooks.com/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X