Earth was used up, Mar and Venus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth was used up, Mar and Venus?

You got the technology to move an entire civilzation through deep space, and terraform more than 30 worlds.

Why they did not terraform Mars Venus or colonize other planets and moons in the Sol system before they left?

Mercury and Venus wouldn't have been able to support life or terraforming due to their already temperate climate. Mars would've been good, but not big enough to hold everyone. And everything past Mars is a gas giant, and also unsuitable. Simply put, an extra planet wouldn't have been big enough. They would've needed several planets and thier moons to fit everyone.

I think that the 'Verse was a relativly new solar system, were none of the planets had begun to for climates and such. Therefore, it would've been easier to terraform them to something close to Earth.

Comment

They still have problems with terraforming in the new worlds so it's my guess that planets they tried to terraform in our solar system were complete failures.

Comment

The technology to terraform a planet right now would require several thousand years, to get it to a few decades, say 100 yrs for debate. That is a major jump in technology.

You need a lot of understanding and exprience to do it, which means they have being doing it for a very long time, and they at least know what makes the terraforming work.

Comment

We don't have any terraforming technology right now. We can't even terraform a planet in a million years with today's tech.

Comment

I have to agree: Mars, Venus, and the terrestrial moons were the 'betas' for future terraforming. Only problem is: How did we develop travel fast enough to colonize the rest of the galaxy in time after those failures?
            Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

They didn't colonize the rest of the galaxy, they only colonized one solar system. They're just really arrogant and like to refer to that one solar system the galaxy or the 'verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                We don't have any terraforming technology right now. We can't even terraform a planet in a million years with today's tech.
                We do, a NASA google search reveals a fair bit on terraforming technology.

Its not about building huge factories pumping out Oxygen, but a slow proccess of introducing life on to a planet.

Comment

No we don't. We don't know how to create a magnetosphere, whatever atmosphere we create will simply be eroded by solar winds, it'll probably erode the atmosphere faster than we can create it.

Comment

Whose 2 say they didn't terraform Mars? Seeing how the Alliance is not keen on people knowing anything they didn't tell them (like most goverments) we really don't know how Sol is doing (terrans trying to take over/take revenge on the Alliance would be something, even it would be too STARCRAfT: Brood War)!
                    Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Working...
                    X