X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Jack gets his own show

The BBC has issued a press release for the new show Torchwood
    Russell T Davies is to write a sci-fi paranoid thriller in a major new drama commission for BBC THREE, it was announced today by Stuart Murphy, Controller of BBC THREE. Torchwood is a 13-part drama series aimed at a post-watershed audience and has an organic link to Doctor Who. "Torchwood is a British sci-fi paranoid thriller, a cop show with a sense of humour," says Davies. "It's dark, wild and sexy, it's the X Files meets This Life. It's a stand-alone series for adult audiences which will have its own unique identity.
    See the full press release here

More Torchwood info on the official Doctor Who site

Fantastic news

Ah, a new thread. Yeah, that makes more sense than my posting about it in the other thread. Hehehehehe. What can I say, I'm still too bouncy about the news to think straight.
    This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
      Ah, a new thread. Yeah, that makes more sense than my posting about it in the other thread. Hehehehehe. What can I say, I'm still too bouncy about the news to think straight.
      This is gonna be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I'm bouncing around here like a demented chicken....best news I've heard for ages.

Comment

has the makings of another good show that will never see american airwaves....

sigh.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I'll certainly give it a scan.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

^ Me too.

I suppose this news begs the question of whether the talk of JB returning for DW S3 still stands.

Comment

This is so cool..i can't wait to see it

Comment

Ooh I love the sound of this, I love the sound of more Jack/John and in an adult setting. No cross-overs I guess time (no pun intended) will tell.

Comment

ooh ooh I can't wait

Comment

Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                      ^ Me too.

I suppose this news begs the question of whether the talk of JB returning for DW S3 still stands.
                      Jbs not the kind of guy who would go back on his words. Perhaps this means he may only appear as a guest for maybe 1 episode.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

^ That's what I'm thinking as well. TBH i'd gladly sacrifice JB in DW, if it means that we get another RTD sci-fi show...with JB in it.

Comment

Can I just say one word?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to do that

I cant wait for this I'm so glad I live in the UK

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            Can I just say one word?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to do that

I cant wait for this I'm so glad I live in the UK
                            Oh I don't blame you feel the same way and I don't even know if Australia will be showing it! *The ABC better*

Oh do we know if this is going to be SciFi? It did say Drama a lot, I suppose if it is for a more mature time slot that Drama/SciFi could fit.

Comment

It's all a load of dingo's kidneys.

Evidence #1) Torchwood is the codename written on the tapes of new Doctor Who episodes during transport so that there isn't a repeat of 'Rose'.

Evidence #2)
                              T O R C H W O O D
                              D O C T O R W H O

See the similarity?

This is someone pulling our leg, having a joke at our expense.
                              Last edited by White Knight; 19 October 2005, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X