X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisperer & Threshold Get Pickup

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32820

CBS has ordered full 22-episode seasons of its new hit supernatural series Ghost Whisperer while commissioning three new scripts for its SF show Threshold, waiting to see some more ratings data before ordering more episodes, Variety reported.

Ghost Whisperer, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, has done solid numbers since premiering last month, the trade paper reported. Early promise for Whisperer is particularly encouraging as CBS executives look to broaden the network's comedy and drama brands.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Good for them.

But I still won't watch.
    sigpic

Comment

forgive me but What threshold...
      this is just another one of those times where im behind the times
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I am completely shocked that Ghost Whisperer has done well. The whole premise is so overdone. I suspect it's the fact that there really isn't anything else on on a Friday night (of interest to me anyway) especially now that SG is on hiatus. Ghost whisperer is watchable but nothing more than that. Threshold is OK. for me. I pay more attention to it than other shows on the same night now that SG is on hiatus but it doesn't have my loyalty.

I am encouraged however, that it means that the Scifi genre is doing well. There is hope in the future for network TV. I can only hope they can keep it up.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
          forgive me but What threshold...
          this is just another one of those times where im behind the times
          Threshold is a new scifi drama series on CBS here in the US.
          http://www.cbs.com/primetime/threshold/

You're not behind the times... there's just a whole lot to keep up with these days

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Ghost Whisperer sounds like a carbon copy of Medium. Is there anything to distinguish it from the latter?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              I am completely shocked that Ghost Whisperer has done well.
              Maybe it has something to do with Jennifer Love Hewitt being in it
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Threshold is a new scifi drama series on CBS here in the US.
                http://www.cbs.com/primetime/threshold/

You're not behind the times... there's just a whole lot to keep up with these days
                Cool thanks ...You dont know if us on this side of the pond are going to get the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                  Cool thanks ...You dont know if us on this side of the pond are going to get the show?
                  Actually I believe you will: http://www.cult.tv/index.php?cm_id=740&cm_type=article

Originally posted by Qasim
                  Maybe it has something to do with Jennifer Love Hewitt being in it
                  I don't feel the Love but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with her lovely assets

I like her costumes on the show.

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  Ghost Whisperer sounds like a carbon copy of Medium. Is there anything to distinguish it from the latter?
                  Well Medium is a better show for one. Ghost Whisperer is lighter more sentimental fare. There is no crime solving so far and also very little household drama. JLove's character is sweet and newlywed with an antique shop in a small town. Medium has more law and Order while Ghost Whisperer has more Touched by an Angel.

Ghost Whisperer isn't quite Emmy worthy. I think it's geared towards people who want to explore the supernatural fare without the dark side that usually goes along with it.

Comment

Whisperer, judging from the fragments I've seen while awaiting Threshold appears to be very sentimental. As such, it seems at first glance to be a terrible lead in for the nine o'clock show, while ten o'clock Numbers is getting a much more appropriate lead in. If I were CBS, I'd consider switching the nine and ten o'clock programs.

But merely optioning more scripts doesn't bode well, I'm afraid. Fantasies like Medium, Supernatural and Night Stalker just aren't appealing to me right now. I've never liked a Shaun Cassidy series anyhow, and the idiot brother drove me off Invasion in the first fifteen minutes. And I didn't like a single character in Surface, so I didn't get past the first episode.

So my choice is Threshold, which with my luck means the series is doomed. It certainly appears to have very little backing at CBS. NBC (admittedly a more desperate network) has promoted its show, with SciFi repeats and "marathons." ABC's has the Lost lead in. CBS dumped its scifi offering on Friday, and doesn't seem to be promoting it. In fact, I'm not sure it was even scheduled for more than eight episodes from the beginning. So, it very likely was canceled before airing! The ratings are not sensational enough to resurrect the dead in my opinion. Gone after episode eight, I expect.

pm

Comment

Well good for them...

I don't see why all the big networks suddenly have to go with the scifi alien stuff like Threshold and Invasion and Surface...

Sorry, but I cannot believe that Ghost Whisperer got picked up... *shrug*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        I don't see why all the big networks suddenly have to go with the scifi alien stuff like Threshold and Invasion and Surface...
                        I have posted a S***-load of articles about that - I take it you have me on ignore
                        love Torri

Comment

lol....just after asking ya were we in the UK/Ireland going to get the show, i seen an ad on sky one saying it'll be on in november

I take it you have me on ignore
                          I do j/k

Comment

I have posted a S***-load of articles about that - I take it you have me on ignore
                            WHAT??? WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

I just don't get it! It's because Lost is so successful on ABC...

The shows that they're putting on (Invasion mainly) suck compared to Atlantis and BSG and that...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                            X