Lost on the big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost on the big screen?

Would it ruin the TV series if they made a feature film for the theaters?. I could see them doing it if the series is gonna end for some stupid reason, while having a huge following.

If this series lasts 5 or 6 seasons like the writers designed the full story to play out, I will be surprised and delighted.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

They could only do a movie to wrap up the story

Personally I dont get the point of 5 seasons - are they just going to stay on the island forever?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Personally I dont get the point of 5 seasons - are they just going to stay on the island forever?

I thought the samething Qasim!, 5 or 6 seasons of running around on the Island?. If you saw the 'Special Features Disk' on the season I DVD pak. You saw JJ. Abrahams and the other guy they hired to co-write say they wrote it for 5 or 6 seasons. Something big is gonna happen where they have to stay on the Island or it will have dire consequences type arc. Or the hatch is real, or they are saving the Earth, or they are in some type of Gov't experiment, or aliens are involved...etc....and dozens of other ways the storyline can play out.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
        or aliens are involved...
        The hatch story will be the plot from now on but I cant see aliens on lost
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

The hatch story will be the plot from now on but I cant see aliens on lost

I don't see that angle either!...I see some weird gov't experiment gone awry or not?.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I could never see them doing a feature film. It’s not feasible. It would only be for a specific audience and not widely accessible. If you don’t watch the show, a movie would be too confusing unless they crammed a recap of however many seasons came before the movie into the first hour of it. Then the first hour would just be boring for the rest of us that have seen the show. Or the movie would ditch all the aspects that I find interesting about the show (read: “dumb down” the movie) and just turn it into some movie with people stranded on an island trying to survive each other and the mysterious island.

I just don't see a movie ever being considered or doable for this particular TV series.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
              they crammed a recap
              Its not like they do a lack of recapping
              love Torri

Comment

That's what I thought too. Eventually they have to get off the island. How long could they keep them on the island without losing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by plaw15
                  That's what I thought too. Eventually they have to get off the island. How long could they keep them on the island without losing fans.

I have a feeling the story arc is gonna play out that they are completely stuck on this Island. There will be something that will make them stay, whether it's the hatch and whatever happens if the timer runs out or some kind of twisted gov't/scientific experiment. IMHO the show is the Island and if they leave the Island the series is no more.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

In the TV guide while back they gave a interview that said the plan was to make the finale into a movie if the ratings held. JJ said he wanted the show to go out with a bang and had already gotten the preliminary ok from the studio to do it and gotten all the actors to sign the contract if they decide to go forward.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'd go with that, its always nice to wrap up a series in the box office(excluding stargate cause after stargate 2 we'll have bout 10 more season)well one can hope)
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                        (excluding stargate cause after stargate 2 we'll have bout 10 more season)
                        I believe you have made an error in your post - dont you mean 20 more seasons?
                        love Torri

Comment

I believe you have made an error in your post - dont you mean 20 more seasons?
                          Phew! thanks for correcting me
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

You shouldnt be making such elementary mistakes - next time stern measures will be taken
                            love Torri

Comment

Hmm. I think if they did a movie it would have to be at the very end. If their intention right now is to extend the story out over all those seasons, then there's no way they're going to cram everything into a 'sum-up' movie should they decide to cut the series short. Personally, I hope they draw it out. It gives me something different to watch for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                              X