This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to Choose between SG1 or Atlantis tobe canceled

Ok if you had to choose, which show would you rather cancel, to save stargate on tv.

Originally posted by mahram
    Ok if you had to choose, which show would you rather cancel, to save stargate on tv.
    SG-1, as i have never seen it and also Atlantis is younger

Comment

Neither, BSG
      sigpic

Comment

I have nothing against SG1 but if I had to choose I would say SG1. As it is going into its nineth season. SGA is still a bit new.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          Neither, BSG
          no Startrek, i just watched it on Channel ten, its sooo crap, no offense to the trekkies out there

Comment

Zat me all you want, I could never choose one over the other. Yes, SG-1 is in it's 9th, but I like what they've done with it this season. Good new characters and wonderful plotlines makes it feel different but still SG-1.

I love Atlantis, it's characters are absolutely awesome, and think it will go on for quite some time *cross fingers*.

So...BSG.
            I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
            - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Ooh, this is a toughie...

Past O-Ra would have said SGA, hands down, but now SG1 is going wonky...might as well give SGA a chance...so...SG1...

*wanders in a cold dark world*
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

atlantis definately and if SG1 doesnt pick up cancel it too. give their budgets to BSG.

Comment

Neither. Tell Sci-Fi to quit producing boatloads of crappy movies, and start putting the budget toward shows that count - Stargate, BSG and other higher rated shows. If Sci-fi actually spent money on airing stuff that wasn't crap, then they'd be able to make the shows that count even better.

Comment

Neither, BSG

Exactly....I would rather see BSG go to keep SG and SGA.

If I had to choose between SG and SGA I would say keep Atlantis. SG is and always will be my favorite, but I season II of Atlantis so far and I like where the show is headed. SG needs to be retired soon, maybe one more season where we see them destroy the Ori then time to hang it up.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Neither, BSG
                      I'm with you on this one. SG-1 is still going strong, and SGA is developing nicely. Sci should stop making stupid bugs from Mars movies and leave the Stargate franchise alone. It's doing just fine.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        Exactly....I would rather see BSG go to keep SG and SGA.

If I had to choose between SG and SGA I would say keep Atlantis. SG is and always will be my favorite, but I season II of Atlantis so far and I like where the show is headed. SG needs to be retired soon, maybe one more season where we see them destroy the Ori then time to hang it up.
                        Star trek or BSG should go
                        if not them then SG-1 after its finished its 10th or 11th seaon

Comment

I'm with all those folks to say BSG since I don't watch it at all.

But between SG-1 and Atlantis... Let's see... (I may have overanalyzed this a bit.)

Stargate SG-1 has been around far longer and deserves a fantastic, glorious finale. I am somwhat glad that they're still around after losing two main cast members (DSD after S7 and RDA after S8). There are still stories to tell, false gods to slay, and there's still a team called SG-1 to get the job done. If I had to choose, I'd let SG-1 have a tenth year and go out with a bang. I'd leave Stargate Atlantis alone; it just started up and has some great promise and interesting characters.

Of course, the only down side that I can see to ending SG-1 would be that we'd have very little idea of what's happening back on Earth as far as the Stargate Program is concerned. I'm quite happy with things as they are now; while Colonel Mitchell and SG-1 are exploring and duking it out with the Ori and such, Colonel Sheppard and his team are learning about the city of the Ancients and doing battle with (or, in the case of recent times, hiding from) the Wraith. I don't know if it would feel right to have Earth reduced to a footnote, which I can imagine happening when SG-1 ends and Atlantis is the sole supplier of new Stargate stories.

A minor misgiving, but I think I can live with it.
                          And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

This is cruel! Ask me to choose which one of my children I would give up, why don'tcha...

I miss Jack, but even without him I still love SG-1, and SGA is turning out to have it own value and merits that make it just as entertaining and compelling as Stargate ever was.

I don't want to choose. You can't make me...(as she begins to choke up, just a little...)

ladyjanus

Comment

if i had to choose id have to go with sg1, its a great show but getting old and atlantis is new and id like to see it around for a while

Comment

Working...
                              X