This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylon vs Kull Warrior

I ponder you a question. If there was a battle between a Cylon and a Kull Warrior, who would win.

I posted it here because I thought it wouldn't fit in the General Discussion section or the BSG section.

And I'm sorry if this has been posted here before.
    sigpic

Tough question. Let's compare:

Kull Warrior:

Composition - organic, genetically engineered for strength and toughness
    Offensive weapon - undefined energy-pulse weapon
    Defensive measures - personal force field, dense polymer-mesh armor
    Weakness - low agility, body eventually wears out on its own

Cylon Centurion:

Composition - mechancial/biomechanical
    Offensive weapon - large-caliber automatic weapons, bladed hands for close-quarter combat
    Defensive measures - Armored shell only penetrable by high-caliber/explosive rounds
    Weakness - Best suited functioning as part of a unit, low ability to function independently

They match up quite well. But I would say, in a one-on-one contest, the Kull Warrior would win. Their armor makes them virtually impervious to projectile weaponry, and the warriors themselves are bred for sheer brute force. A Kull Warrior would just pound a Cylon into submission. Unless the Cylon were somehow able to wait out the Kull Warrior until his body finally just gave out, I can't see the Cylon coming out on top.
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I forgot something, my guess on the winner.
      Here it is:
      Cylon
      sigpic

Comment

I would guess that the cylon centruian would be able to get up close and slice the kull warrior, as the centurians seem quite agile. If the centurian could cut through that armour then it would win easily. If not, then the centuion would look mighty foolish as it got blown away by the kull warrior.

But, if they were both engaged in a fire fight, then i think the kull warrior would win, because the centurions' gun would not be able to damage it. I also doubt that a cylon centurion would just wait around for the kull warrior to die...but you never know...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
        Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
        Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Here's what i'd think would happen:

Both warriors be engaged in a fierce battle; the Cylon Centurion firing off potshots at the Kull Warrior and dodging the incoming plasma-fire, while the Kull would be standing in the middle of the room/arena/whathaveyou soaking up the fire and looking no worse for wear. Sooner or later, one of them is going to realise that they should be fighting their common enemy, Humanity, and thus a new, dark alliance is hatched...

...And then, Ladies & Gentlemen, God help us all... *runs*
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

The kull warrior would win imo
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Kull warrior would win until the Cyclons found a way to build a weapon similar to the one the SGC has. My guess is the armor of the Kull warrior would prevent them being sliced or successfully shot down by the cyclons.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This would all be down to if the Cylon could get into hand to hand combat. His machine guns aren't going to hurt the Kull and I'm not sure about the plasmagun hurting the Cylon but it's definatly got more of a chance than the bullets do VS the Kull.

If the Cylon gets in close quarters with the Kull though it will literally rip him to pieces. The things are at least 7-8 feet tall and have mechanical strength and hands that seem designed to rip, slice and tear. The Kull is basically a human with a strength boost. If the Centurion gets on him he's finished.

Comment

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but the Kull Warrior's armor is very densely-woven. You'd need something small and sharp to penetrate it. I don't think a Cylon's blades are narrow enough. Maybe if the Cylon were able to get to a join in the armor, they might be able to cause some damage. But that makes assumptions on Centurion intelligence which hasn't be adequately demonstrated yet. They're clearly not as smart as the Human-form Cylons, designed primarily for combat, programmed with tactics that seemingly haven't changed since the first war 50 years before. We've see to see if they're capable of adapting and improvising in a combat situation. Which is what you'd need to do to defeat something like a Kull Warrior.
                  Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                  I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                  What have these years left to me?
                  Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

You know what this thread needs: a poll

For Mods

Question:
                    Who Would Win?
                    Choices:
                    Kull Warrior
                    Cylon
                    sigpic

Comment

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but the Kull Warrior's armor is very densely-woven. You'd need something small and sharp to penetrate it. I don't think a Cylon's blades are narrow enough. Maybe if the Cylon were able to get to a join in the armor, they might be able to cause some damage. But that makes assumptions on Centurion intelligence which hasn't be adequately demonstrated yet. They're clearly not as smart as the Human-form Cylons, designed primarily for combat, programmed with tactics that seemingly haven't changed since the first war 50 years before. We've see to see if they're capable of adapting and improvising in a combat situation. Which is what you'd need to do to defeat something like a Kull Warrior.
                      It wouldn't need to penetrate the weave of the armour, the armour is flexable like a nylon suit in order to allow the warrior to move. This would allow the Centurion to maul/crush the warrior into pulp.

We're talking about a giant killer robot with a 2 foot height advantage and probably several hundred pounds more weight. It could just pick him up and smash him into things or pull bits off of him.

Comment

For a minute I thought it was Cylon vs Kull the Konqueror...lol, not Kevin Sorbo's best role ever

Comment

A Terminator comes in blows them both up with a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. Then a Predator blows up the Terminator with his shoulder mounted plasma cannon. Then a Xenomorph face hugs the Predator. Then a space marine blows up the chestburster that comes out of the Predator. Then a T-1000 morphs his hand into a blade and kills the space marine. T-1000 pwns them all.

Comment

or Cylon vs Hellraiser...that's an uphill battle.

or anyone vs Isabell from 4400...Isabell wins every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                              or anyone vs Isabell from 4400...Isabell wins every time.
                              Wrong! None can defeat General Zod! Kneel before Zod!

Comment

Working...
                              X