PDA

View Full Version : Cylon vs Kull Warrior

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I ponder you a question. If there was a battle between a Cylon and a Kull Warrior, who would win.

I posted it here because I thought it wouldn't fit in the General Discussion section or the BSG section.

And I'm sorry if this has been posted here before.

Thermonuclearboy
October 15th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Tough question. Let's compare:

Kull Warrior:

Composition - organic, genetically engineered for strength and toughness
Offensive weapon - undefined energy-pulse weapon
Defensive measures - personal force field, dense polymer-mesh armor
Weakness - low agility, body eventually wears out on its own

Cylon Centurion:

Composition - mechancial/biomechanical
Offensive weapon - large-caliber automatic weapons, bladed hands for close-quarter combat
Defensive measures - Armored shell only penetrable by high-caliber/explosive rounds
Weakness - Best suited functioning as part of a unit, low ability to function independently

They match up quite well. But I would say, in a one-on-one contest, the Kull Warrior would win. Their armor makes them virtually impervious to projectile weaponry, and the warriors themselves are bred for sheer brute force. A Kull Warrior would just pound a Cylon into submission. Unless the Cylon were somehow able to wait out the Kull Warrior until his body finally just gave out, I can't see the Cylon coming out on top.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 15th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I forgot something, my guess on the winner.
Here it is:
Cylon

Frinky
October 16th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I would guess that the cylon centruian would be able to get up close and slice the kull warrior, as the centurians seem quite agile. If the centurian could cut through that armour then it would win easily. If not, then the centuion would look mighty foolish as it got blown away by the kull warrior.

But, if they were both engaged in a fire fight, then i think the kull warrior would win, because the centurions' gun would not be able to damage it. I also doubt that a cylon centurion would just wait around for the kull warrior to die...but you never know...

Mefusta
October 16th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Here's what i'd think would happen:

Both warriors be engaged in a fierce battle; the Cylon Centurion firing off potshots at the Kull Warrior and dodging the incoming plasma-fire, while the Kull would be standing in the middle of the room/arena/whathaveyou soaking up the fire and looking no worse for wear. Sooner or later, one of them is going to realise that they should be fighting their common enemy, Humanity, and thus a new, dark alliance is hatched...

...And then, Ladies & Gentlemen, God help us all... *runs*

Eoin
October 16th, 2005, 09:36 AM
The kull warrior would win imo
:)

AGateFan
October 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Kull warrior would win until the Cyclons found a way to build a weapon similar to the one the SGC has. My guess is the armor of the Kull warrior would prevent them being sliced or successfully shot down by the cyclons.

Ouroboros
October 16th, 2005, 10:22 PM
This would all be down to if the Cylon could get into hand to hand combat. His machine guns aren't going to hurt the Kull and I'm not sure about the plasmagun hurting the Cylon but it's definatly got more of a chance than the bullets do VS the Kull.

If the Cylon gets in close quarters with the Kull though it will literally rip him to pieces. The things are at least 7-8 feet tall and have mechanical strength and hands that seem designed to rip, slice and tear. The Kull is basically a human with a strength boost. If the Centurion gets on him he's finished.

Thermonuclearboy
October 17th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but the Kull Warrior's armor is very densely-woven. You'd need something small and sharp to penetrate it. I don't think a Cylon's blades are narrow enough. Maybe if the Cylon were able to get to a join in the armor, they might be able to cause some damage. But that makes assumptions on Centurion intelligence which hasn't be adequately demonstrated yet. They're clearly not as smart as the Human-form Cylons, designed primarily for combat, programmed with tactics that seemingly haven't changed since the first war 50 years before. We've see to see if they're capable of adapting and improvising in a combat situation. Which is what you'd need to do to defeat something like a Kull Warrior.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 17th, 2005, 03:15 PM
You know what this thread needs: a poll

For Mods

Question:
Who Would Win?
Choices:
Kull Warrior
Cylon

Ouroboros
October 17th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but the Kull Warrior's armor is very densely-woven. You'd need something small and sharp to penetrate it. I don't think a Cylon's blades are narrow enough. Maybe if the Cylon were able to get to a join in the armor, they might be able to cause some damage. But that makes assumptions on Centurion intelligence which hasn't be adequately demonstrated yet. They're clearly not as smart as the Human-form Cylons, designed primarily for combat, programmed with tactics that seemingly haven't changed since the first war 50 years before. We've see to see if they're capable of adapting and improvising in a combat situation. Which is what you'd need to do to defeat something like a Kull Warrior.

It wouldn't need to penetrate the weave of the armour, the armour is flexable like a nylon suit in order to allow the warrior to move. This would allow the Centurion to maul/crush the warrior into pulp.

We're talking about a giant killer robot with a 2 foot height advantage and probably several hundred pounds more weight. It could just pick him up and smash him into things or pull bits off of him.

Crichton
October 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
For a minute I thought it was Cylon vs Kull the Konqueror...lol, not Kevin Sorbo's best role ever

Giantevilhead
October 17th, 2005, 10:50 PM
A Terminator comes in blows them both up with a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. Then a Predator blows up the Terminator with his shoulder mounted plasma cannon. Then a Xenomorph face hugs the Predator. Then a space marine blows up the chestburster that comes out of the Predator. Then a T-1000 morphs his hand into a blade and kills the space marine. T-1000 pwns them all.

Crichton
October 17th, 2005, 10:51 PM
or Cylon vs Hellraiser...that's an uphill battle. :)

or anyone vs Isabell from 4400...Isabell wins every time.

Giantevilhead
October 17th, 2005, 11:13 PM
or anyone vs Isabell from 4400...Isabell wins every time.
Wrong! None can defeat General Zod! Kneel before Zod!

dosed150
October 21st, 2005, 03:42 PM
you see what explosive rounds do to cylon centurions the kull weapon is much more powerful then them a kull would blow away a cylon centurion even if the kull warrior was outnumbered