Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to see the Tok'ra again(in person)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we going to see the Tok'ra again(in person)?

Since the death of Jacob/Selmak last season, i was wondering about the Tok'ra .

So far in S9 they were mention twice in conversations.
    The Jaffa Council said the Tok'ra wants to meet them
    Then in another episode
    Sam said the Tok'ra detected some sort of blackhole acticity.

So we know they are in contact with SGC and even make contact with the Jaffa Conuncil.

Are the Tok'ra being "Phase Out" ?

Most of the System Lord were kill by RepliCarter, and the rremaining Goa'uld had loss their army and power.The Jaffa nation have taken over most of the asset of the Goa'uld empire.

I don't think there is much undercover work for the Tok'ra, without a Queen they are just waiting to die.
    Selmak was at the end of her life ,the other Tok'ra are probably at the same stage.

No

Theres loads of threads like this do a search
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I personally don't think we will see them in person this season.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The interview with DeLuise (how ever you spell his last name!) said that the second half of season 9 we would hear more about the tok'ra and what they have been doing.

And about what you said about the queen tok'ra she didn’t spawn them all at the same time..... selmak was among the first spawned from the queen. Remember the Tokra and goauld don’t look at time the way we do. When we hear about her spawning the movement of the tokra for all we know that could have been taking place for over a thousand years or at least 100 years or 500 years somewhere in between there soo that’s why the tokra are all different ages. Remember when selmak was arguing with the other tokra in season 7 the episode "death knells" when selmak said "I was a leader among the tokra before you even where ready to take a host" the tokra are all different ages the queen in my opinion was def spawning them for at least 1000 years. They are not ready to die off yet!

For all we know they might even perfect the sarcophagus technology so the remember of them can use it and they would live for another 5000 years at least!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          I personally don't think we will see them in person this season.
          I agree. We'll probably see them next season (if were renewed)
          sigpic

Comment

after all they have that alterran healing device that daniel got.

Comment

I don't think the "phasing out" of the Tok'Ra is intentional, but more of a function of some major changes and developments that of occured in the last season and a half. The only truely protagonistic Tok'Ra left, Jacob, was killed off (needlessly I might add), the foil race to the Tok'Ra, the Goa'uld, has been decimated making their primary tactic, infiltration, nearly useless to the plot, adn the series has intoduced a new villian race which the Tok'ra would definatly want to stay away from for fear of extinction, and even if they did want to help out, we'd end up with them along with the FJN as useless allies and having two of those, with the heavy emphasis on the FJN, might be unbarable, while I'll say it is ok with just one useless ally. So i think think its those things which have lead to the absense of the Tok'Ra more than a conscience "phasing out".

Perfecto!

Comment

i think they will be hunting down the rest of the goauld

Comment

They weren't quite as badly off as the Jaffa in terms of a culture, but...Tok'ra, as Daniel said in season 2, it means "against Ra". Ra was gone, so they took on the other system lords. The fact is, the sole purpose to their existence over the past millenia had been to fight the Goauld. With them gone...they might not be all gone, but they'll play a limited part in the show, if any.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

It's kinda ironic isn't it, the Tok'ra have fought the Goa'uld for so long, we come in, and kill them off in just 8 years! (with some help but anyway the Tok'ra could've contacted the Asgard themselves now couldn't they?)

They're fighting for 5000 years, and we, the primitive ones, do it so fast

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                      It's kinda ironic isn't it, the Tok'ra have fought the Goa'uld for so long, we come in, and kill them off in just 8 years! (with some help but anyway the Tok'ra could've contacted the Asgard themselves now couldn't they?)

They're fighting for 5000 years, and we, the primitive ones, do it so fast
                      Hey, the situation just called for a human touch.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

with the help of the asgard and other advanced cultures. tauri didn't do it themselves so check yourself before making that type of statement

Comment

But the battle could not have been won without the Tauri. No one should forget that.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i'm not saying that just that they didn't do it themselves. like the poster said.

for once human tech was useful to other advanced cultures like asgard. projectile weapons against replicators

Comment

Luckily, our finally being useful paid some dividends. Such as the ship technology the Asgard shared with us.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X