This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the views number.

Just something I've been wondering for a while. I've noticed that the viewing figures for threads have gotten alot larger lately, many with staggering numbers! There's over 11,000 ppl that regiestered with this forum, how many ppl have lurked with registering, does any1 know. I'll see threads where there's just like 10 replys and like 100 views and ones with 50 replys and 500 views and then the views can become 10,000 to 100,000 and more, why so many lurkers that don't register or am I misinterpreting what the views number mean?
    sigpic

Every single time you go to a thread 1 is added to the views number

If I go in a thread 20 times in a day the number will go up by 20

Only registered users add to the view number - lurkers do not
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Can you imagine 100,000 lurkers?! That's one fifth the population of Wyoming!
      Last edited by Major Tyler; 15 October 2005, 03:46 PM.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Every single time you go to a thread 1 is added to the views number

If I go in a thread 20 times in a day the number will go up by 20

Only registered users add to the view number - lurkers do not
        Thx, still the numbers are often so big compared to the number of replies, I suppose alot of ppl register but don't post or don't post often.
        sigpic

Comment

There not really that big - for example the biggest thread in C&R is the RDA thunk thread 454,646 views and 46,887 posts - the views number includes the posts number so you are left with about ~400,000 views and ~50,000 posts

400/50 = 8

So thats 8 views for every 1 post seems ok to me
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Some people go into a thread and decide that they have nothing to say. Happens alot to me.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Some people go into a thread and decide that they have nothing to say. Happens alot to me.
              same

and 100,000 views is 10x the population of a shire (bigger than a town) in WA called Bruce Rock

Comment

People from all around the world can join this forum so that can explain it.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X