This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 2 - Season 9 & Season 2 DVDs Thread

The One Topic to post all the latest news on the Season 9 and Season 2 DVDs for Region 2.

STARGATE SG-1:

Season 8 Boxset - OUT NOW

Thanks to Orpheus & Serbeii for news on coverarts.

Season 9 Volume 44 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 9 Volume 45 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 9 Volume 46 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 9 Volume 47 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 9 Volume 48 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 9 Volume 49 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

STARGATE ATLANTIS

Season 1 Boxset - OUT NOW!
    Special Features

Season 2 Volume 1 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 2 Volume 2 - OUT NOW

Thanks to Elite Anubis Guard for the link to the cover-art

Season 2 Volume 3 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 2 Volume 4 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Season 2 Volume 5 - OUT NOW
    Special Features

Last edited by TheWarrior; 14 June 2007, 01:19 AM.

Awesome

However I aint happy with them changing volume numbering for Season 9 if its accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
      Awesome

However I aint happy with them changing volume numbering for Season 9 if its accurate
      Hopefully it will carry on from the last volume of Season 8, and that Play have just put Volume 1 in for the moment until they get more information on the Volume numbers.

Comment

I notice Play has every single Season starting with Vol.1 so i think its a Play.com thing.

On an similar note Play.com is always gettign the dates wrong esp. this far in advance. I'm Kind of disapointed its going to be February for it to arrive if that date is actually right, epsiaclly considering the separte volumes of S8 is already completly out. Surly the designing and release of the Box isnt an extra 7 month process ?
        Last edited by Hyper Nova; 21 October 2005, 04:12 PM.
        "Undomesticated Equines Could Not remove me"

Comment

The Atlantis DVDs were numbered Season 1 / Volume 1 etc, so I see no reason why the first one of Season 2 wouldn't be S2 / Vol 1...

I have to agree on the boxset though. What's the betting it has exactly the same art as one of the sets already released in Europe or the US??? I'm hoping it's to put more extras and commentaries on, but I won't hold my breath...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Nova
            I notice Play has every single Season starting with Vol.1 so i think its a Play.com thing.

On an similar note Play.com is always gettign the dates wrong esp. this far in advance. I'm Kind of disapointed its going to be February for it to arrive if that date is actually right, epsiaclly considering the separte volumes of S8 is already completly out. Surly the designing and release of the Box isnt an extra 7 month process ?
            It does seem a very long between the single dvds and the boxset, but MGM must have a schedule of when they want to release DVDs etc.

So the group as a whole have decided to wait till February of each year to release the boxset etc, just like the US get their boxsets in November. Why Februrary, who knows. They may leave it this late to ensure that the single dvds are purchased, otherwise there wouldn't be no point of releasing the single versions if everyone knew that a month after the last single DVD is released the boxset is out.

Comment

Why February?

Channel 4 are demanding it so it is shown on terrestrial tv before it comes on DVD

Comment

Why February?

Channel 4 are demanding it so it is shown on terrestrial tv before it comes on DVD
                As I said - who knows why they decide February to release the boxset.

My only idea is that they wait a while to ensure the single discs sell, otherwise if they release the boxset a month or two months after the last single disc is released then they must think fans will wait till the boxset and not buy the single discs which then become obsolete.

Comment

Nothing on Amazon though, it will be some time after it comes up for when I get it, to wait for the proce to come down!

Comment

Amazon.co.uk have now included the Season 8 & Season 1 boxsets on their release schedule.

The same dates provided by Play.com.

Comment

Think I'll start pre-ordering them then

Comment

any news on artwork or when we will get news on artwork??

Comment

No news on artwork - but keep checking back here as soon as I see any news or the artwork I'll post it here, and likewise for everyone else.

Season 8 boxset and Season 1 boxset artwork might be revealed in the next two months or so.

Comment

I demand artwork

Comment

Why February?

A word of advice, don't bother watching Stargate on Channel 4, they tend to cut the episode in half, or put it another way they butcher them.

Does anyone know if when we'll be seeing the DVD covers?

Comment

Working...
                              X