Name the next ST series...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the next ST series...

Any ideas or theories on how or where the next Trek series unfold or what will the storyline entail....I have heard some rumors that they might make a series set right after where Enterprise took place but before TOS took place. Did'nt they learn anything from Enterprise?...Going back like that is'nt what most trekkies want. I doubt they will go that route anyway.

Personally I want to see the next series called something like "Future Trek". Set 300-400 years in the future where TNG, DS9 and Voyager left off. Radical new ships and technology, new races and species being part of the Federation, peace with the Borg or the Borg as part of the Federation?...The possibilities are limitless if they go deep into the future.

Any ideas or theories on how or where a new series would go, or better yet where you would like to see it go.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    I have heard some rumors that they might make a series set right after where Enterprise took place but before TOS took place. Did'nt they learn anything from Enterprise?...Going back like that is'nt what most trekkies want. I doubt they will go that route anyway.
    They are making a film on that route
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      They are making a film on that route

I would rather see a film based on that concept than a whole new series about it Qasim...

You have any ideas on what you would like to see from the next Trek TV series my freind?.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I am not really sure

I would like Trek to take a break for a while

There was a time when Trek = Scifi when Trek defined Scifi

I grew up watching Trek and am able to relate so many things to it

The first time I heard about the concept for ENT - a chill went down my spine

Star Trek has always been a way for humans to look at themselves, its not just about the spaceships or the exploration it is about the experience, the ability to believe in a better way of life and ENT never did that for me

When thinking up ENT they also thought of ST: Academy - that would be a good premise
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

in a way the last ST series have set the stage for what could be a the best series yet, set after voyager and the films after that in what technically would be the 2380s as the trek timeleine goes voyager eneded in 2377, but an acedemy series seems good, but the future is what may hold the key to the revival of such a great franchise.

set after the next gen series such as TNG/movies, DS9, VOY and so on the stage is set for a ocean of possibilities that could unfold into what could be the best ever, forget the ENT series the whole point of that never really hit the nail on the head more so it was the nail in the casket for me, we have the federation and a post war scene where as things calm down following the allaince between the federation, klingons and the romulans and the dominion war a fading memeory of the 90s TPTB could turn it into a whole new concept surrounding for example a galactic conflict with races that have been established and new enemies and allies in the mix im sure if enough care and attention was made it could take the torch well into the 21st century where ENT failed to do so.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Also it has to be set before the 29th century because of all the time travel stuff
            love Torri

Comment

I'd love one, set in the future...it'd be interesting to have one where they're off exploring a new galaxy. That's why Froniters allures me so much.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yes there is that,

if i had to name one series in the whole history of televison serieals then startrek would be the top one for a series that time travels and alternates and repairs the past and future so much it puts other to shame in that respect.

its a little confusing at times to understand this so i guess many fans just turn off and watch for the entertainment value when such odd episode air like "past tense" "cold front" and so on

in the 29th century humans can achive time travel as can many other alien species, it makes one wonder that such a wide and comman technology would be abused so much and so frequesntly that its logical to assume that the timeline as it stands is one that may have changed so many times in theory that neither one or the other (being alternate timelines and universes) is real and it just merges together at some point in time and space which brings me to the point that the 29th century may never be clear as time will always change so much what has been established may never have existed in the fuure of ST.

one other thing has come to my mind concerning VOY, when in the past ie-year 1996 Capt Braxton changes about 3 times in the unfolding of the two part episode of season 3 indicating that events changed can affect the future so much that the future may never be set in stone for all time, sacry thought that the past is never safe from change and all of time will never transpire as it should for what good that is worth if time travel is so comman and oh look i've gone cross eyed.

my brain is confused forget time travel i will take a leaf outta janeways book dont bother trying to understand it....oh wait or was it never give up coffee ...black...oh well im too tired to even come back gere tonight fare well and should you be as confused as me when you read this than its proof time is more confusing than humans can comprehend.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I would'nt mind one set in a timeline right after Voyager. It would be intresting to see where the whole Klingon/Federation alliance plays out.

I still would'nt mind seeing one set around 26th or 27th century. Kind of where Archer was shown the future with Xindi being members of the Federation when they showed him a Starship from the 26th century.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The future's the way forward (literally but also) for Trek. The past has too many limitations of continuity, but after voyager would be ideal where we could explore relationships between the main powers. Whether dominion is involved i don't mind, but it would be unlikely as i don't see them as the kind to join the federation.

I'd kinda like to know how it turns out with the romulans after Nemesis. They could have another war or something. Like we could be at peace with them for a while but it kinda deteorates over time and that's where the new series starts off, maybe a century or maybe 2 into the future. That way, it would still be possible for the traditional "old" character to be there on the premier.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

A series with the Romulans on the premise of 'Unification' could be interesting
                      love Torri

Comment

A series in the 2380's Alpha and Beta Quadrants would be my personal preference. After the Dominion War, the return of U.S.S. Voyager, and Star Trek: Nemesis, very little is known about the current state of affairs in the local part of the galaxy. So many interesting questions left unanswered (despite the fact that there are many new Star Trek novels out now set in the aforementioned time). How is the Klingon Empire holding up with Martok as Chancellor? How are the Romulans dealing with the assassination of their Senate and short-lived reign of Shinzon? How fares the Cardassian's rebuilding efforts? Is Starfleet still “boldly going where no one has gone before?”

I wish I had the time and concentration to read the books out now and find out, but... Well, I don't.
                        And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Unfortunately I think that the next series will be named

Star Trek: Nevergoingtohappen

Comment

I like my idea:

Comment

do I know how to kill a thread or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X