This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads - the perfect ending

Had the SG1 series ended with 'Threads', I wouldn't have had anything to complain about. Granted, if I could change anything, it would be to have Carter and O'Neill finally come together. With the System Lords making a truce with Earth, the Jaffa free, the Replicators gone and Anubis out of the picture, it would have made the perfect ending. Besides, a lot of the characters would've done Atlantis good [just imagine a Carter/McKay reunion... ].

Does anyone else agree?

Yeah
    RECKONING, PART 1 & PART2, Threads, MOEBIUS, PART 1 & PART 2

is the best endind for a seris anyone could hope for but i'm not disipointed it went to S9
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy
      Had the SG1 series ended with 'Threads', I wouldn't have had anything to complain about. Granted, if I could change anything, it would be to have Carter and O'Neill finally come together. With the System Lords making a truce with Earth, the Jaffa free, the Replicators gone and Anubis out of the picture, it would have made the perfect ending. Besides, a lot of the characters would've done Atlantis good [just imagine a Carter/McKay reunion... ].

Does anyone else agree?
      YES!

that was my dream ending too...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

It was indeed an excellent ending. It was greatly satisfying to see them all together in the end... Add in General Hammond, and it wouldn't been fully complete. But still, the whole “They're all fishing together” thing... O'Neill first extended the invitation to Carter at the end of the third season (“Nemesis”). Better late than never...

And the fish was priceless.
        And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Reckoning and Threads would have made the most flawless ending to SG-1 imaginable. It's a shame they had to tack that lousy Moebius onto the end just to give a plot point for Atlantis to work with. I would've been happy with an 18 episode season had it ended with R/T.

I'm still a little divided though on whether Atlantis is worth focusing on, so for the time being I can completely ignore Moebius.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Moebius was unnecessary, but it was a great season finale. It was exactly the team action we're used to, a little alternate Jack/Sam romance, and it was really cool seing geek Daniel again. Moebius was one of the few episodes in Season 8 where they really had O'Neill back, and they put it together beautifully.
            I think that if it doesn't get renewed for Season 10 (God forbid), they shouldn't consider Season 9 canon.

Comment

Mobius mas **** but threads was good apart from the anubis out of the picture thing grrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

mas= was

Comment

O'neil really needs to be back for Season 10, like he said, he could do everything he damn wanted so he could ask to be retransfered back to SG1.

I really liked Threads, but I hope we'll never have to see an ending to SG1! (off course not to let the show end without an ending, but never end)

Comment

It would have been nice to see the series end after Reckoning or Threads. Both are among the best episodes ever made for the series. Both brought closer to many different plot lines and it almost seemed like they were being written as finale episodes.

timdalton007

Comment

Oh yes it would be the perfect end of Stargate SG-1!
                      Annubis is dead, the Jaffas are free and the domination of the Goa'ulds is finish!
                      But Stargate spends a lot of money and the producters have imgined a saison nine with the Oriis and Gerak!
                      "L'Homme n'est pas fait pour travailler, la preuve ça le fatigue- Voltaire"

Comment

I thought that Reckoning-Moebius would have been an excellent ending for the series. Reckoning Part 1, Reckoning Part 2, and Threads tied up all loose ends very nicely, while Moebius Part 1 and 2 seemed to return us to the roots of SG-1, back to Children of the Gods where the team was once again trapped in a prison. Kawalsky dies, Teal'c changes sides, and we see Ra again.

I also like season nine, but it is indeed a very different show. I look at it this way, which satisfies me:

Seasons 1-8 were a saga, a chapter in Earth's history in which we were threatened by the Goa'uld. It follows the adventures of Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Jonas Quinn, and George Hammond and how they worked together to, well, save the planet. Their journey finally ends in eight years time, and we get the ending we've wanted.

Season 9 starts a new saga, I suppose. Many have said this would have worked as a spinoff, and I agree. This saga is that of Cameron Mitchell, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, and Hank Landry trying to free their galaxy from the Ori. I'm hoping I'll come to like this chapter just as much as the last.

Therefore, I consider every episode from Children of the Gods up until Moebius Part 2 Stargate SG-1. Season 9, 10, and if we're lucky, beyond season 10, will always be like "Stargate SG-1, Part 2." Still a good show, still satisfying, yet very very different.

With this mentality, I can still enjoy Season 9 while still considering Reckoning/Threads/Moebius the endings.
                        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan
                        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I really believe Threads was the perfect ending....it was so much better than the Moebius ending.
                          My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Moebius could have easily been put before Reckoning with some minor adjustments. That way it would have ended with Threads.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I thought that they were written as ending episodes. I had read somewhere (probably here) that they were written without knowing if Season 9 would have a green light or not.

I was very apprehensivea about 9 but I have been pleasantly surprised.

What surprises me more is that I would actually take a Battelstar Galactica episode over Stargate SG-1 if it came down to it this late in SG-1's game.

Chas
                              Keeper of the Blue Crystal.

Comment

Working...
                              X