This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Bulletin?

Hi have you, darren and david, ever thoguht of putting a preview bullitin, sort of a box on the home page or as a feature. like you could say every season you could give us a snapshot of the things your planning, like a blog but more specific: for example you could do the winter preview and say were interviewing X, going over old episode and updating the omni.....things like that?

is that something you've considered or would consider doing?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Sounds good to me
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Would there be broad interest in this?

We wouldn't want to show our whole hand, but we might consider something of a working to-do list. I do drop some of this info in the Briefing Room column every once in a while -- that's meant to be somewhat bloggish.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
        Would there be broad interest in this?

We wouldn't want to show our whole hand, but we might consider something of a working to-do list. I do drop some of this info in the Briefing Room column every once in a while -- that's meant to be somewhat bloggish.
        Could Gateworld put some sort of voting aspect to it, like a thread that has requests in it, a mod puts it to the best ideas to a vote, but the vote is only if your interested in it though.

Comment

I'd like that. I used to have a section like that on my own website.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have reservations about this. To me, part of what makes GateWorld so much fun and entertaining to visit day after day is the simple fact that you don't know what you're going to get next. Having the blessings of the studio, but not having to answer to them for anything (despite what our competitors would have you believe), is a rare gift and GateWorld, because of its popularity (thanks to you guys) can be expected to bring you almost anything. Granted, I am involved in most of the exclusive features that are introduced on the main pages, but two years before I joined forces with Darren I was a fan of the site, too. I still am, and I think if we do start placing a bulletin of, say, 60% of the things that are coming, we'll lose a great deal of our magic.

Just yesterday I about flipped backwards out of my chair when Darren shared some of the neat features that he is cooking. And I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reaction when this stuff comes out on the main site. When you find out about something cool and new through GateWorld, you should be able to go and access the whole thing NOW, not have to wait for it to come out, because when it does it won't typically have as big a pop.

Just my two paragraphs.

Having said these things, it is only fair to give you a chance to come aboard with us on a feature or two. Anyone want to talk to Ben Browder?

Comment

personally, I like surprises..but then, I could just keep my eyes covered..

Comment

Working...
              X