This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links section

So you have a section full of banners for other people to link to GW...don;t ya think you should have a links section then? I mean, it's not really fair having loads of other sites linking here and no return for them....just a thought.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

The GW header pics could be used as banners
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Don't think we're on the same frequency.
      sigpic

Comment

Pics like:

and
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

No what I'm saying is..they have plenty of things like that for other sites to use...to link to GW, but GW doesnt have its own section for links to other sites.
          sigpic

Comment

A recent Briefing discusses this possibility.

Comment

A high-profile site like ours managing a links section is a pain and a half, as I've personally experienced when managing another site many years ago. The first step is that we'd have to find a mechanism where webmasters could update their own links and site descriptions.

It's one of those things that's cooking in the back of my head as to how to do it -- and do it in a cool, somewhat unique way, rather than just throwing up a links page for the sake of doing it.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Pics like:

and
                don't forget:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  A high-profile site like ours managing a links section is a pain and a half, as I've personally experienced when managing another site many years ago. The first step is that we'd have to find a mechanism where webmasters could update their own links and site descriptions.

It's one of those things that's cooking in the back of my head as to how to do it -- and do it in a cool, somewhat unique way, rather than just throwing up a links page for the sake of doing it.
                  Peggy galaxy offers a similar way of doing it. Although you must have an account on their site to submit one. http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

Something like this Darren?

http://www.wsnlinks.com/?source=footer

I don't know how it can be modified, since I've never used the script...however, it is in use here.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      So you have a section full of banners for other people to link to GW...don;t ya think you should have a links section then? I mean, it's not really fair having loads of other sites linking here and no return for them....just a thought.
                      I know this question has been asked before, and I have seen other sites that have easy to use mechanisms to add links. GW advertises itself as a complete guide to Stargate, so it should have links to other sites. Otherwise, the only way to find out is to read every thread (who has time to do that??) and find links. Having it laid out in an easy to read format.

Only thing you'd have to do is have rules, like saying you can't list your site/list as "the best" "the most complete", etc. etc. site. Just the facts, ma'am.

Comment

Top 50 Stargate sites according to GateWorld!

Comment

Working...
                        X