• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Meets Doom's BFG

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32777

Rock Meets Doom's BFG

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who stars in the upcoming film Doom, told SCI FI Wire that one of the biggest moments for him to film was when he came face to face with the Bio-Force Gun, or BFG, from the Doom game on which the film is based. His years of playing the game didn't prepare him for the time when he first saw the monster gun suspended in the air in a sealed-off weapons room—just as it is in the video game.

"It's not eloquently written or anything like that, but it's [a significant moment when] you pick up that gun," Johnson said in an interview. "Like I told [director] Andrzej [Bartkowiak], 'There are a few things you could say.' I mean, you might say, 'Oh, s---.' I mean, that's what you'd say."

Not surprisingly, that's what his character Sarge says when he first sees the weapon in the climax of the film. Even though it was a movie prop, the BFG was pretty heavy. Johnson said visual-effects supervisor Jon Farhat purposely made it that way for the sake of realism. "The real one was heavy, the real one that I was using, and that was good because you can tell when I pick it up the first time I fire it," he said. "I sort of take a step like that. That one was really, really heavy. The prop master had made it that [way]. The one that I had to run with wasn't as heavy because you obviously have to move with it, but it's a heavy sucker. It had a kick to it, too. I mean, you'd press it and it would come back."

Did he take any souvenirs of Doom home? Johnson slyly smiled and said: "Both of [the BFG guns] are sitting at my house now. It's fun. So much fun."

Doom also stars Rosamund Pike and Karl Urban. It opens Oct. 21 and is being released by Universal Pictures, a division of NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.com.
    sigpic

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32777

Did he take any souvenirs of Doom home? Johnson slyly smiled and said: "Both of [the BFG guns] are sitting at my house now. It's fun. So much fun."
    Awesome
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Working...
    X