Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks the Cylons are playing the Colonials like a fiddle?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who thinks the Cylons are playing the Colonials like a fiddle?

I posted this on another board and I'm going to post it here and expand a bit.

I say that the Cylons are playing the Colonials like a fiddle. To make matters worse for the Colonials, they are hitting every note in the Cylon symphony.

First, the Cylons are well versed and well aware of the Colonials' mythology. They know about the prophecies down to the letter. What a better way of getting what you want done than by making others believe that their Gods or God want it done?

The Cylons are getting exactly what they want out of the Colonials. They've hereded them to Kobol so they could find Earth. Wasn't it convenient that a Raider was captured and another jumping all over the place to give them the tools needs to not only get back to Caprica but to use the FTL as well? I hope I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Why do the Cylons want to find Earth? Maybe they can't and they need the stupid humans to find it for them so they could wipe out all humans. What a better way to see what Earth is all about by using other humans to do it? If the Cylons really want to kill off humanity so they could become more like their God, they'd have to kill off the Earthlings as well.

If Earth is too tough to crack, that's fine. The Cylons only have to slink away, evolve more and then come back when they can do it properly with the aid of even more advanced Cylon organics. The only cost to the Cylons if they could wipe out Earth at will is that they let some humans live for a short amount of time before pulling the plug on our life support.

For those who will say, "Well how did the Cylons know that the Galactica was going to survive?" or "How did they know how to let <character name here> live and do all of what they did?", I have a good answer. The Cylons didn't really know what ship was going to survive. They also didn't really know or care which people would live or die as well. The only thing that matters is if they can rig the rules they're playing so they can control the game without even thinking about it.

However, I am sure that the Cylons could dedicate a great deal of computer power to probability studies on certain personalities and vessels that could do what they wanted. Of course some are better than others but that is also easily corrected. When the probability studies indicted the correct time to strike for maximum effectiveness and survivability of desireable subjects, they did.

They most likely had 2 or more personalities that could have done what they wanted. If two or more of their more promising subjects survived and could have been an issue, they do have agents in the fleet and I'm sure they could have been dealt with effectively. The one who gets to live is the one that has the highest probability of doing what they expected.

as for the prophecy crud, so what? Do you really want to know how to make a religious prophecy come true? That is simple. Just believe in one so much that it even makes subliminal messages from your unconscious to your waking mind. You will be working to bring about the prophecy even if your are not aware of it when conscious. When you combine the active participation of the Cylons in the Prophecy and several of the fleet's highest members believe in that as well, you will make it happen.

Yup, the Cylons are playing the Colonials like a fiddle.

Well duh...

But they don't have everything under control, as seen at the end of Final Cut!
    Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
      Well duh...
      If true, then this is about a bunch of lab rats. No matter what the crew does, it is only when the Cylons slip up that matters. The Cylons can take out the fleet now. until that happens, the name should be changed from BSG to "Lab Rats in Space!"
      Originally posted by @Li3n
      But they don't have everything under control, as seen at the end of Final Cut!
      Their plan maybe slipping due the Cylons themselves. It seems that the real fact is that the organic Cylons are a heck of alot more human than they want to think of themselves as.

Comment

[QUOTE=LCD2YOU]as for the prophecy crud, so what? Do you really want to know how to make a religious prophecy come true? That is simple. Just believe in one so much that it even makes subliminal messages from your unconscious to your waking mind. You will be working to bring about the prophecy even if your are not aware of it when conscious. [QUOTE]

So President Roslyn gave herself cancer subconsciously before she knew about the prophecy? Bit of a hole in your theory there. Though it is a good one.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

The cylons had doral on the galactica they knew it was out away from the colonies for the decommisioning they knew it didnt have networked computers they knew it had mk II vipers. so logically they should have known it would survive. and doral was also on colonial one with roslin when the attack occured so it would seem the cylons actually made a choice to allow them to survive. otherwise doral could have just freaked out and killed everyone same with any other cylon in the fleet. if they wanted they could destroy them at anytime.

the cylons could just be playing cat and mouse. see how far the humans can get before they screw up. or there taking the easy route and letting the humans led them to earth so they can puge the galazy of the human filth

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
            Originally posted by LCD2YOU
            as for the prophecy crud, so what? Do you really want to know how to make a religious prophecy come true? That is simple. Just believe in one so much that it even makes subliminal messages from your unconscious to your waking mind. You will be working to bring about the prophecy even if your are not aware of it when conscious.
            So President Roslyn gave herself cancer subconsciously before she knew about the prophecy? Bit of a hole in your theory there. Though it is a good one.
            If you assume they were waiting for Roslin and only Roslin. What I did say is they didn't care who got sick.

Roslin is 43rd in line of succession. The Cylons just had to bide some time until one of the Government officials had cancer or another wasting disease. Like I said, they didn't care who survived and would work into their plans one day, they just knew somebody would.

The problem with it is some people may think that the Cylons were only just waiting for Roslin to get ill. Heck, they only needed 1 out of what, 100 or so civilian leaders in line of succession over a period of several years to become ill? Also, there is nothing to say the Cylons wouldn't have caused Roslin's or even another person to get cancer. Even if they didn't they could wait a little bit longer.

It could have been Roslin's cancer that started the process going. Although Roslin found out the morning of the attack, the Cylons and their good computer infilltration skills could have known days before and started the process then. After all they are machines and they just "do it" and start moving on the Colonials.

So, no holes I hope and thanks for the compliment.
            Last edited by LCD2YOU; 12 October 2005, 05:09 PM.

Comment

The cylons didnt plan it out THAT much. The prophecy wouldve been fullfilled no matter what. If not Roslin, then some other leader. The only important key was Galactica herself.

But i do think they are trying to legitimately kill them.

Im curious to think. But what would happen if the survivors just quit. Cut their engines and waited...

Comment

Originally posted by skrip00
                The cylons didnt plan it out THAT much. The prophecy wouldve been fullfilled no matter what. If not Roslin, then some other leader. The only important key was Galactica herself.

But i do think they are trying to legitimately kill them.

Im curious to think. But what would happen if the survivors just quit. Cut their engines and waited...
                Oh, I think the "Final Solution" the Cylons have for humanity is extinction. After they have children with humans, to make sure that they really are close, then they will feel closer to their God.

Yeah, I know. A loving God who loves everyone but it appears to get to know it one must kill. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

But back on point. I would say that the goal for the Cylons would be to have the Colonialists find Earth. The Cylons, who are tracking them can measure Earth's defenses without revealing themselves.

As for what is exactly going on, no the Cylons are not controlling any of it. They are only interested in the final product and don't care how many eggs need to be broken.

Comment

I agree. The time has been way to good. If the Cylon's are not playing the humans, then the show has some major plot wholes.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

The only thing that would make me doubt this theory is the final scene at the end of the mini series.
                    In it, several cylon copies rescue Doral from Ragnar station. They immediately begin discussing what to do about the escaped humans.
                    They seem reluctant to even chase them, but fear that if they don't, the humans will come back some day and take revenge on them. They then think that it may take years, or even decades, to find the fleet again.
                    This conversation seems inconsistant with the idea that this whole thing was planned by the cylons from the start, unless this particular group of cylons was not in on the plot.
                    Feel the Boom

Comment

Originally posted by La Bomba
                      The only thing that would make me doubt this theory is the final scene at the end of the mini series.
                      In it, several cylon copies rescue Doral from Ragnar station. They immediately begin discussing what to do about the escaped humans.
                      Or different writers.

The writers at the end of "Final Cut" leave one with the strong impression the Cylons can mount an overwhelming attack on the fleet at anytime. It may take 10 days to wear everyone out to they all just die of exhaustion. This won't be like the 5 days in a row from "33". At anytime they want, they can put the screws on the fleet and make them wish they were all dead.
                      They seem reluctant to even chase them, but fear that if they don't, the humans will come back some day and take revenge on them. They then think that it may take years, or even decades, to find the fleet again.
                      That was at the end of the mini-series. Like I said, different writers.
                      This conversation seems inconsistant with the idea that this whole thing was planned by the cylons from the start, unless this particular group of cylons was not in on the plot.
                      There is more than one plot hole.

Sounds like a good idea for a new thread.

Comment

Well, I think the stuff I posted is only inconsistant if you take for granted this theory that they planned this all out in advance.
                        I'm not convinced they did. My current theory (and I've modified it quite a few times ) is that they intended to destroy the fleet until word got back to the cylons that Adama claimed to know the location of Earth. They then modified their plans to follow the fleet and destroy Earth as well if it was found.
                        Feel the Boom

Comment

La Bomba, your idea is really not that much different from mine.

Oh yeah La Bomba, get a different avitar. I choose mine 2 days ago so I claim it!

Either that or whatever.

Comment

The av is all yours LCD!
                            I only chose it because (Leans in close and whispers) I'm not a Stargate fan. I joined for the BSG discussion...shhh

No, our theories aren't much different. Timing, really. Whether they planned it before the attack, or decided on the chase.

I had thought exactly as you did for a while. Even had a scenario in my head where the only reason the cylons blew up the water tanks on Galactica was to steer them in a different direction.

But the idea that it was all planned out way in advance creates problems in the plot, not the least of which is that the cylons seemed to be trying pretty hard to destroy the fleet in "33".
                            Feel the Boom

Comment

Hope you didn't take me seriously. My kids certainly don't.

As for the timing thing, well, one of the last things you see on the opening credits is "And they have a plan".

I agree that they are holding off on destroying the fleet because they want tofind Earth and wipe all of humanity out. That was the plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X