Treky forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treky forum.

My cousin is a bit of a Trekky (sp?). But he hasn't got any forums and he couldn't be bothered to look for one, understandably. So, any Trekkies here. I would appreciate it if you would post links to the home page of the best trekky forums.

Thanks.
    Godspeed, Don.

There used to be an excellent chat room at startrek.com called the starfleet lounge. It was a wonderful old place. If it existed in the real world, it would be one of those buildings you see downtown that seem to be falling apart at the seams, but nobody seems bothered to fix. It was filled with the mystical, faceless Moderators who seemed to apprear and disapear, as though psychic in nature. Half the time, duplicate versions of yourself would crop up, and thousands of new rooms would materialize unexpectedly, only one of wich led to the lounge.

Im gonna miss it, I never even got to say goodbye.
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

www.trekbbs.com

It's pretty active, although I can't vouch for how good it is.
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

You don't want to post there. There's constant war between fans of the different spin-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
          You don't want to post there. There's constant war between fans of the different spin-offs.
          Ah! Good to know there are wars in other fandoms. I knew I'd get in trouble listing a forum I never post at. I just read the SF&F section once in awhile.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.

Fan wars? For a tv show? Surely you jest

I lurked on their Enterprise board last season & while there's obviously disagreement on certain subjects, I've never seen anything really bad.

Comment

I haven't posted in about a year, but I remember that people were constantly putting other people and there favourite shows down. You couldn't post in the Voyager forum without someone trolling. The SF&F section is good, though. It might be different now, but I don't think I'd want to post there.

Comment

As a major trekkie myself here are a couple of good trek forums:

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

This is the company producing the current line of trek figures. There is a great trek section filled with very friendly people.

http://www.starshipmodeler.net

They have a good modeling forum for trek and other related scifi subjects.

http://www.saveenterprise.com

This a site deticated to saving enterprise from an undeserving cancellation. It is filled by a lot of the same people as the art asylum board, and it is run by the same person.

Your cousin might want to steer clear of the Trekbbs, unless he can take a good beating. There is a lot of fighting that takes place over there and they fight about everyother series. It is a good place took look, but not a great place to post on, unless you are in the trek art forum. The guys in there seem pretty nice.

Comment

I go to trekbbs.com and it rocks! Its the forum I go to most. They have everything there! They talk about stargate a lot too! It rocks! Go there! Its not bad at all.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

The best used to be section 31. com.
                    It still exists, but it is in the hands of the owners of the helix bbs now.
                    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

The Helix has been back for a while at section31.com. It's very good, and I visit it as much as I visit here... That, and there seems to be less negativity/intraseries rivalry than other boards (cough) trekweb (cough).
                      I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

What's your screenname at the Helix?
                        Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

I vouch for:

http://www.trekbbs.com

too. It's friendlier than you think. Just don't give into FLAMERS, and certainly don't flame back. The moderators there are quite active and DO deal with personal attacks on each other seriously. As for which series you like, just state your personal preferences and why in discussion if you care to, and no need to bash something else.

The moderators, like I said, do a really good job given the tremendous level of activity there, it is very congested at times and very busy. I post mainly in the misc. sci-fi/fantasy forum though. TONS of Atlantis threads right there, LOL... but yeah, TrekBBS is definitely one of, if not the biggest. And if not the biggest, then who is?
                          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I go there and I dont see how its unfriendly. Whats so bad about it? What rivalries?!?! Its a good board though. Try it out. Its very active with lots of good discussions.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Xenan
                              What's your screenname at the Helix?
                              Really want to know? OK... I'm the Man in Red...
                              I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

Working...
                              X