Who is your proof-reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your proof-reader?

Not trying to be negative with this post, but who does your proof-reading on the new scripts. I love you guys and Horizon is awesome, but I have noticed errors in both the 2nd and 3rd episodes, can't remember if I noticed any in the season opener. Ok, I'm done..keep on truckin!

Ah, no ones perfect.

Even really good novels published by really famous authors and yadda yadda have errors

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh, I understand that. The only reason I notice it is because I have proof-read other VS's before as well as some of my dumber friends college papers. My post is just a critique, not hatred of any kind

Comment

Our proof reader, well she's, you know...she uh...she left the staff recently due to other commitments, so right now, we kind of...haven't got one.

Okay, seriously, I just haven't gotten around to doing that these past few days, but I'll be posting a notice that we're currently looking for a proof reader. By the time an episode is released I will have gone through it countless times, over and over, editing parts, etc. However, if you get to the point where you've went through it that often, you just tend to overlook things. We all mostly do end up finding and correcting little spelling mistakes, but I know, we're not catching them all. Of course we always use the good old Word Spell Checker, but that doesn't do you much good if the word isn't spelled in-correctly, but it's much rather a different word from the one it was intended to be, which is what's been happening here.

I'll be posting some announcements with regard to current job openings in the next couple of days. We're most likely looking at three possitions that need to be filled, one of them will be the post of a script supervisor/proof reader. The other two are openings for additional 3D designers.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well then, throw my name in the hat for new SG: Horizon proof-reader Check with EAG and he will let you know my credentials since I have worked with him in the past and hopefully again in the future (that's a nudge to you EAG, we need more Legacy and Forsaken staff )

Comment

I'm going to sit down one day and start reading this.

... Mainly, so I can picture Carlos Bernard running around... *sigh*

... Seriously though, it sounds cool. You got people I can picture as these parts (especially Carlos ).

I will get around to reading it one day. I'm glad that it's so popular

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              I'm going to sit down one day and start reading this.

... Mainly, so I can picture Carlos Bernard running around... *sigh*

... Seriously though, it sounds cool. You got people I can picture as these parts (especially Carlos ).

I will get around to reading it one day. I'm glad that it's so popular
              Hey, I didn't notice your signature before. A fellow 24 fan, as it seems.

I agree, I think if you read the episodes, and if you're familiar with the actors, you should be easily able to picture them as the characters. They've all in a way go their own way of talking, which might actually be somewhat based on each of the actor's voices. It's kind of an interesting blending, I guess. But it works just great.

AzMcNeil, that sounds great. Maybe you could PM me your email address? That way I can get back to you by email.

Comment

Hey Alex...I just sent it to you

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                  Hey, I didn't notice your signature before. A fellow 24 fan, as it seems.

I agree, I think if you read the episodes, and if you're familiar with the actors, you should be easily able to picture them as the characters. They've all in a way go their own way of talking, which might actually be somewhat based on each of the actor's voices. It's kind of an interesting blending, I guess. But it works just great.
                  I became a 24 fan not too long ago. Sadly, I haven't seen all the episodes yet.

I have the last eight episodes of season 3 to see, and I haven't seen any of season 4 yet.

I only started having a 24 related signature a little while ago. I had a Tony signature, then I made a banner of my cat Fez, and I just changed to this signature yesterday.

... I'm going to keep on thinking of Tony and Jack Bauer when reading it

Comment

So I take it 24 is a good show then...I think I have watched maybe 15 minutes of it total...when is it on..I will make an effort to watch it

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                      So I take it 24 is a good show then...I think I have watched maybe 15 minutes of it total...when is it on..I will make an effort to watch it
                      It plays on a couple channels.

I believe they're into the 3rd or so episode of the series on WGN. I think it airs every Sunday or something.

It's a great show.

Season 1 was good (I hate Terri though), Season 2 was better, and Season 3 is just awesome (in my opinion)

Comment

Nice...I will have to check it out then. Now where is that damn TV Guide

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                          Nice...I will have to check it out then. Now where is that damn TV Guide
                          I downloaded the first episode, watched a couple episodes on TV (which I now know are from season 2) and just went to got the DVDs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                            I downloaded the first episode, watched a couple episodes on TV (which I now know are from season 2) and just went to got the DVDs lol.
                            Yeah, 24 is a great show. I love it, and I like to mention it at least once during every blog update that I make; I look at it as my signature. It's still coincidence that we have three actors from 24 on our cast. They just turned out to be the perfect choices for the characters.

You should definitely like those last eight episodes of Season Three. And I thought Season Four was great too; can't wait for it to come out on DVD in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                              Yeah, 24 is a great show. I love it, and I like to mention it at least once during every blog update that I make; I look at it as my signature. It's still coincidence that we have three actors from 24 on our cast. They just turned out to be the perfect choices for the characters.

You should definitely like those last eight episodes of Season Three. And I thought Season Four was great too; can't wait for it to come out on DVD in December.
                              Hehehehe. I just skimmed through your blog.

You really do mention 24 all the time.

I heard from someone that in season 5...
                              Spoiler:
                              A main character dies within the first three episodes. It better not be Tony or Michelle or I will be so upset!

24 is just so awesome. You never thought so much could happen in a day

Comment

Working...
                              X