PDA

View Full Version : The uniforms...

Alex Rubit
October 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Okay, in order to get some more discussions going again, I think it's time for a first little peak at something visual.

We haven't got a release date for the CG images (i.e. Horizon, the Valiant), as they're all still in progress; however, a lot might wonder what those Horizon uniforms actually look like.

I've said before that they're very similiar to the Atlantis uniforms, while still being a bit different, which I think is quite reasonable, since the SGC (now ISGC) wouldn't keep changing their uniform designs. So, here's the very first look at our uniforms. Should make it easier to picture the characters in uniforms; at least the human characters. Eventually the Vorian uniform design will be ready for release.

In order to see the image, just click on this link! (http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/13/takki22wa.jpg)

The color codes are the same as on Atlantis (black = military personnel, blue = science, etc.) In case you're wondering why this uniform has got the Finish flag, that's because our "costume designer" Jussi (Sir Ruff) is from Finland. ;)

AzMcNeil
October 11th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Nicely done Alex and crew....so when does the baby line of clothing for Horizon Inc come out? :)

Alex Rubit
October 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Nicely done Alex and crew....so when does the baby line of clothing for Horizon Inc come out? :)

Thanks. I think Jussi did a great job with that look; I thought this looked far too great to not finally release it. The Season One scripts describe the uniforms as being overall suits (similiar to the Prometheus uniforms); however, we've switched to jackets in Season Two, which makes them more similiar to the Atlantis uniforms. That way one can either wear the jacket or just the colored shirt; I've always liked that concept a lot, so I figured we'd have to for it too.

About the baby line, that's actually still being worked on. ;)

AzMcNeil
October 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM
LOL I can't wait! :D

on a side note, do you have a design for the ISGC patch? It would make a good wallpaper me thinks! arrrrgh :D

Alex Rubit
October 11th, 2005, 06:51 PM
LOL I can't wait! :D

on a side note, do you have a design for the ISGC patch? It would make a good wallpaper me thinks! arrrrgh :D

We haven't got the design for the ISGC patch ready yet. But that's one of the things that is being worked on, in addition to the Horizon patch.

I actually forgot to mention that earlier. The Horizon patch will of course be going on the uniform's right shoulder. You can't see anything on this image yet, but we're very eager to release those patches soon. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 11th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Wait...so that has actually been made?
And what about these T-shirts? I wanted one.

coolove
October 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Very nice job on the uniforms.

Alex Rubit
October 12th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you like the design.

EAG, it does look very real, but it's, as so many things are, very virtual. I guess I should have pointed that out. ;)

Sir Ruff could explain this so much better than me, but as I understand, he took an image of an actual uniform jacket, but altered it (i.e. color, some of the design). I think that's how he created this image. But I'm sure he'll explain it a bit better himself once he's here.

With regard to the T-shirts, that's still something we're planning on doing. There's no concrete date as of yet, and as I've said previously we couldn't actually try and sell any T-shirts (at least not without the involvement of MGM), but they'd make some nice little extras for conventions perhaps. Say you could recognize staff members because they're dressed accordingly. :D

I was also thinking about something along the lines of doing some kind of contest related to Horizon, and the winner/winners would get a T-shirt. I don't know, these are just some ideas.

But, again, this is only something we've been talking about. It's way, way too early to say anything for sure.

SierraGulf1
October 13th, 2005, 06:24 AM
With regard to the T-shirts, that's still something we're planning on doing. There's no concrete date as of yet, and as I've said previously we couldn't actually try and sell any T-shirts (at least not without the involvement of MGM), but they'd make some nice little extras for conventions perhaps. Say you could recognize staff members because they're dressed accordingly. :D

I was also thinking about something along the lines of doing some kind of contest related to Horizon, and the winner/winners would get a T-shirt. I don't know, these are just some ideas.

A lot of series and new "things" I've been seeing lately have been making t-shirts. I think they're a great idea, but it is true that we couldn't sell them. :rolleyes:

Elite Anubis Guard
October 13th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Well it is my birthday in 10 days .....http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack/jack03.gif

Alex Rubit
October 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM
A lot of series and new "things" I've been seeing lately have been making t-shirts. I think they're a great idea, but it is true that we couldn't sell them. :rolleyes:

Who knows. Maybe in the distant future...:D

Alex Rubit
October 13th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Well it is my birthday in 10 days .....http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/jack/jack03.gif

So that means... there'll be even more cake? ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 13th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I thought maybe the Horizon crew would wanna send this fan a pressy...a Stargate..Amanda Tapping..or say a T-Shirt?

Alex Rubit
October 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I thought maybe the Horizon crew would wanna send this fan a pressy...a Stargate..Amanda Tapping..or say a T-Shirt?

Hm. Well, the T-Shirts haven't even been made yet. Not sure about Amanda Tapping; I'll have to check on that. We do have tons of Stargates available. Let me know what chevron color you prefer, and to which address to mail it, and it'll be on its way.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 15th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Lol thats nice. We gonna see any badges soon? Patches?

Alex Rubit
October 15th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Lol thats nice. We gonna see any badges soon? Patches?

They're among the things we definitely want to have ready for release very soon.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 15th, 2005, 11:37 AM
So little time.

Sir Ruff
October 15th, 2005, 11:41 AM
hey ya'll

Alex asked me to explain how the jacket is made so I'll give it a try :p It's actually based on Weir's jacket and an image of her. Then I changed the color and digitally painted some parts to make it a little relaxed look than atlantis jakcets. and painted some parts like the rank on the shoulder. and of course changed the flag to a proper one ;) This ain't the final version, as you can see it's missing stuff, so i'll try to finish it soonish.