The uniforms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The uniforms...

Okay, in order to get some more discussions going again, I think it's time for a first little peak at something visual.

We haven't got a release date for the CG images (i.e. Horizon, the Valiant), as they're all still in progress; however, a lot might wonder what those Horizon uniforms actually look like.

I've said before that they're very similiar to the Atlantis uniforms, while still being a bit different, which I think is quite reasonable, since the SGC (now ISGC) wouldn't keep changing their uniform designs. So, here's the very first look at our uniforms. Should make it easier to picture the characters in uniforms; at least the human characters. Eventually the Vorian uniform design will be ready for release.

In order to see the image, just click on this link!

The color codes are the same as on Atlantis (black = military personnel, blue = science, etc.) In case you're wondering why this uniform has got the Finish flag, that's because our "costume designer" Jussi (Sir Ruff) is from Finland.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Nicely done Alex and crew....so when does the baby line of clothing for Horizon Inc come out?

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
      Nicely done Alex and crew....so when does the baby line of clothing for Horizon Inc come out?
      Thanks. I think Jussi did a great job with that look; I thought this looked far too great to not finally release it. The Season One scripts describe the uniforms as being overall suits (similiar to the Prometheus uniforms); however, we've switched to jackets in Season Two, which makes them more similiar to the Atlantis uniforms. That way one can either wear the jacket or just the colored shirt; I've always liked that concept a lot, so I figured we'd have to for it too.

About the baby line, that's actually still being worked on.

Comment

LOL I can't wait!

on a side note, do you have a design for the ISGC patch? It would make a good wallpaper me thinks! arrrrgh

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
          LOL I can't wait!

on a side note, do you have a design for the ISGC patch? It would make a good wallpaper me thinks! arrrrgh
          We haven't got the design for the ISGC patch ready yet. But that's one of the things that is being worked on, in addition to the Horizon patch.

I actually forgot to mention that earlier. The Horizon patch will of course be going on the uniform's right shoulder. You can't see anything on this image yet, but we're very eager to release those patches soon.

Comment

Wait...so that has actually been made?
            And what about these T-shirts? I wanted one.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Very nice job on the uniforms.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
              Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you like the design.

EAG, it does look very real, but it's, as so many things are, very virtual. I guess I should have pointed that out.

Sir Ruff could explain this so much better than me, but as I understand, he took an image of an actual uniform jacket, but altered it (i.e. color, some of the design). I think that's how he created this image. But I'm sure he'll explain it a bit better himself once he's here.

With regard to the T-shirts, that's still something we're planning on doing. There's no concrete date as of yet, and as I've said previously we couldn't actually try and sell any T-shirts (at least not without the involvement of MGM), but they'd make some nice little extras for conventions perhaps. Say you could recognize staff members because they're dressed accordingly.

I was also thinking about something along the lines of doing some kind of contest related to Horizon, and the winner/winners would get a T-shirt. I don't know, these are just some ideas.

But, again, this is only something we've been talking about. It's way, way too early to say anything for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                  With regard to the T-shirts, that's still something we're planning on doing. There's no concrete date as of yet, and as I've said previously we couldn't actually try and sell any T-shirts (at least not without the involvement of MGM), but they'd make some nice little extras for conventions perhaps. Say you could recognize staff members because they're dressed accordingly.

I was also thinking about something along the lines of doing some kind of contest related to Horizon, and the winner/winners would get a T-shirt. I don't know, these are just some ideas.
                  A lot of series and new "things" I've been seeing lately have been making t-shirts. I think they're a great idea, but it is true that we couldn't sell them.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well it is my birthday in 10 days .....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
                      A lot of series and new "things" I've been seeing lately have been making t-shirts. I think they're a great idea, but it is true that we couldn't sell them.
                      Who knows. Maybe in the distant future...

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                        Well it is my birthday in 10 days .....
                        So that means... there'll be even more cake?

Comment

I thought maybe the Horizon crew would wanna send this fan a pressy...a Stargate..Amanda Tapping..or say a T-Shirt?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            I thought maybe the Horizon crew would wanna send this fan a pressy...a Stargate..Amanda Tapping..or say a T-Shirt?
                            Hm. Well, the T-Shirts haven't even been made yet. Not sure about Amanda Tapping; I'll have to check on that. We do have tons of Stargates available. Let me know what chevron color you prefer, and to which address to mail it, and it'll be on its way.

Comment

Lol thats nice. We gonna see any badges soon? Patches?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X