• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire- Human Evolves Into A Game

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=32794

Human Evolves Into A Game

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson told SCI FI Wire the previously announced film Species Human may become a video game rather than a movie. The story about an interplanetary zoo with many different creatures would have featured the former professional wrestler as the perfect specimen for mankind. The plan was to do the story as a film for Universal Pictures, but Johnson said for the first time that the idea may be scuttled.

"What's probably going to happen with that is that we'll probably turn that into a video game," he said during interviews for his upcoming game-turned-movie Doom. "Conceptually, it's a cool idea, and a cool idea for a video game, and I love video games. That's one of those things where the script was written and written and written, and if it doesn't come in right, no one feels great about it. That was with [producer] Kevin Misher, who did The Scorpion King and The Rundown and The Interpreter, and that'd be with Universal."

Although Misher has had trouble with the story, Johnson admired his desire to get it right before going forward. "I appreciate they are thinking about it," he said. "It's like, 'We're not going to make a movie just to make it. It's got to be right.' So we've talked about it, and we've talked to gaming companies, and we're probably going to turn it into a game."

Johnson said he likes the idea, but isn't thrilled with the script at the moment. "Well, the concept is great," the actor said. "We're in a zoo. We all got transported to a zoo in space and I represent the human race. The idea is great, and there are all these other species that are there, anything that your mind can imagine. My mind is not that imaginative, but for those who are, it's really, really cool in the sci-fi genre. Unless someone comes up and just nails it, and I'm being candid, it's going to be a video game."
    sigpic

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    The story about an interplanetary zoo with many different creatures would have featured the former professional wrestler as the perfect specimen for mankind.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos quoting The Rock
    I represent the human race.
    That's not even funny. No wonder aliens never interact with us when all they find is drunken hillbillies and former wrestlers turned "actors"!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
      That's not even funny. No wonder aliens never interact with us when all they find is drunken hillbillies and former wrestlers turned "actors"!!
      LMAO
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
      X