This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they air The Siege Part 1?

Well, you know how they're airing seasons nine of SG-1 and two of Atlantis every Friday. Why didn't they air the Siege Part 3? Instead they started the re-airing of Atlantis with The Intruder. Can anyone give me an explanation on this? Oh, and if this is already a topic you can lock it but please direct me to that topic.
    Last edited by TheLastSunset; 11 October 2005, 12:08 PM.

The easiest answer......those at SciFi scheduling like to toy with viewers. I've come to believe it must be a form of entertainment for them.

Now.....perhaps there is actual logic behind the decision to not air the Siege again, but I do not have the answer to that as I am content in my belief that they just like toying with us.

Comment

Well, the Seige part 1 is from season 1, and they're restarting with season 2. It actually should have been The Seige Part 3 that they started over with instead of The Intruder. However, seeing as it is a part 3 they may have decided to skip it because of 1 & 2 not running immediately beforehand. I don't know if that is right, but it seems to most logical explaination to me. Now, as to why they don't just run 1 & 2, I'm just guessing but that may have something to do with the fact that season 1 is out for syndication now. There may be some deal going that prevents it. Same reason why SciFi has never ran season 7 of SG1 durring the Stargate Mondays while it was still in syndication.
      My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

It's called "The Siege Part 3" And personally, I don't know why they didn't air it. Maybe they didn't air it because they're planning a marathon for a SciFi Friday show.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it has something to do with Part 1 being season 1, but then again...trying to analyze TPTB is difficu!t~
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
            I think it has something to do with Part 1 being season 1, but then again...trying to analyze TPTB is difficu!t~
            Yeah but dont forget Part 2 is also in season 1.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Maybe SciFi decided Part 3 isn't crucial to the overall plot lines of season 2. Perhaps there isn't time to air all the episodes, so the ones that aren't necessary are omitted. Perhaps...
              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                Maybe SciFi decided Part 3 isn't crucial to the overall plot lines of season 2. Perhaps there isn't time to air all the episodes, so the ones that aren't necessary are omitted. Perhaps...
                Isn't crucial to the overall plot lines?

I'd think the Ford/Enzyme plot would be pretty crucial. Especially since it's what landed Sheppard's team in the deep end.

Maybe because it was the last part of a three parter, with the first two parts in Season 1.

Comment

Maybe 'cause they want to keep the two show's timelines in synch?

Comment

Working...
                  X