This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith and Ancients biological link.

Does anyone else think that all this talk of humans being transformed into wraith-like creatures through retro viruses and wraith being turned into humans by filtering out all the wraith DNA is just a little too convenient?
    What do you want to bet we find out later that the Ancients ,who were supposedly fighting a devestating plague, saw the incredible regenerative properties of the iratus bugs and sought to incorporate this aspect into their own DNA. Only they failed and instead created the wraith from among their own kind.
    This would make a lot of sense.
    Arthur Dent: On Earth we have..
    Ford Prefect: Had.
    Arthur Dent: Had... this thing called tact.

My apologies.
    I've just had a look at the rest of the forum (probably something I should have done before posting for the first time) only to discover that most of what I said had already been discussed.
    A couple of points though. If the iratus bug experiment had worked in curing the plague, although transforming a portion of the Ancient population into wraith, it would explain how those who fled back to Earth could live out their lives unaffected.
    Also it would explain why the Ancients stayed to fight the wraith until there were relatively few of them left - they saw their own culpability in loosing the wraith onto the human population.
    Guilt and humiliation over their own hubris could explain the "lie" found in the history device at the beginning of the series - namely that the wraith were found already living in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

Seems like a reasonable supposition. There is some question as to how the Wraith got so advanced so quickly, and if they already had access to the Ancients' technology (by virtue of being Ancients themselves) then it would explain this discrepancy... they had a massive headstart. And what ugly heads they started with.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

If they were the Ancients, you would think that they would have all the technology that the Ancients had, for example, better hyperdrives.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

And they missed out on the "hot" gene that the rest of the Ancients seem to be blessed with.

Comment

Perhaps the wraith's all consuming hunger impairs their creativity, and limits the extent to which they can adapt/create new technologies.

Comment

Or maybe they diverged in another galaxy before the Ancients developed their technologies, and the wraith took longer to evolve? And maybe in the another galaxy, there's still people who have both the ancient gene and the wraith virus?

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurdenu
                Perhaps the wraith's all consuming hunger impairs their creativity, and limits the extent to which they can adapt/create new technologies.
                They were able to adapt the ancient technology on the aurora quite well. I think the wraith are descended from normal humans. I used to think they might had evolved from ancients but then they would maybe have the ancient gene and far more advanced technology. Also the wraith don't know about earth, the ori etc. They don't seem to have the vast knowledge the ancients had and no wraith so far shown ascended.

Edit: Forgot to mention the wraith in condemned said when our lineage diverged, giving the impression he knew he was descended from humans, yet he still eats them!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  They were able to adapt the ancient technology on the aurora quite well. I think the wraith are descended from normal humans. I used to think they might had evolved from ancients but then they would maybe have the ancient gene and far more advanced technology. Also the wraith don't know about earth, the ori etc. They don't seem to have the vast knowledge the ancients had and no wraith so far shown ascended.

Edit: Forgot to mention the wraith in condemned said when our lineage diverged, giving the impression he knew he was descended from humans, yet he still eats them!
                  That's exactly what I was thinking.
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

According to the holigram at the beginning of atlantis, they stepped on a world, where a deadly enemy slept. This could mean that the wraith where allready there, or, it could mean that if they seeded the planet with Human DNA, it mixed with this deadly enemies, and created the wraith.

Finally, another question, what i dont get is, why would the ancients seed the planets with human DNA not ancient?
                    "Fly your ship through replicator dominated space, repair whatever damage may have been done to the time dialation device, and activate it before the replicators can stop you"

Best.Thor.Moment.Evar

Comment

Originally posted by dial_the_gate!
                      According to the holigram at the beginning of atlantis, they stepped on a world, where a deadly enemy slept. This could mean that the wraith where allready there, or, it could mean that if they seeded the planet with Human DNA, it mixed with this deadly enemies, and created the wraith.

Finally, another question, what i dont get is, why would the ancients seed the planets with human DNA not ancient?
                      Humans are the 2nd evolution of the ancients.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe they didn't want them to be as powerful as they are or maybe they didn't want them to evolve or perhaps move on to a higher plane of existence like the ancients.

Comment

Working...
                        X