This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Like Me

The second season is comming Anyone else share the excitement on the return of this show? I can't wait
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    The second season is comming Anyone else share the excitement on the return of this show? I can't wait
    ooh really? i've watched... 5 of 6 episodes of season 1. i don't know when they're supposed to have new ones on Canadian movie channels... or are they on the same schedule? hmm... i love this show. it seems like they're airing 2 episodes a night. i'd so buy this on DVD. in the last episode that was on last night Roxie (sp?) left. she was cool! i liked her... damn...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      ooh really? i've watched... 5 of 6 episodes of season 1. i don't know when they're supposed to have new ones on Canadian movie channels... or are they on the same schedule? hmm... i love this show. it seems like they're airing 2 episodes a night. i'd so buy this on DVD. in the last episode that was on last night Roxie (sp?) left. she was cool! i liked her... damn...
      Wasn't there 14 episodes in Season 1? And oh yah, it wasn't Roxie who left, it was Betty, but Roxie did leave the show for a few episodes, because yah, she had 'promises' elsewhere. I'm not sure about Canada's schedule, but yah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes this show Yah, i miss Betty

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Wasn't there 14 episodes in Season 1? And oh yah, it wasn't Roxie who left, it was Betty, but Roxie did leave the show for a few episodes, because yah, she had 'promises' elsewhere. I'm not sure about Canada's schedule, but yah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes this show Yah, i miss Betty
        d'oh. after i read through my message i realized i said Roxie and i didn't get a chance to correct it lol. i meant Betty, but i just couldn't remember her name! i haven't a clue how many episodes were in season 1 lol. i need to get caught up with episodes lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          d'oh. after i read through my message i realized i said Roxie and i didn't get a chance to correct it lol. i meant Betty, but i just couldn't remember her name! i haven't a clue how many episodes were in season 1 lol. i need to get caught up with episodes lol.
          Haha

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. Dead Like Me & Jeremiah (if it ever finishes out!) are the only reasons I still have Showtime!

Comment

I haven't watched Jeremiah in a while , i never got into it

Comment

Jeremiah improved at the end of the first season & the second was also pretty good. But they never played the second half of the season like they said they would in the spring. Someone said that the DVD is out in Canada or somehwere so they may never play it.

Comment

Never was clear on the plot of the show, but since dvd's are out, i'll go get them

Comment

Teryl Rothery (Dr. Janet Fraiser in SG1) will be guest starring Dead Like Me in episode 3 as a house broker? I forgot what its called.

Comment

Oh really? Hmmm I haven't seen Dead Like Me, ever, but have heard good things about the show quite a few times. Ellen Muth has such a seriously cute deadpan look. House broker? Real estate agent?
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I think something do to with selling houses! Haha...

Comment

The new season starts 10:00 Sunday - opposite The Dead Zone of course. Why do networks schedule similar shows against each other all the time?

Some minor spoilers. I'm not sure if I like them veering away from the first season's "darkness."

From the oft-referenced Zap2It
                          http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,274|89319|1|,00.html

'Dead Like Me' Not as Grave
                          (Wednesday, July 21 12:02 AM)
                          By John Crook
                          George Lass (Ellen Muth) steps more confidently into the first day of the rest of her death as "Dead Like Me" begins its second season Sunday, July 25, on Showtime.
                          Fans of the dark comedy will remember that George (short for Georgia) spent much of Season 1 in a vile mood, and understandably so. After all, the bright but aimless teenager had been fatally creamed by a toilet seat from the plummeting Skylab space station. George's messy demise threw her into the arms of her new mentor, Rube (Mandy Patinkin), a crusty pragmatist who quickly recruited her for his team of Grim Reapers, the beings assigned to remove the souls of the living and point them toward their designated afterlife.

Nonplussed to discover that her own afterlife required her to work at a temp agency called Happy Time to make things meet, George also spent many nonreaping hours at an eatery called Der Waffle Haus with Rube and the rest of his team: cranky meter maid Roxy (Jasmine Guy); Daisy (Laura Harris), a dazzlingly self-absorbed former actress; and Mason (Callum Blue), a feckless Brit slacker who has carried his penchant for substance abuse beyond the grave.

Season 1 ended last September as a more mature George made peace with her new role in the cosmos, even as she sadly watched the marriage of her parents (Cynthia Stevenson, Greg Kean) come unglued under the stress of her death.
                          "I'm playing George quite a bit differently this season, and I'm glad you picked up on the fact that she kind of made peace with her situation at the end of last season," Muth says during a production break on the show's Vancouver set. "This season is a lot funnier, not as dark, mainly because, well, she has accepted the fact that she is dead. She knows she cannot go back to where she was when she was alive.

"But she's also a lot more confident now in who she is and what her job is, and she is becoming more of a woman and more sure of her sexuality. As far as the reaping of souls, she now views her job the way the other Reapers do: It's a job, you do it and it's done, so there you go."

George's newfound confidence spills into her goofy office routine at Happy Time as well, where new friends begin to gravitate toward the once-lonely teenager.

"Early in last season, George was very worried about other people's emotions, especially how they saw her, and felt she was outside looking in," Muth explains. "This year, she still hopes people will accept her for who she is, but if they don't, she's OK with that. Oddly, because she has that confidence, the people around her like her more. She becomes more a part of the Reaper family, and she also is able to get along with people more outside of their circle as well.

"Things that go on at Happy Times are very funny this year, and if you were watching last year, some of the people you saw then as basically extras emerge as real characters in their own right this season, at least to some degree. And they also manage to cast the best guest stars on this sho.! They are just amazing, and work very well with the rest of us."

The new episodes this season also contain hints that George's destiny as a Reaper may have been preordained on some level. Certainly she is suspiciously good at this bizarre job and, Muth notes, she is the only character able to see the Gravelings, mischief-making gremlins who often set into motion the fatal last events in an impending tragedy.

"The fact that she's the only one of the team who can actually see the Gravelings means that she gets a kind of head's up as far as which person around her is about to die," Muth points out.

As for her fellow Reapers, look for the lovely Harris to have a dalliance with "Will & Grace" star Eric McCormack in a multi-episode arc. Viewers will be making other discoveries about Daisy, Muth reveals, many of which uncover an unexpected depth to this wistful beauty.

"Daisy comes across as very high-maintenance and hard to deal with and very confident, yet this year we discover a lot of insecurities she has," Muth says. "All that cockiness is actually a cover-up. She actually has a very dark side that starts to be revealed this season, and Mason, of all people, is the one to discover it. She's an extremely smart character, although she seems like the typical blond ditz at first, almost as if she is content to be treated as a trophy. But she's actually very shrewd about knowing what she wants and how to get it, no matter who she has to step on."

Muth, a dazzlingly self-assured actress at 23, is a good deal less ruthless when it comes to her own career. At the moment she hasn't even read any scripts for a future project -- "It's just too distracting while I am focusing on George," she explains -- and she has nothing lined up after she wraps Season Two of "Dead Like Me."

"I never wanted to play in a teeny-bopper movie," she says candidly. "I never wanted to play -- and don't think I would be cast as -- the pretty girl who got to wear all the name-brand designer costumes. From the beginning, I always was drawn to the deep roles, the ones that had a lot of different things to explore. I never really cared about the paycheck. It was all about the craft, really. I never got into this for the money."

Comment

Thanks I love the show Its so depressing though, but at the sametime funny

Comment

Ooh cool. DLM is a great series. I can't wait 'til its shown in the UK - anyone know when that might be?
                              Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X