X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official "New Order" Threads!

Hello!

I'm new here and I was wondering if there are episode threads somewhere, like it used to be on Delphi, for every new episode that aired.

Since here in Canada we're stuck with reruns, I'm very excited to hear all your comments on New Order.

In a short and non-spoilery way, I think that it is an excellent episode...I think there's hope yet for Season 8.
    Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Here's our official discussion threads for "New Order!"

NEW ORDER, PART 1 (first half)
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1859

NEW ORDER, PART 2 (second half)
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1860

Comment

Memorable quotes:

"Who's your daddy!" yells O'Neill. This man is a genius in his own right.

Also, I was hoping to see something at the end of the episode, after the promotion of Carter. O'Neill says to himself "I can do anything I want..." I was envisioning O'Neil and the rest of SG-1 in front of the stargate, all in golf clothes, and hitting golf balls through the stargate (just like from Window Of Opportunity). Preferable pitching balls onto one of Ba'al's homeworlds. Just for kicks.... hitting Ba'al in the head with a golf ball.

<WACK!> "Payback for those damned daggers!"

BTW, who else would like to replicate Amanda Tapping for thier own personal companion?! Oh yeah! Nice and oily, ........ and quite chilly in the room too. BOING!

Comment

On a scale of 1-10 What do yathink?

Comment

Nikadiemus gives is a "10".

Good story

Great special effects

Great to see the Asgard again.

Oh crap, the replicators are back, ugh!

Richard Dean Anderson, got to love the attitude!

Comment

Well, honestly, I was completely satisfied. No problems here.

The final scenes, the promotion, actually made me shed a tear... it was such a happy scene.

I give it a perfect 10.

Comment

I didn't like the farm.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zombie8
                  Hey Zom,
                  Wasss up?
                  I thought it was great. "9.5" Watching it again right now.
                  See ya,
                  Stu
                  Last edited by Zat Gun; 09 July 2004, 07:43 PM.
                  I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
                  Zat Gun
                  aka: URGO, aka: Stu

Comment

Glad to see they dealt with the replicators. It was definitely time to see them again. I hope we see Sam encounter her replicator counterpart later in the season.

Comment

9. The episode just seemed too conveniet. Now the Asgard can fight back agianst replicators and the replicators are now squerming about. Also, Baal and the whole system lords thing was just a bit too untraditional considering how the system lords are supposed to be all strong. It seems like they are getting owned by every renagade and crazy person out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth
                        Also, Baal and the whole system lords thing was just a bit too untraditional considering how the system lords are supposed to be all strong.
                        Yes the system lords did seem a little too tame an willing to negotiate. Especially considering they suspected Earth was bluffing about the full functionality of the Ancient weapon.

Overall good episode though. SG1 made up for the Goa'uld.

Comment

Oh there might be spoliers in this post, but you shouldn't even be reading this thread if you don't want intel on the new episode.

The only thing I did'nt like was the Design of the RDG (Replicator Destroyer Gun) It just wasn't... well I guess O'neillish... enough. But I did love that the Asgard named Thor's new ship (Chariot) the Daniel Jackson.

Comment

I liked the first episode of season 8 alot, much better than I expected.

It had certain "how the hell are they going to get out of this?" moments that were pretty good, and I didn't have a clue about what was going to happen

O'neill opening up on the replicators while yelling "Who's your daddy?" was classic

Comment

Originally posted by zombie8
                              I'd give it a '10' overall. It had a good beat and you can dance to it.
                              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                              it has it's own laws and beats about things
                              which the intellect scorns."
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                              X