X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who Books

3 new ones are out starring the 9th Doc, Rose and Capt Jack

Thanks for the info
    I havnt got round to reading them yet but from the looks of things these are going to be good too.

edit: Yay 700th post !!!
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I've read 'The Clockwise Man'...it was good. I liked how Rose and the Doctor came across just as they did on screen. I've got a couple more of the new books, but I haven't got round to reading them yet.

Comment

I found that the clockwise man was the weaker book out of the first 3. My favourite one definatly was the winner takes all. Pure brilliance!!!!

Comment

I have a lot to read, I've got a lot of other things to do before I settle down with a book

Comment

I think the best part about Doctor Who fandom is the fact that there are so many related novels out there. More so than watching the episodes, I like to read novels (or in the case of SG-1 and Kung Fu TLC, fanzines). I have barely begun watching Doctor Who, and I'm already browing eBay and other sites for the books. A friend of mine bought the Ninth Doctor books. Since she and I have basically the same taste, I'll let her decide whether or not I should bother with them. I hear they're aimed towards children, so I'm a bit hesitant.

Comment

I've read some of the books (haven't tried the Ninth ones yet). Most of them are fairly good, though there are a few that are pretty bad in my opinion. Terrance Dicks and Steve Lyons are some of my favorite Who authors.
              "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I've started 'The Clockwork Man' and also have Winner takes All hanging around.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I won an auction yesterday for a bunch of Fifth Doctor novels: Fear of the Dark, Empire of Death, Warmonger, Zeta Major, Deep Blue, The King of Terror, The Ultimate Treasure, and Imperial Moon. Unfortunately the seller asked an absolutely ridiculous amount for shipping from the UK to Holland, so I'm having them sent to a friend in the UK, and I'll get the books from her at the L3 Stargate convention... at the end of November. I'll have to practice some patience.

Anyone know if the novelizations of the serials are any good? I mean, do they add anything to the story as seen on TV? I may be interested in getting some of the Fifth Doctor novelizations, as well.

Comment

I have two of the serials as books 'cause I found them at a book sale for like 25 cents. Let's see: Deadly Assasin and Seeds of Doom. They're alright, but not much more than what you get in the show. A few more lines, a little more detailed background, but that's about it as far as I remember. Cool to have, if only for collector value.
                    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I've read all the new adventures and as many missing adventures and Benny series books as I can get my hands on for the 5th,6th and 7th doctors. I've read 4 of the 6 new doctor who novels so far. Fave is Clockwise man. (The robotic cat and guy did it for me) and the worst so far Deviant Strain. Also just recently read imperial moon and fear of the dark which were craking good 5th doctor books.

Comment

Little update:
                        I bought the "Eight Doctors" novel, which I hear really sucks, but I am just too intrigued by the story idea to not give it a try. Besides, I figure I just have to read it to find out if I want to read more of the Eight Doctor. I also won an auction the other day for the novelizations of Mawdryn Undead, Castrovalva, Arc of Infinity and the Five Doctors, which are some of my fave Fifth Doctor stories. I really hope the novelizations are good reads.
                        At the moment I'm reading The Sands of Time (there's an e-book version of the novel, which I printed out) and I bought Lords of the Storm and The Crystal Bucephalus. Am trying to get my hands on a copy of Cold Fusion, but, man, that's just nuts. That book goes for absolutely ridiculous prices on eBay and on second-hand book websites.

No clue when I'll get around to actually reading all those books! At the moment I'm still stuck halfway through watching the Sixth Doctor serials. *blush* I just like reading books more than watching television, I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                          Little update:
                          I bought the "Eight Doctors" novel, which I hear really sucks, but I am just too intrigued by the story idea to not give it a try. Besides, I figure I just have to read it to find out if I want to read more of the Eight Doctor. I also won an auction the other day for the novelizations of Mawdryn Undead, Castrovalva, Arc of Infinity and the Five Doctors, which are some of my fave Fifth Doctor stories. I really hope the novelizations are good reads.
                          At the moment I'm reading The Sands of Time (there's an e-book version of the novel, which I printed out) and I bought Lords of the Storm and The Crystal Bucephalus. Am trying to get my hands on a copy of Cold Fusion, but, man, that's just nuts. That book goes for absolutely ridiculous prices on eBay and on second-hand book websites.

No clue when I'll get around to actually reading all those books! At the moment I'm still stuck halfway through watching the Sixth Doctor serials. *blush* I just like reading books more than watching television, I guess!
                          WQhoa thats a lovely set of books there . Enjoy !!

Comment

I've read the four novelizations now. Castrovalva was the best of the four, IMHO. The author went far more into details about the characters than the other authors. It was also much longer than for instance The Five Doctors.

I like the idea of novelizations of TV episodes. It's a shame they're not being written for the new series. If they had these novella-sized books for episodes like Rose, Father's Day, Dalek, the season finale two-parter etc. I'd definitely buy them!

At some point I'll probably try and buy more Fifth Doctor novelizations, but for now I'm gonna focus on the original novels. That'll probably keep my busy for a while! That, and the Sixth Doctor TV serials. I watched Timelash last night, and next up is Revelation of the Daleks, I believe. Timelash was fun enough, but the way the Doctor treats sweet Peri really angers me. Where she gets the strength and courage to stay with him, I'll never know.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dallista
                              I like the idea of novelizations of TV episodes. It's a shame they're not being written for the new series. If they had these novella-sized books for episodes like Rose, Father's Day, Dalek, the season finale two-parter etc. I'd definitely buy them![/QUOTE]

What I'd really like to see is novelizations of the episodes that we can't get like Celestial Toymaker or Highlanders. Some of the lost early episodes were terrific and I love it if they had books of them so that we can still enjoy them. Though the audio is pretty good.

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X