Jor el

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jor el

when did Jor el become a jerk. In the movies and such he was just a dad doing the only thing he for a his kid. Now he's all you goota conquer the humans, your humainty makes you weak guy. What the heck happened?
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Originally posted by Kirath
    when did Jor el become a jerk. In the movies and such he was just a dad doing the only thing he for a his kid. Now he's all you goota conquer the humans, your humainty makes you weak guy. What the heck happened?
    I will tell you what happened! The real Jorel has been revealed. I was very pleased to see that on Smallville. Hopefully we will get to actually see Jorel in a future episode.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Kirath, I never liked how they made him evil. I always liked how Clark went to Jor'El for guidance and recived advice from him. Maybe they should reveal that it was Brainiac posing as Jor'El and making Clark do his bidding. That would be a great way to introduce the character. I do, however, agree that his being evil does make good stories!

Comment

Perhaps, not Brainiac but a version The Eradicator programed to guide Kal-El.

Comment

Originally posted by Cereal_Killer
          I'd have to agree with Kirath, I never liked how they made him evil. I always liked how Clark went to Jor'El for guidance and recived advice from him. Maybe they should reveal that it was Brainiac posing as Jor'El and making Clark do his bidding. That would be a great way to introduce the character. I do, however, agree that his being evil does make good stories!
          I'm not sure I would exactly consider him "evil", but I will agree he is extremely hard on Clark. It may be a matter of that he knows just how difficult and dangerous the path that Clark is going to have to walk. He may think that this is the best way to prepare him for it.
          My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

In the comics there are varying storylines about this history and politics of Krypton and some of them indicate that it wasn't just populated by a race of benevolent people.

One of the Zod backstories actually goes so far as to indicate a faction that was more agressive and believed in Kryptonian supremacy as a race...so that could be the inspiration behind the current Jor-El. On many occasions he's said that Clark was there not just to save his life when Krypton exploded and they've gone to great lengths to show that Kryptonians (perhaps Jor-El) had been to Earth in the distant path, probably setting up something like this.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

another thing that bugs me is the past visit to earth thing. that means that were capable of spaceflight years ago. So why didn't Jor el just grab a bigger ship and bring the whole family. And if they had ship where are the other Kryptonians. Other than a few criminals trapped in the phantom zone Kal el was supposed to be the last.
              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I don't think his real intention is for Clark to take over the world. I think he’s using reverse psychology trying to push Clark down the path that he shouldn't take so he will take the right one and in the movie Clark has already chosen the right path so he doesn't have to push him any more
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to get caught up on the series, can someone explain Jor El's back story and how he was introduced???

Comment

Originally posted by contact2918
                    I'm not sure I would exactly consider him "evil", but I will agree he is extremely hard on Clark. It may be a matter of that he knows just how difficult and dangerous the path that Clark is going to have to walk. He may think that this is the best way to prepare him for it.
                    This sounds pretty reasonable to me. Also, he may truly feel Clark really would make a good leader for our race.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
                      another thing that bugs me is the past visit to earth thing. that means that were capable of spaceflight years ago. So why didn't Jor el just grab a bigger ship and bring the whole family. And if they had ship where are the other Kryptonians. Other than a few criminals trapped in the phantom zone Kal el was supposed to be the last.
                      In some of the comics they said that krypton once had a space program..a very successful one, but abandoned it. Before krypton exploded Jor-El went to the council to plead that they restart the program and evacuate krypton before its to late. But they denied it and he went home to build a "Model" but since jor didnt have enough time to build a bigger one he put clark in it and sent him to earth.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goa'uld slayer
                        I'm trying to get caught up on the series, can someone explain Jor El's back story and how he was introduced???
                        Lets see Jor El as you know is Clarks true father. Him and his mother sent him to earth to save his life as Krypton was being destroyed. Later on Clark met up with Dr Swan (played by past Superman Christopher Reeves) who revealed he knew more about Clark than Clark did. And he discoverd messages saying he had to destroy humanity or something along those lines from his father. Anyway one thing led to another leading to the Kawachi caves and going into the wall talking to Jor El and stuff. I think other people can explain it better than I can since I only started really watching Smallville in Season 3 and have seen only a handful oif Season 1 and 2 episodes.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

People have to remember that Jor-el is not only a Kryptonian like Clark but also his father, he may be harsh but it is the responsibility of a parent to teach their children right from wrong. Considering that Clark has super-powers it is prudent to be very strict at the beginning, I do believe that Jor-el is manipulating Clark via reverse psychology, but as the series has progressed Jor-el has mellowed albeit slightly, showing a caring side to his son albeit a small one, perhaps this is a learning curve for both of them??

Comment

In an alternate reality universe in the comics they had it that the Kryptonian civilisation survived and moved to Earth where they considered themselves the 'elite' and treated humans as bugs. But this was an alternate reality.

Also they said that there was the Cleric who guided a few Kryptonians into space but they died because they wouldnt live off their homeworld. I think it was the Cleric...it was a while ago so not sure could be wrong.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

it was the cleric, but they died because a device which was the eradicator created by kem-L, Superman's ancestor binded the kryptonians to the planet, therefore as the followers of the cleric left Krypton they died due to the severing of the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X