This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taonas
    I agree fullheartedly with that (however I would like something implied... IMPLIED, not actually ever shown).
    Now THAT is showrunner thinking!

Comment

It maybe possible to bring BSG into the Buck Rogers universe. So then the spin off could be Buck Rogers. Just a thought, since all the sounds and special effects from good ole Buck Rogers was a mimic from the original Galactica.
      So yes, Galactica could find earth in post Apocalyptic era in the forum of a new series based on a Buck Rogers Series. But hey thats just me.

Comment

Personally, if Galactica were ever to make it to Earth... I'd prefer if we were finally able to pay homage to the show that kept the OG Galactica on the air in the first place: Space Battlecruiser Yamato, or as it was known here in the states: Starblazers.

Would love to see Galactica jump into our Solar System just after the Bolar wars (which was an alien race with a ship that looked surprisingly like Galactica to begin with) and there sitting in front of them is an old seafaring battleship that has been squared off and retrofitted for space travel with a big honkin' gun in the front of it.
        "Yeah I know it's called Sci-Fi Fridays, but couldn't they call it something cooler like BattleGate Atlantis Fridays?"

Patrick J. Blanchard

Comment

I've thought about this myself. I think they will have to be more advanced than our current state, maybe 2100, 2200, probably not that much more...simply because it wouldn't make sense for the 12 tribes to have advanced as much as they have but for the 13th tribe (earth) to be at our current relatively primative level.

Another related issue I struggle with is -- how does evolution (which we know to have occurred on Earth) factor in to everything? It doesn't make sense for Kobal to be the source of humanity -- it must be Earth. Maybe there is a forgotten story about how they came from earth originally and so the 13th tribe was actually RETURNING to Earth.

Comment

If or when they find Earth, what will BSG find?. . . . . .I am kind of fuzzy about the timeline that BSG is in now compared to our actual timeline today.

Will they find modern day Earth as it is today, or maybe some post acopalyptic Earth or will it be a more modern Earth than what exists today.

Any ideas or theories would be appreciated.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

They'll probably never find Earth. If they find Earth the show will either end or become worthless crap, from experience.

However, there are some great stories to be told if they ever do reach Earth. I am hoping for a modern or near-future Earth just to simultainously disapoint and frighten them. We're too primitive to oppose the Cylons, which would certainly be disapointing. We have enough nuclear weapons do destroy a planet several times over and no delivery vehicle capible of getting them off the Earth, which would certainly be frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                If or when they find Earth, what will BSG find?. . . . . .I am kind of fuzzy about the timeline that BSG is in now compared to our actual timeline today.

Will they find modern day Earth as it is today, or maybe some post acopalyptic Earth or will it be a more modern Earth than what exists today.

Any ideas or theories would be appreciated.
                Hmm its hard to say. To be honest I doubt they'll ever get to Earth. The writers would be between a rock and a hard spot. If they made Earth like it is now, then the Cylons would slaughter us like the Colonies, and so BSG would turn into BSG:1980 which bombed. If they make Earth too advanced, then it loses its down-to-earth feel that has made it so popular. So I really don't think they'll ever go to Earth

Comment

My theory is that the original colonials left Earth several thousand years prior to the current timeline (they were a counterculture religious-ish movement mixing elements of Judaisism and several pagan religions). Whether they fled in pursuit of religious freedom or for some other reason is irrelevant. Earth's Humans would be largely monotheistic at this point, and might actually have more in common with the cylons than they do with the colonials (the Cylons and Earthlings would both believe in one god). I'd like it if a highly advanced Earth turned out to be an ally of the Cylons, and either turned the colonials away or attacked them if they found it.

Comment

I have long held the belief that Earth is now the Cylon home planet. We know they the Cylons left the twelve colonies and were not seen for 40 years, in that time they could have found Earth and killed/inslaved its inhabitants and set up thier home base there.

Comment

Interesting takes my fellow BSG brethern, thanx for the very cool responses!....

I find the idea of an Earth that is already taken over by the Cylons as an interesting concept.

How about a story arc where we do eventually find Earth and all we end doing is leading the Cylons to Earth....

Or maybe when they do find Earth (if the ever do) that we are technologically advanced enough to help them destroy the Cylons.....

Or the worst case scenario I can think of is where we find Earth and all there is are humanoid Cylons that have replaced everyone
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

i just hope that the series doesn't go the way of so many excellent tv dramas and end up degrading in quality to the point where they do a rushed ending cos the network is cancelling its run.

I hasten to add BSG is the best sci-fi tv i have seen in years, and doesn't look like its heading that way, but then i loved the early x-files series and look what happened there.

I hope finding Earth is an epic climax to season 6 or 7 or whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakster
                          I hope finding Earth is an epic climax to season 6 or 7 or whenever.
                          My opinion but I honestly think BSG will only last at least run for 5 Seasons maybe 6. And near the end of that run, they'll find Earth, and soon after that happens, Roslin will die from her cancer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe a future earth from our time line?
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

In the original series they found Earth, right? It turns out that it was not even a big deal as us poor Earthlings had no advanced technology to fight the cylons. The BSG ends up actually protecting Earth for a few episodes and then leaves. So the discovery of Earth could be just a few episodes that would not require the ending of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by awgneo
                                In the original series they found Earth, right? It turns out that it was not even a big deal as us poor Earthlings had no advanced technology to fight the cylons. The BSG ends up actually protecting Earth for a few episodes and then leaves. So the discovery of Earth could be just a few episodes that would not require the ending of the show.
                                lol but it did result in the end of the show, BSG 1980 was canceled. maybe the entire show could just be about cylons and the colonies, but then once its over come back to the Earth idea. like after farscape was canceled, they came back a little while later and did a miniseries to wrap things up. maybe thats what they could do with BSG. have the whole show about the cylons and stuff, but then once the show is over, they could come back and do a closing miniseries where they find earth and earth helps them have their final showdown against the cylons

Comment

Working...
                                X