This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh? Disappointment.... (wraith)

Well ChevronNine has screen-caps from the Lowdown which had scenes from "The Rising".

I was quite disappointed by how they made the Wraith...

Spoilers:

From the synopsis (by Beagle) and other information about the Wraith, I imagined a very powerful race. The synopsis stated that the Wraith sent down "phantoms" or illusions that were forced into the minds into the denizens of the region by the Wraith psychic ability. This notion seemed awesome and ridiculously powerful. The Wraith would be so powerful that they didnt send down real units but confused denizens with illusions that attacked people until their real units could "shock" them.

However, the clips show a group of Wraith soldiers (3-5?) and a male Wraith commander/leader. The Wraith soldiers in one clip are getting shot down just like ... Jaffa Warriors. I truly hope they just tripped and they get back up. However, the commander apparently does not get shot down.

In Beagle's synopsis, it was stated that Wraith soldiers were easily shot down with Earth weapons (unlike the care-taker, who was shot down with the Wraith stunner). This makes the enemy weak. The idea of the Wraith instilled fear in me as I have had multiple nightmares surrounding them. However, these facts have eased those fears and I hope they are incorrect.

The Goa'uld, when they were a good enemy (that instilled fear), became a lame enemy that was evil, but mostly obnoxious. The Replicators, seemed like a notorious enemy, until Earth measly trapped them and O'Neill creates an Anti-Replicator weapon. The Wraith seemed awesome .... something that truly killed the Ancients. The Ancients did truly prove their greatness, but from these things, the Wraith do not stand up to that greatness.

One of the sketches of a Wraith identifies the slit on both sides of their face near their nose as an additional sense that helps them locate prey. THAT instills fear. THAT makes a good enemy. Not lacky warriors that get mowed down by Earth's measle weapons.
    I truly hope that I am incorrect and I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Wonder who would read such a thick text>
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

It won't matter in a season or two they will just put the Wraith to "sleep" if no one likes them and introduce another pointless enemy.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
        Well ChevronNine has screen-caps from the Lowdown which had scenes from "The Rising".

I was quite disappointed by how they made the Wraith...

Spoilers:

From the synopsis (by Beagle) and other information about the Wraith, I imagined a very powerful race. The synopsis stated that the Wraith sent down "phantoms" or illusions that were forced into the minds into the denizens of the region by the Wraith psychic ability. This notion seemed awesome and ridiculously powerful. The Wraith would be so powerful that they didnt send down real units but confused denizens with illusions that attacked people until their real units could "shock" them.

However, the clips show a group of Wraith soldiers (3-5?) and a male Wraith commander/leader. The Wraith soldiers in one clip are getting shot down just like ... Jaffa Warriors. I truly hope they just tripped and they get back up. However, the commander apparently does not get shot down.

In Beagle's synopsis, it was stated that Wraith soldiers were easily shot down with Earth weapons (unlike the care-taker, who was shot down with the Wraith stunner). This makes the enemy weak. The idea of the Wraith instilled fear in me as I have had multiple nightmares surrounding them. However, these facts have eased those fears and I hope they are incorrect.

The Goa'uld, when they were a good enemy (that instilled fear), became a lame enemy that was evil, but mostly obnoxious. The Replicators, seemed like a notorious enemy, until Earth measly trapped them and O'Neill creates an Anti-Replicator weapon. The Wraith seemed awesome .... something that truly killed the Ancients. The Ancients did truly prove their greatness, but from these things, the Wraith do not stand up to that greatness.

One of the sketches of a Wraith identifies the slit on both sides of their face near their nose as an additional sense that helps them locate prey. THAT instills fear. THAT makes a good enemy. Not lacky warriors that get mowed down by Earth's measle weapons.
        I truly hope that I am incorrect and I hope someone can prove me wrong.
        Actually Joe Flanigan said they come back to life.

Comment

I don't think they'll be disappointing. They may fall down when you shoot them, but unlike Jaffa they'll get back up again.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I agree with Darren. They might be misunderstood
            __

__

Comment

Wait and see till you watch the show man. So much prejudgements before this show has actually aired. Just kick back and wait for a couple episodes and see how they do things...Sheesh
              Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
              - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
              Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
              Mayboune: *shrugs*
              - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Hmmm...I think the wraith will have their qualities to differ from jeffa
                __

__

Comment

You've had nightmares about the wraith?

I don't know...they look pretty scary to me. I wouldn't want to meet one!
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think I'd want to meet one, for a fact they're pretty ugly
                    __

__

Comment

Looks has nothing to do with it. It's all about the inside!

I think I'm gonna love the Wraiths. If they use alot of ships that is!

Comment

I liked the part in the special when they said that they had to make the Wraith smart enough to defeat the Ancients, but dumb enough that we could defeat them on a daily basis.

I'm looking forward to them. They seem to be a really nifty enemy.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

From the Lowdown they seem pretty cheesy and not at all scary. And if you watch the actor's comments on them it seems like they are just saying what they were told. "The Wraith are really, scary..yeah." IE: "I think they are cheesy blue-makeup-wearing clowns, but TPTB want me to play them up."

But we'll have to wait until Friday before we truly find out. I remain cautiously pessimistic, as always.
                          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

The Wraith look pretty cool, but not scary!
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen
                              I remain cautiously pessimistic, as always.
                              Ah, see that's where we differ - I remain cautiously OPTIMISTIC.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X