This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 DVD Boycott/Petition

If you haven't heard, early reports indicate that the Season 8 DVD boxed set contains an edited version of the episode 'THREADS'. (Here in the US at least). Given that the episode is ONE of the critical episodes of the entire series AND that the extended version is the version aired originally on Sci-Fi, I've started a petition to notify the producers that of a boycott of the boxed set. I for one will not be buying it because of the issue. Thankfully, I didn't preorder it. (Of course, if you have you may want to return it as soon as it arrives to let the merchants know of the issue.)

http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1S8DVD/petition.html

David H
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

I'll be buying the DVD set as I've never seen Season 8. I guess I'll never see the 63-minute cut of "Threads."

Comment

umm i there's minor typo:

To: Producers of Stargate SG-1

We, the undersigned, are refusing to purchase the Stargate SG-1 Season 8 DVD Boxed set on the grounds that it contains an edited version of the episode 'THREADS' (Episode #820). We ask that all subsequent boxed versions include the original edit of the episode as it aired on the Sci-Fi channel or that a separate DVD including the extended cut be made available.

Threads is epsode 818, not 820.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
      Originally posted by Jonzey
      Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Season 8 should have just started in Syndication. Syndication is always 1 year behind.
        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Get over it, they invented TiVo for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jebus
            umm i there's minor typo:Threads is epsode 818, not 820.
            That was per www.stargateSG1.com. When I just doubled checked, the two part'ers are being counted as singled episodes. Those being 'RECKONING' and 'MOEBIUS'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              Are you serious? They invented TiVo for a reason... but 'they' also invented boycotts for a reason, invented petitions for a reason...

If you're teasing, it's a good idea to use a smiley or six so that it's clear.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                That was per www.stargateSG1.com. When I just doubled checked, the two part'ers are being counted as singled episodes. Those being 'RECKONING' and 'MOEBIUS'.
                yes, but that site lists the eps in wrong order...

816: Reckoning pt. 1
                817: Reckoning pt. 2
                818: Threads
                819: Moebius pt. 1
                820: Moebius pt. 2
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                Originally posted by Jonzey
                Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

If you haven't heard, early reports indicate that the Season 8 DVD boxed set contains an edited version of the episode 'THREADS'. (Here in the US at least). Given that the episode is ONE of the critical episodes of the entire series AND that the extended version is the version aired originally on Sci-Fi, I've started a petition to notify the producers that of a boycott of the boxed set. I for one will not be buying it because of the issue. Thankfully, I didn't preorder it. (Of course, if you have you may want to return it as soon as it arrives to let the merchants know of the issue.)

http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1S8DVD/petition.html

David H
                  You're kidding right?

First they **** up the Australian release, by only including 5 audio commentaries (we got the long version of threads on the dvd, we only got the short version on tv though), and then this, they really dropped the ball with this boxset.
                  Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

Just sign it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                      Why should we get over it? Sure I TIVO'd it, but that doesn't mean that I don't want my DVD to contain the full version that I TIVO'd, along with a commentary. If I just wanted what I TIVO'd I wouldn't buy the box set to begin with.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                        Why should we get over it? Sure I TIVO'd it, but that doesn't mean that I don't want my DVD to contain the full version that I TIVO'd, along with a commentary. If I just wanted what I TIVO'd I wouldn't buy the box set to begin with.
                        How did I stick my TiVo into my DVD player?

Comment

How did I stick my TiVo into my DVD player?
                          Huh?

Do you mean how do you burn DVDs from TIVO? My TIVO player has a burner as part of it.

Now my husband has our old TIVO hooked up to a computer with a tv card and DVD burner in it, which is also linked to the cable, so he burns them that way. After all, TIVO is just a computer. It interacts with other computers quite well.

And if that isn't what you were asking, then maybe it will help someone else. *shrugs*
                          sigpic

Comment

Ep 7: Affinity and ep 8: Covenant are in the wrong order on the DVD set. Covenant should be first, then Affinity.

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi, "In the Making: Affinity"
                            - They were the N.I.D., then "rogue elements within the N.I.D.," then "former rogue elements of the N.I.D." Eventually, they became completely disassociated from the N.I.D. and we needed a new name for them. Easier said than done, of course, because it turned out every name we thought of had been used on Alias. Eventually, we came up with the Trust -- and it wasn't until weeks later that we learned it, too, had been used on Alias. In the end, it was either stick with the Trust or go with our back-up: The Former Rogue Elements of the N.I.D. Now Working for Private Interests Bent on Global Domination. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

- And speaking of naming them: Originally, this episode was intended to air after "Covenant." As a result, Daniel (in the van scene) already knows their new name.
                            Link: http://gateworld.net/sg1/s8/making/807.shtml
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Are you serious? They invented TiVo for a reason... but 'they' also invented boycotts for a reason, invented petitions for a reason...

If you're teasing, it's a good idea to use a smiley or six so that it's clear.
                              You would think they made that longer version for a reason, too. Like being able to view it. Unless, of course, when it aired it came with a content warning: All contents may not be broadcast again, EVER.
                              sigpic
                              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                              X