This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes in the city

Do you think they can scan the pegasus galaxy for more ZPMs?

Maybe if they further explored the city, they'll find the facilities to make more drones or recharge the depleted ZPMs?

yeah that is a good point im sure that the long range sensors could detect a zpm or some other alteran technology like it did with the ship. we could scan the galaxy for anything ancient just too see what is out there.

Comment

It would be nice when they find the facilities to make more drones. I am not sure whether they can recharge ZPMs. Because they draw power from a self-contained region of subspace time. But it would be nice if they found out how to make more.
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh

Maybe if they further explored the city, they'll find the facilities to make more drones or recharge the depleted ZPMs?
        i think that maybe what
        Spoiler:
        epiphany is about, except that they might not have scanned for it

Comment

It will also be nice to find a way to boost the Daedalus hyperdrive so it can travel between Atlantis and Earth in less than 4 days using the current power source. Possibly using similar concept of the Power Modulator technology but in a more permanent solution instead of one time use. With the new modification and ZPM, they can possibly travel in a matter of hours just like any Asgard ships.

Another thing is to improve the Daedalus shields strength to hold a little bit longer during battle. Maybe even a cloacking generator schematic that can be created from scratch and integrated into Daedalus.

However, I agree we do need to find a technology that can create a new ZPM and new Ancient Drones.

Comment

Perhaps, there is a planet where the Ancients created ships, and there drone weapons and ZPM's will be found. I wonder how much of the Pegasus Galaxy can the long range sensors actually scan, I mean if they can scan the entire galaxy those are quite unique sensors, so is half the galaxy more plausible, 25%, I want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
              It would be nice when they find the facilities to make more drones. I am not sure whether they can recharge ZPMs. Because they draw power from a self-contained region of subspace time. But it would be nice if they found out how to make more.
              Yes, I agree that would be very nice for everyone in Atlantis, but it's just too damn easy. Where would we be if TPTB couldn't entertain us with the technological difficulties of Our Heroes?

Though I admit it's frustrating to see the Atlanteans thwarted at every turn in their ZPM hunt or general search for useful Ancient technology--you know, "The Brotherhood" and "Aurora" immediately come to mind--I don't want them to get off so easily either. Strife and danger make for a good show, and Atlantis being in her weakened state with the Wraith awakening all across the galaxy in huge numbers is quite dramatic.

Hm. I think it's also somewhat important to note that Atlantis is now functioning with only one of three ZPMs. That's much better than what was available in S1, but the city's not fully powered by any stretch of the imagination. Especially since her single ZPM might have been depleted to begin with and was rapidly put through the stresses of dailing another galaxy, speeding an intergalactic hyperspace trek, and withstanding the bombardment of... what? Ten or something hive ships? Not to mention that kamikaze dart attack. On top of that, it's possible some systems require there to be a certain number of ZPMs. For example, the shield might be supportable with only one ZPM whereas the city's engines and hyperdrive remain inaccessible without three. Those three ZPMs probably have to be well charged for Atlantis to make any long trips, too. Actually, I tend to think the fact that the shield was backed by only one ZPM rather than three working in tandem contributed as much to its apparently fast decay as the Wraith siege. Bah. I have to watch "Before I Sleep" for that whole rotation of ZPMs thing. I mean, are the ZPMs in parallel? In series? In a weird, incomprehensible alien circuit that defies physics as we know it...?!

Anyways, I would totally dig a sort of three-way arms race between the Atlanteans, the Wraith, and the more belligerent human natives of the Pegasus galaxy (e.g. the Genii). There was a taste of that in both "The Brotherhood" and "Aurora," with Kolya attempting to steal the ZPM simply to deny the Atlanteans its use and the Wraith beating our heroes to the prize, respectively.

The ZPM hunt would certainly be more interesting, and research into Ancient technology more pressing, with several competing parties out there. It'd be like the race to map the human genome. Only much less friendly. And more likely to get everyone involved killed.
              Last edited by Yeade; 01 September 2007, 09:12 AM.
              The fact is I think I am a verb instead of a personal pronoun. A verb is anything that signifies to be, to do, or to suffer. I signify all three.

Comment

They'll probably find some bits and bobs but they wont solve the ZPM thing too soon.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

if atlantis is the prize jewel of the ancients wouldent it have some production facilities

Comment

Nice idea, but would ruin the show with us always winning.

Comment

Again no it would not the wraith defeated the ancients, and the ancient knew how to create this stuff and knew how its works so with all of the good weapons and unlimited supply of ZPM it would still be a extremly difficult war and for me it would prbably make the show a bit more interesting, with some huge space battles. And it would show us the real purpose for us coming to atlantis which was to find new technology and get hold of big space guns.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh

They already explained that any ZPM's would have been detected on their sensors in rising when Colonel Sumner asked the same question to Rodney.

Comment

if there was any more zpms then they'd have detected them since ep2 season2

Comment

Changes to the city?

Well, they got rid of the 10,000 year old dead plants.

Hey, it's something.

Comment

Yeah true. Getting rid of The 10,000 year old dead plants helped.
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                              X