PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Gateworld's main page? ( Resolved)

lilslim142000
October 5th, 2005, 09:52 AM
What's wrong with Gateworld's main page? I started typing gateworld.net but i cant seem to access this site. Is it down? Is anyone else having this problem?

Qasim
October 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Its working fine - maybe its an isp problem

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
October 5th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Its working fine - maybe its an isp problem
Yeah, maybe it is an isp problem, I dial it up here at school and it works fine.

Crichton
October 5th, 2005, 11:10 AM
every time i pull up the main page the column at the top with [sg-1, atlantis, omnipedia, forum, etc...] is always off sized and under a layer of other text. i don't have problems with any other parts of this very well designed site:) I thought the updates to the quick reply were very helpful.

startrekempress
October 5th, 2005, 11:32 AM
every time i pull up the main page the column at the top with [sg-1, atlantis, omnipedia, forum, etc...] is always off sized and under a layer of other text. i don't have problems with any other parts of this very well designed site:) I thought the updates to the quick reply were very helpful.

Which browser are you using? Because that could certainly be the issue . . .

~Sarah

Qasim
October 5th, 2005, 11:35 AM
every time i pull up the main page the column at the top with [sg-1, atlantis, omnipedia, forum, etc...] is always off sized and under a layer of other text.That happens to me when I try to search the main site

Crichton
October 5th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Which browser are you using? Because that could certainly be the issue . . .

~Sarah
I guess I'm not completly sure what you mean:o , do you mean "internet explorer??"

starathena74
October 5th, 2005, 01:53 PM
help

starathena74
October 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
im haveing a prob too and i have msntv

tony
October 6th, 2005, 04:53 AM
the www.gateworld.net isnt working for me.. is it not wokring for anyone else? it hasnt been working for me the past 3 days :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stricken
October 6th, 2005, 05:15 AM
if its not working how are you on here, and it worked fine for me just now.

tony
October 6th, 2005, 05:42 AM
i direct connect to the fourms its easy... forum.gateworld.net

tony
October 6th, 2005, 05:43 AM
and ya i really dunno whats up .. i click the link i put in first post... and it laggs for like 5 minutes and says "cannot load page"
its been like that for me for 3 days =(

./freelancer
October 6th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Works fine for me.. /me dunno too

Agent_Dark
October 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM
clear cache/cookies and try again. It works fine for me :)

FoolishPleasure
October 6th, 2005, 06:26 AM
I had trouble getting into the main site earlier as well, and the forum is on a different server which is why one works, when the other doesn't.

Everything seems to be okay right now. :D

majortrip
October 6th, 2005, 08:13 AM
I just read from a forum member on the JF thread that if you have Earthlink or Roadrunner you will have problems accessing the GW site. I have Roadrunner, and I haven't been able to access this site for 2 days. I link directly to the forum homepage. I also cannot access Photobucket, nor can I see any pics posted in the threads. All I see are red X's or nothing at all where I know a pic has been posted. Something about a power struggle. I PM'd the poster to ask where she read about it, but she's offline now. I'm mad.:(