This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator nomination?

I realize you may not be hiring for a moderator right now but I'd like to nominate Qasim as a moderator if only for the Star Trek forum.
    Last edited by babaganoosh; 05 October 2005, 09:16 AM.

Originally posted by babaganoosh
    I realize you may not be hiring for a moderator right now but I'd like to nominate Qasim as a moderator if only for the Star Trek forum.
    Darren is one who will ultimately decide if a new moderator is needed here at GateWorld. And once Darren decides a new moderator is necessary, there is a long list of qualifications required to become a moderator. Simply nominating someone for moderator usually doesn't work in almost all circumstances. More than likely, all the other Mods will disucss a candidate thoroughly amongst themselves, and then bring the candidate(s) to Darren, who will then make the final decision. (I know this process well, because I've been elected as a Mod on another Forum. And that's what i went through to get my Moderatorship).

Comment

*bows in humble reverance*

Thank you. It was just me wanting to give Q some props.

Comment

TW, yes of course it will be current staffs decision. But in my opinion this sort of topic is always nice to say 'well done qasim' etc. Also it could be interesting for current staff to hear what the members feel about potential new staffers.

Comment

Granted, i don't know Qasim too well, i don't mean to insult anyone in anyway. I don't hang around the Star Trek forum. But if Qasim does deserve recognition then he/she certainly deserves it.
          Last edited by TechnoWraith; 05 October 2005, 09:19 AM. Reason: Never ask a Wraith to feed your hamster.

Comment

Lol yeah, I'm not in the trek forum either. Though with this nomination he's gotta be doing soething right

Comment

the new mod procedures are

When/if darren decides that he wants more mods, he asks the existing ones if we have any suggestions (or any 'don't you DARE' since we will be working with this person/people)

he will then do his thing, see if he agrees with us and make a choice

There's been no talk lately about adding mods so i wouldn't hold my breath
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*bows in humble reverance*

Thank you. It was just me wanting to give Q some props.
                I have absolutely no interest in becoming a mod
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  I knew it...

fine

Just kidding with you. Just trying to make you feel better about the board. I think you'd make an excellent moderator, though.

Comment

I think the modding staff here are top notch, and I don't think we need anymore
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      Smart man. 8)
                      sigpic

Comment

It's great to give props to other members, but we don't take nominations for moderators.

Thanks!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                        X