Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think this season was comprimise by 2 shows running at the same time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think this season was comprimise by 2 shows running at the same time?

Do you gaters think stargate atlantis quality has been comprimise by 2 shows running at the same time? Joe said that he only has days to write scripts now, instead of weeks and sometimes once. And you have the poaching of time for joe to oversea atlantis and sg1. Do you guys think its the star trek symdrome.

Not so much.

I have really enjoyed the second season of SGA and have not noticed a lack of quality in the show. It's a bit harder to judge this season of SG-1 because of the changes in dynamic with so many new characters. It is almost a spin-off in and of itself, and I think of it as a new beginning for the show...and new beginnings can sometimes be iffy....but for all the changes, I still enjoy SG-1 and look forward to see how this season ends and more so, how the next season continues once we are more familiar with the new characters.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm
      Not so much.

I have really enjoyed the second season of SGA and have not noticed a lack of quality in the show. It's a bit harder to judge this season of SG-1 because of the changes in dynamic with so many new characters. It is almost a spin-off in and of itself, and I think of it as a new beginning for the show...and new beginnings can sometimes be iffy....but for all the changes, I still enjoy SG-1 and look forward to see how this season ends and more so, how the next season continues once we are more familiar with the new characters.
      Overall, I've been pretty happy with this season of Atlantis. The one thing that I would improve would be the character development and switching from the Shep/McKay show to a more ensemble feeling. Still, that sort of thing comes with time, and all of the characters have gotten some fantastic bits so far. As far as Sg-1 goes, the show is soooo different this season that it is hard for me to even consider it the same program. The cast and crew dynamic feels much different this year, so I think we have to give that time to develop and find its feet as well.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I've enjoyed both the first and second season of SGA so I'm inclined to say no, I don't think there's been a problem with 2 shows in production at once. I like getting new SG1's and SGA's!

Comment

Alot of tPTB are quite busy but when it comes to writers Atlantis has 2 new(-ish) writers, Carl Binder and Martin Gero who almost never write for SG-1 (in total they wrote an episode each).

Joe wrote one episdoe this year, so did Damian Kindler and RCC did 1 and a bit. There was also some new writers for "Instinct". So I don't think the writers are too stretched
          sigpic

Comment

No - there arent a lack of PTB
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I can only speak for SGA as I haven't been able to catch all of SG-1 this season yet. Atlantis is really kicking ass this year. I thought season 1 was the most awesome a show could get but was proved wrong by season 2. We have begun to have some of our questions from the first season beginning to be answered plus new questions to ponder. Character growth is great. While I'd like to see more of the city itself, I am willing to give them time as they only get 20 shows a season.

One of my biggest opinions when it comes to the sci-fi world is being put down by reviewers and others who don't really understand the shows but have the ear of many people. I think this is something that will forever haunt science fiction.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

... What?

Atlantis is lacking?

I see nothing wrong with it!

It's great!

... It's SG-1 that's lacking

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                  Do you gaters think stargate atlantis quality has been comprimise by 2 shows running at the same time? Joe said that he only has days to write scripts now, instead of weeks and sometimes once. And you have the poaching of time for joe to oversea atlantis and sg1. Do you guys think its the star trek symdrome.
                  didn't notice. If anything they are getting better . maybe joe needs more pressure to write better episodes

Comment

Honestly I think its gone down a bit. Maybe I didnt stated my question right. The quality is good but not up to standards I think it could be. Like the mid season ender, it could have been better. But it felt contrite, and it felt like they were forcing a mid season ender. It had nothing of the shocking moments that the seige part 1 had. It could be that scifi cut backs are effecting atlantis quality, but do you think if they cut stargate sg1, more money could be shifted towards stargate atlantis.

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                    didn't notice. If anything they are getting better . maybe joe needs more pressure to write better episodes

Comment

Honestly I think its gone down a bit. Maybe I didnt stated my question right. The quality is good but not up to standards I think it could be. Like the mid season ender, it could have been better. But it felt contrite, and it felt like they were forcing a mid season ender. It had nothing of the shocking moments that the seige part 1 had.
                      'The Lost Boys' is comporable to 'The Storm', not 'The Seige, Part II'. 'The Storm' was also a slow build up to a cliffhanger which suddenly left our heros in mortal peril. TLB did much the same.

It could be that scifi cut backs are effecting atlantis quality, but do you think if they cut stargate sg1, more money could be shifted towards stargate atlantis.
                      What cut backs would those be? Nothing has ever been said about cut backs on either show, as far as I know.

But, if SG-1 is cancelled, SGA will need more money to make up for the loss of shared resources that it gets from two concurrent shows. However, I find it doubtful that SciFI would do that, as SG-1's budget would most likely be used to create and fund an entirely new show.

I'm finding season two to be better than season one. The show has found it's feet, the characters have really grown into their roles, and the story is moving at a brisk pace. I'm looking forward to what the back half has in store for us.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                      X