Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finnish "Star Trek" spoof prospers on Internet

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051005/...t_starwreck_dc

A Finnish spoof of the sci-fi classic "Star Trek" has boldly gone where no feature film has gone before, relying on free distribution over the Internet to reach more than 450,000 viewers in less than a week.

"Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning" is a full-length feature in Finnish with English subtitles. It was made over seven years by a group of students and other amateur film makers with a bare-bones budget and a few home computers to create elaborate special effects.

"We took a conscious decision not to go to the theatres as the movie was done mostly on a voluntary basis," said Timo Vuorensola, who directed the film. "Through the Internet and DVD it will probably get the widest possible viewership. We are hoping to reach one million downloads by the end of the year."
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

ive heard about this one of the ppl involved is a me,mber of another forum i go to

Comment

I saw this one myself. I was tempted to download it but that's a lot of time out of my wasted life. But if someone with more patience wants to give me the gist...

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Back at home downloading now
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Working...
        X