Futura
October 5th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Here is the SG-3 talk area.
(Not for missions)

Futura
October 5th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Hey Somnium,
I'm apart of your team SG-3

Just gotta find a way for me to start RP. I would like to join you guys on the mission if u can find a way for me to come into it.
My rank is Captain.

Proxy
October 5th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Oh for further information do not start threads.
Myself and Colonel Sharp are the only ones who are allowed to start threads.
Its a way of control if you understand.

Futura
October 6th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I was thinking off maybe coming through the gate, with another unit has 'backup'

Somnium
October 6th, 2005, 01:17 PM
You can be which ever but you need to choose quick as were gonna be rescuing some one very soon. If I dont hear from you Ill go with the coming thru the gate with another team senario.

Futura
October 11th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Hey, are we getting some new members for SG-3?

Somnium
October 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I hope so :D But no one else has joined lately. We originally had a full team but Jynjyr(Tyler) and Sobek(Harders) transfered to SG6 because Macri who used to be the in command didnt have time to play because he was too busy. Then I got put in command wich is where we're trying to get to at the moment. I need to do something worthy of promotion!!!

Somnium
October 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I think we have ourselves another team member, Yeay!:D Just sorting it out now.

ShelBel
October 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Looks like I'm in, guys. Now to wait for the opportunity to actually join up with ya'll... ;) Jaime's info is up in the Biographies, and I've posted a "killing time" opener in "Quarters". Lets get it started, yeah! :D

Somnium
October 13th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Yeay! New team member:D Welcome to SG3 ShelBel. We will be back from our mission shortly, so have a think about ideas for our next adventure. We can stay on base for a while and catch up with each other first though.

Futura
October 13th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Nice mission so far, umm a few questions tho, what type of team are we, Exploration? Marines? Search and Rescue?

Jynjyr
October 14th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Nice mission so far, umm a few questions tho, what type of team are we, Exploration? Marines? Search and Rescue?
Pssst. It's C-A-P-T-A-I-N. Check the spelling in your sig.
SG-3 ans SG-6 are marine units. Mostly. :)

GO NAVY! :D (Tyler)

Futura
October 14th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up. So how many members do we (SG-3) have now?

ShelBel
October 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Lt.Col 'H' Harvey (Somnium)
Captain David "Eagle" McCoy (Futura)
Jaime Taylor (ShelBel)

Is Tyler (Jynjyr) part of SG3? I'm a bit confused on that point....

Somnium
October 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Jynjyr is currently RPing as Tony Merrin a stand in member of SG3 (we were running a little low on members) as well as her own Character Kym Tyler. We were talking about keeping him around, Im not sure if Jynjyr ever found out about keeping him.... Jynjyr??

Futura
October 15th, 2005, 06:34 PM
So at the moment i'm second in command of SG-3?

What if Tyler become apart of SG-3?

ShelBel
October 15th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I guess it really depends on Jynjyr, either way.

Futura
October 15th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah i know its up to Jynjyr, either way.

Jynjyr
October 16th, 2005, 04:28 AM
So at the moment i'm second in command of SG-3?

What if Tyler become apart of SG-3?
*eavesdropping on SG-3* :D

You'll still be 2IC.
Tyler is the oldest 1st Lieutenant in the service. She's been a Lt. for 8 years.
*pokes Col Sharp with a stick* I was supposed to be a Captain on SG-6. I gave up reminding him after the 8th or 10th PM. :( C'est la vie.

Futura
October 16th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Aww poor you,

Jynjyr
October 16th, 2005, 07:56 AM
No problema. Now Tyler can be borderline insubordinate, and surly and not regulation. :D

ShelBel
October 16th, 2005, 11:07 AM
No problema. Now Tyler can be borderline insubordinate, and surly and not regulation. :D

Heh heh! Sounds like my kinda gal. ;)

Somnium
October 21st, 2005, 01:59 PM
Shelbel - SG3 are now back on base so you could find some way to interact with us before you officially get posted to the team. Ill be in the Infirmary bieng patched up if you wanna pop by :D

ShelBel
October 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
I'll see what I can do. ;)

Somnium
November 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I think its time to start planning another mission :D So any ideas Boys and Girls???

ShelBel
November 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Do we have a definitive team yet? It sounded like Col. Sharp was asking for PMs from the team leaders... I think there was talk of consolidating teams due to non-particpants and that sort of thing.

Somnium
November 7th, 2005, 11:21 PM
He wanted C/Os to give him details of missions so far, that was all. No info on merging teams yet.

Futura
November 12th, 2005, 10:56 PM
So team members whats our next mission going to be?, I wanna get started on ideas so we can kinda plan it sorta.

Jynjyr
November 13th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Somnium - I'm going to PM you an idea / plot for a mission.

Somnium
November 13th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Hey Jynjyr does this mean your back on SG3:D

Somnium
November 13th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Ok just found this posted in the 'Player List' thread so must be official now :D

SG3 - FULL

Somnium: Hannah 'H' Harvey. Position: SG3 CO. Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
Futura: David 'Eagle' McCoy. Position: SG3. Rank: Captain
ShelBel: Jamie Taylor. Position: SG3. Rank: (Unknown)
Ascended_Elite_mercenary: Issac Matthews. Rank: 1st Lieutenant
Jynjyr: K'ma Tyler. Rank: 1st Lieutenant

Yeay were a full team :D Time to edit my sig ...

Onwards and upwards ..... anyone for a mission? (preferably no injuries and no one going MIA this time tho)

Jynjyr
November 13th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Hey Jynjyr does this mean your back on SG3:D
Yepper. :D Transfer approved.
Check your PM.

ShelBel
November 13th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I'd love for a mission, but I think we can't do anything too strenuous yet, since almost half of our team is sort of injured and still recouperating.

Is Gaia operating kind of like SGC? Are we just randomly dialing addresses and sending out MALPs to see whats out there? Maybe one of them can "discover" something that requires translation/exploration (i.e. an Ancient abandoned/ruined outpost) and we can check it out?

I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there... :D

Futura
November 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Its good to throw out ideas, i'm ready for a mission what about you guys and girls, cause i'm bored lol.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 16th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Sweet!!. ok then SG-3. here i come. and i wont stuff up like last time. ehh :o

Btw, so harvey your the leader. and also guys what about rag'nor and macri?
wow so much going on, if i get left behind then can someone take over so i dont stuff up like last time.

Futura
November 16th, 2005, 06:00 AM
To clear things up (i hope) the clear chain of command for SG-3

1- Lt Col: Harvey
2- Capt: McCoy (I think)
3- Capt: Tyler
4- 1st Lt: Matthews
5- Taylor.

ShelBel
November 16th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Hey McCoy, you gonna join us in the Lounge, or should we start without you? :D

Somnium
November 16th, 2005, 01:47 PM
To clear things up (i hope) the clear chain of command for SG-3

1- Lt Col: Harvey
2- Capt: McCoy (I think)
3- Capt: Tyler
4- 1st Lt: Matthews
5- Taylor.

This sounds about right but will know for definate once I have been briefed by the General.

Futura
November 16th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Start without me, i'll join soon.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 17th, 2005, 06:29 PM
ahhhh, did kym get promoted aka: Jynjyr get promoted to captain? if so then congradulations

btw can we think up some mission ideas, cause i have some ideas, how to save rag'nor, unless were not using them anymore....

Oh and i was wondering how you get those big images of made up stuff EG:futura your picture of sheppard and the slogan, "they fight to survive"

ShelBel
November 17th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Spit 'em out, AEM. We'll take anything we can get for inspiration at the moment! :D

Futura
November 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM
AEM, I made that image, in a program called Fireworks.

Somnium
November 18th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Right guys Im afraid Im not gonna be here for the best part of the weekend. Will try to check in but cant make a promise. Throw out some ideas for missions and Ill take a look when I get back :D

Jynjyr
November 18th, 2005, 08:15 AM
ahhhh, did kym get promoted aka: Jynjyr get promoted to captain? if so then congradulations

btw can we think up some mission ideas, cause i have some ideas, how to save rag'nor, unless were not using them anymore....

Oh and i was wondering how you get those big images of made up stuff EG:futura your picture of sheppard and the slogan, "they fight to survive"
Yes! :D Tyler finally got promoted. I'm assuming Blue is letting Harvey know all this fun stuff before it becomes "official".

Throw out ideas. The more the merrier.

I can make you a signature pic if you'd like. Its fun doing stuff like that. Right now, I've got 5 or 6 in rotation. What would you like yours to show? I can put pictures, text, backgrounds. (I really, really like Photoshop. :D ) I've got all the DVD's and can cap any scene from SG-1. Not Atlantis, though I can find images from that.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 21st, 2005, 07:02 PM
hey jynjyr yeah it would be great if you could make me one, maybe with some young looking army dude, and some awesome back ground saying "SG-3 Born and proud or something. im not sure.

but for mission ideas, i was thinkign that SG-3 could borrow some asgard teleportin devices and teleport on the ship, or have some help from the free jaffa.

ShelBel
November 22nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
I'm wondering what the timeline is on the "official" team reshuffling/confirmation, and how we're going to somehow sneak Jaime- a civilian- onto a team of Marines? :D

My one thought was regarding the new ship that SG7 brought in... I was thinking that Jaime could somehow be involved with getting that to "talk" to the base computers, thus revealing her growing ability to read/translate Ancient (thank you Daniel and Sam! :D).

Maybe also reveal that she has the ATA gene but didn't know it? (We could say she snuck past the screenings because she was a civilian and not originally going to be stationed on Gaia but sort of got stuck here when Earth was destroyed.)

Then perhaps we could use the "new" ship to do…something (AEM suggested rescuing Rag’nor, but considering that we just wrapped up a supremely unsuccessful rescue attempt, maybe we should hold off on the rescuing stuff for a bit). How much of Gaia has been officially mapped? Perhaps we could go off on a milk run and discover some ruins or something, maybe find some artifacts/items.

I’m just throwing ideas out there. :)

Futura
November 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
Sounds cooool

Somnium
November 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Ok am Just waiting for Gen Blue to finnish off our meeting and confirm everything ie promotions and team set up. Hopefully he will give us a direction for our next mission and we can take it from there. Not sure about the rescue thing tho for same reason as ShelBel gave. Like the idea of planet recce altho I expect that was done before the alpha site came about! Jynjyr has PM'd me with quite a good idea that we could work around, but keep throwing out ideas we will have more missions so we can allways use ideas/stories :D

ShelBel
November 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Well, maybe we KNOW there are some "points of interest" on the planet, but haven't yet had a chance to explore them?

Never mind me, I'm just getting impatient. :D And because of the holiday I doubt anything will get going this week... *cries* Like I said, never mind me, I'm just feeling impatient.

Jynjyr
November 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
hey jynjyr yeah it would be great if you could make me one, maybe with some young looking army dude, and some awesome back ground saying "SG-3 Born and proud or something. im not sure.

but for mission ideas, i was thinkign that SG-3 could borrow some asgard teleportin devices and teleport on the ship, or have some help from the free jaffa.
I didn't have an "army dude" that wasn't RDA. :o These are preliminaries, I'm a little pooped tonight to be very creative. The patches have to be on a white background to show properly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/sig-4sm.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/sig-6sm.jpg

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 22nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
yeah, that looks pretty cool, i was thinking about it yesterday when i was at work. maybe Issac Matthews "SAS to SG-3" or "SAS to SGC" like some sort of slogan with it like futura has. what if i find a picture of an army solider to put in, but the symbols and that look pretty cool. Do you have an SAS (Special air service) symbol, its the dagger with the wings comming off it. If you could get it i would be very happy casue it means a lot.

As for the american "semper fidelis" is latin for Always faithful, or something like that, the Austalian slogan is "who dares wins" i wonder what it is in latin

btw, can people sometimes give me some more rep points, casue im kinda that person who likes being high up, or having a good rep. so maybe u guys could satrt giving good rep for good posts or something.

ShelBel
November 22nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
btw, can people sometimes give me some more rep points, casue im kinda that person who likes being high up, or having a good rep. so maybe u guys could satrt giving good rep for good posts or something.

As far as I know the rep system is broken at the moment. No ones getting anything. *sigh*

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 22nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
awwww bugga. oh well, just wated to be formmaly reckonnised by the system lords.

Jynjyr
November 23rd, 2005, 02:39 AM
yeah, that looks pretty cool, i was thinking about it yesterday when i was at work. maybe Issac Matthews "SAS to SG-3" or "SAS to SGC" like some sort of slogan with it like futura has. what if i find a picture of an army solider to put in, but the symbols and that look pretty cool. Do you have an SAS (Special air service) symbol, its the dagger with the wings comming off it. If you could get it i would be very happy casue it means a lot.

As for the american "semper fidelis" is latin for Always faithful, or something like that, the Austalian slogan is "who dares wins" i wonder what it is in latin

I thought Matthews was a US Marine? That's why Semper Fidelis. "Semper Fi" is the Marine Corps motto. I can't find Matthew's biography. Did you post one in the Bio thread?
I'm sure I can find an image for SAS. I'll have to look this weekend.
You have to tell me the slogan you want. :D I'm not good with those. The ones in my sig are :o from buttons I've seen at cons.

I'll give anyone rep points for every post where capitalization, spelling and punctuation are mostly correct to common usage. "I" is always capitalized, sentences start with capitals. (Sorry, it's a writer's pet peeve.)

ShelBel
November 23rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ooo yay! Gen. Blue has now said he wants Jaime on SG-3! *dances* Sorry, I'm excited. Like I said- impatient. (Actually, I wouldn't say impatient, I've been very patient, I just want things to MOVE again! :D)

Everyone have a fabulous holiday (for those who celebrate Thanksgiving)! *bops around the room* ;)

Futura
November 24th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Its okay to be happy *does his happy dance*, lol, I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

Somnium
November 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Okay so am going to have to brief each of you individually about the new team, and then thought we could have a team meeting to discuss our next mission officially. So two things 1. where can I find everyone and 2. any ideas on repairing those of us who are broken! The quicker where mended the quicker we can go travelling :D

Also Im not going to be here Friday evening and most of Saturday (possibly Sunday too depending on how tests go!) so if Im a little quiet thats why ;)

Futura
November 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
You can find me on *msn* (if i'm allowed to say that word), same address given in my profile.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
hey jynjyr, yeah i did have a bio, but blue, or proxy didnt put it on and i think they lost it. ill try to find it, but yeah, Matthews is an aussie and he was recomended that he join SGC because of an outstanding service record. He also met a woman and traveled to america to get married and join the marines in the sgc but he did some training on the alpha site and then he found the earth blew up. lol

ill try and dig a bio up. BTW i believe my posts always make sense and are grammar correct, Most of the time.

Somnium
November 26th, 2005, 10:29 AM
^ You should really take a second look at what you typed! Me Im useless at spelling and the like, so no hope there.

Jynjyr
November 26th, 2005, 03:35 PM
hey jynjyr, yeah i did have a bio, but blue, or proxy didnt put it on and i think they lost it. ill try to find it, but yeah, Matthews is an aussie and he was recomended that he join SGC because of an outstanding service record. He also met a woman and traveled to america to get married and join the marines in the sgc but he did some training on the alpha site and then he found the earth blew up. lol

ill try and dig a bio up. btw i belive my posts always make sense and are grammer correct, Most of the time.
Ah, if you notice I never said anything about grammar. I said capitalization, spelling and punctuation.

**I'll try and dig a bio up. BTW, I believe my posts always make sense and are grammar correct. Most of the time.**

Somnium
November 27th, 2005, 04:15 AM
^^^ :) Roflol ^^^

Futura
November 27th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Smarty Pants, I'm glad that wasn't directed at me.

Somnium
November 27th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Jynjyr after seeing the fab work you did for AEM I was wondering if you would make me a shiny new sig? :D I would be forever in your debt :D

Also did you want to post the idea you PMd me for our next mission, we can see what everyone thinks and get an idea together.

Jynjyr
November 27th, 2005, 03:50 PM
AEM - I found your SAS badge and parachute logo. Did you find a pic that you like? I can pick a random guy from Stargate if you'd like.

Somnium - I'll make you one. Give me some ideas of what you'd like. Any particular sayings, or images.

I'll have a chance to play with this now that my 'house project' deadline is gone.

Sorry for the writing critique. *shrugs* I'm a reader and writer. Words have a dignity and beauty and IMHO deserve to be treated with respect. *steps off the soapbox*

This is the idea that I PM'd to Somnium.

New mIssion

Still checking out for new Beta-sites. Next planet on the list has EM traces on the MALP recon.
Gate thru, follow the EM track. Yeah, a day or so walk toward the ocean. A few hours walk?
Fa├žade carved into the cliff face. Think Petra. Someone can read (kinda) what’s carved over the door. Not sure what language. “Place of Probabilities”

Go in. Something interferes / sucks up the power in everything as long as in the cave-building.

What you’ve got is 28 (one for each hour of the day) Quantum Mirrors arranged around the circular chamber. (There But for the Grace of God, Point of View).

It’s up to you if someone comes thru one of the Mirrors.

This is / was a premise for a fic that I’m kinda, sorta, maybe working on. Only mine has SG-1 and, on the Alternate Earth from which they meet people, the Phoenix Foundation runs “Project Doorway.” I love having Jack meet Mac. :)

ShelBel
November 28th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Ah, if you notice I never said anything about grammar. I said capitalization, spelling and punctuation.

**I'll try and dig a bio up. BTW, I believe my posts always make sense and are grammar correct. Most of the time.**

*gives Jynjyr the big fat red marker award* ;)

Futura
November 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
So, whats our nexted mission?

Jynjyr
November 28th, 2005, 04:26 PM
How about these, folks? Let me know what you'd like changed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/sig-4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/sig-6.jpg

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 29th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Jynjyr, that is so cool, but can i ask u to change 1 little thing? could you put, SAS to SG-3? that would just finish it off nicely

if you cant then dont worry.

Jynjyr
November 29th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Jynjyr, that is so cool, but can i ask u to change 1 little thing? could you put, SAS to SG-3? that would just finish it off nicely

if you cant then dont worry.
No problem. Do you want that in addition to the 'Who Dares Wins"? Colors OK?

How about you, Somnium? Any changes, additions, corrections?

edit to add - check the previous post again. Revised pic.

Somnium
November 29th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Jynjyr its great, thankyou your a star :D Green coming your way :D When it will let me!

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, that is simply awesome, and i cant wait to have it on my own account, and i am really puzzled as to how i do get it on my account. oh and apparently the rep system is working again as of yesterday.

Im still looking for a good solider looking guy to reprisent me, but if you have found one, dont be shy to show me, this is sooo coool. lol. oh and is there any way to find a link to my Bio?

Jynjyr
November 29th, 2005, 05:37 PM
If you don't have a host for the picture, you can leave it in my Photobucket and call it from there.
put this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/sig-4.jpg

For the link to your bio -

click for biography (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4694991&postcount=56)

I can't make the text stand alone. Hit where it says 'quote' in the lower right corner. Copy and paste the line that starts with [IMG] and the line that starts with [URL=http ...] into your signature.
You can put other lines of text above or below these.

ShelBel
November 30th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Excellent, Jynjyr. I was just about to suggest that everyone put links to their bios in the sigs, if possible. Sometimes its nice as a refresher. ;) I'd be glad to help with the code for anyone who needs/wants the help.

Also... I'd be willing to make sigs too. ;)

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Ohhhh yeah, check that out!! that is soooooo coool. lol yeah anyway ill keep trying to find a soldier type person, but if i cant ill go with any of yours jynjyr, and to answer shebel yes its good to check to refresh what everyones history is.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
December 1st, 2005, 05:25 AM
Oh just off topic abit, but who does the promotions and what qualifies to get promoted? and can we start to keep the rep points comming in cheers for u jynjyr for some rep, i mean we dont just give rep for anything, but i mean particulary rousing speaches and soulful messages can earn rep?

Oh and i propose that Teams 3 and 6 do a combined mission, or prehaps the new recruits of the SG-6 can be trained by SG-3 and show them the ropes in a routine traning mission, until it gets real.... *Sinister music* ((OOC DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMMM lol ahem))

Jynjyr
December 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
It was Sharp and Proxy doing promotions. Now I guess it's just Sharp. I know he was the one I was talking to about getting Kym a rank that matched her age and length of service.

As for the mission - check out the Control Room Thread. :D

ShelBel
December 1st, 2005, 09:25 AM
As for the mission - check out the Control Room Thread. :D

Heh heh heh... I'm starting to get the impression that Jaime's "training" is going to be of the on-the-job variety. :P

Jynjyr
December 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Are we going out with SG-6? *looks hopeful* Of course, we'll have to get mobile first.

Somnium
December 3rd, 2005, 04:17 PM
Excellent, Jynjyr. I was just about to suggest that everyone put links to their bios in the sigs, if possible. Sometimes its nice as a refresher. ;) I'd be glad to help with the code for anyone who needs/wants the help.

Also... I'd be willing to make sigs too. ;)

ShelBel Would love to see what Sig you can come up with for Harvey, am after several to use as rotating images :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
December 3rd, 2005, 11:09 PM
I was just wondering how long you guys were going to let your characters stay in a wheel chair?

Jynjyr
December 4th, 2005, 04:15 AM
In RPG-time, it's only been a little over 24 hours. Without a Tok'ra on base, we didn't have much choice. Captain Stevens' arrival was good luck for us.

Somnium
December 4th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Working on the getting out of the wheel chair thing as we speak :D Sorry its been a little slow this week, am hoping we can speed up a little once were all fixed:D. AEM if you want to go on the joint mission to rescue SG1 then thats fine by me (take a look at Infimary thread) but were gonna be underway with our next mission pretty soon, so it'll need to be quick if you wanna join us.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
December 6th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Ok, yeah, i have posted in the infirmary, and i will take the mission. Umm prehaps you could take Shelbel on a mission, and sow her the ropes, i dont mind if i miss a mission but i would like to be apart of it if i make it back in time. oh yeah if any rescue attempt has to be made to rescue SG-5 6 and what ever other team is out, i hope it is 3.

Oh, also i was thinking that i know almost nothing of what the other teams have done so i was thinking that blue should make a thread that shows that happend on a mission and that people know that a strange gould device was found, or i *think* Sg-7 found a ancient ship. so maybe there could be a (Mission items or something? yeah just a thought.

Gen Blue
December 6th, 2005, 02:34 AM
look here - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19614
It's best if you read the mission threads as they develop. Although, it is kind of like watching 4 or 5 episodes on different TV's at the same time. :D

Yes, I'm eavesdropping again. :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
December 7th, 2005, 11:52 PM
yeah, ok thats good, but i was hoping that you could make a page like the player lists so that, if i say, somone needs to be healed then, we know that the hand device can do that, or say that some goul'd show up, then we could suspect the jaffa with the lighting symbol.

just suggesting btw.

Somnium
January 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Just to let you know that Gen Blue has ordered SG3 to defend the Hanger Bay and we get to play any NPC who also happen to be on the defense, so get geared up and Ill see ya there.

Jynjyr
January 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM
Holy Buckets!!
I go out for the evening and come back to a TON of posts. Woo - hoo.

ShelBel
January 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
Just to let you know that Gen Blue has ordered SG3 to defend the Hanger Bay and we get to play any NPC who also happen to be on the defense, so get geared up and Ill see ya there.

I tried to catch H before she got to the hangar bay, Somnium. Guess I missed ya... :S

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 4th, 2006, 01:52 AM
So, to defend the hanger bay, that is our new mission? or is it something else that were doing to continue the story.

Jynjyr
January 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I do believe that, whatever our mission was supposed to be, the mission now is the Hangar Bay.

Sneaky people (BLUE & SHARP :) ) let us continue with mission prep and all the while they were going to "BAM"! us.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM
So, does Futura aka, Mccoy have a squad of NPC's and you too Jynjyr do you have a squad laying mines, becasue im just a little confused as to whats actually happeing. and is SG-2 in the sky, in F-302's and we have SG-6 with us? just asking questions.

Futura
January 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
i do have a squad of guys and there heading back to the hanger bay, through tunnels under the runway :D, should be there soon.

Jynjyr
January 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM
So, does Futura aka, Mccoy have a squad of NPC's and you too Jynjyr do you have a squad laying mines, becasue im just a little confused as to whats actually happeing. and is SG-2 in the sky, in F-302's and we have SG-6 with us? just asking questions.
Tyler(Jynjyr) has squads on the approach to the hangar bay, mines are laid and some fired already.
McCoy(Futura) is coming to reinforce us.
Harvey(Somnium) has a couple of new energy-based rifle weapons that she's being briefed on (in the Hangar Bay).
Most of the regular characters, if they aren't pilots, are in the hangar bay. Whatever team they're on.
The battle of the gateroom is over. It's secure and non-combatants are cleaning up.

None of the "SG-? Mission" Threads are being used. We're all posting in the threads from the base areas.

It's little tough to try to follow everything. The Hangar Bay is SG-3's primary action location.
Does that help? Here's the link to a summary. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4791379&postcount=1225

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 13th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Yes that helps out a lot thanks for that. Now, this new Goul'd guy you've picked up jynjyr, whats the story with him, and Futura, i will be in your marine team, just trying to fit in to the story. please include me.

Futura
January 13th, 2006, 02:24 AM
done and done, the captured Jaffa is Jynyir's 'new friend' but i though he/she was going to kill her and her friend spook so i shot him. lol. i never get to exciting stuff until now.

Jynjyr
January 13th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Gaius Justinius is a Legionnaire (Jaffa) of Zeus. It seems that there were lesser Lords that were Roman deities. Their Jaffa are being referred to as Legions. I'm thinking they look like Roman Legions. They too, have an underground group like the Free Jaffa. Gaius is one of them.
He spotted Kym in the woods before their attack and didn't raise an alarm. Instead he winked and looked away. He kept the Spook, our spy in the woods, as safe as he could. When Kym attacked him and then passed out, he could have killed her and didn't.

Somnium
January 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I wont be about for next few days as Im away with my cadets will try to get back on asap, but may not be till tue now, so dont hang around for me just RP Harvey in my abscense but please be nice to her and remember she's a Colonel! I can always get my revenge when I return if you dont behave mwahaha!!!

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, im assuming that the Leigion jaffa have, shorter staff weapons to be used in 1 hand, aswell as sheilds for themselves, eg: small yellow ones on their arms.

Also. i posted a way to keep the story going, can we put together some ideas to improve it, im kinda heading in the direction of jynjyrs direction with that giaus guy, also these gou'ld have a certain mysterious link with poeple with an ancient gene..... hmmmmmm Tcue twilight zone music,

Somnium
January 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I know its only been 2/3 days but Im a bit short on time so can someone bring me up to speed with whats happening???

Jynjyr
January 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM
OK. *takes a deep breath*
Orbit - 1 Al'kesh destroyed, 1 Hatak destroyed, 1 Hatak turned tail and ran.
Hangar Bay - Jen Stevens pulled off her "Nemesis" act and got Marcus Aurelius and the rest to surrender. BTW - McCoy and Matthews went to find a crashed F-302, Jim Anderson. He was rescued before McCoy could get there. On the way back he found Tyler & Spook and Gaius, a Free Roman. They're on their way back now.
Control Room - Blue collapsed and is unconscious in the Infirmary. (He's on LOA for 2 weeks)
Brig - Marcus Aurelius and Petronius are languishing in cells, waiting to be questioned.

In effect, the war is over. We won! Colonel Sharp just landed at the Hangar Bay and want's a situation report.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM
yeah that sums it up, however, is gauis going to be a npc or a full time characte runder your control jynjyr?

Jynjyr
January 16th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I don't think I'll be allowed to have 2 full time characters. I wouldn't be able to run 2 full-time characters. I'd go nuts trying to switch mindsets all the time.
Gaius will be wandering off to spread the word to the rest of the Romans.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 16th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah sounds pretty fair. oh yeah i was wondering how does somone get promoted? im was just thiniing that Shelbel should have a military rank, and i have been a lieutenant for quite some time.

Futura
January 17th, 2006, 12:49 AM
dont forget me, i should be a major. but all's fair in love and war (hahaha) sowie. Just in a happy mood, my character is getting the s*** beat out of him, lol.

ShelBel
January 17th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Yeah sounds pretty fair. oh yeah i was wondering how does somone get promoted? im was just thiniing that Shelbel should have a military rank, and i have been a lieutenant for quite some time.

How can I have a rank if I'm not *in* the military? My position at the beta site is essentially the computer geek version of Daniel Jackson. He's been on SG-1 since the get-go and doesn't have/need a rank. I don't think its neccessary for Jaime to have a rank at all.

Somnium
January 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Ranks are at the discretion of Col.Sharp and Gen.Blue and we cant have too many promotions as there is no one to fill the shoes of the lower ranks, that and in RL promotion is every so many years and dependant on your skills and experiances.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 18th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Im aware that jamie is a civilian. but prehaps you shoudl get a rank. or is civilian a rank?

ShelBel
January 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Hey guys- whoever's hanging out in the Hangar Bay, I need a couple of people to go on a (doomed) search & rescue mission with Jaime and Dr. Lucius. (2nd Lt. Harry Martin went and got himself killed on the wreck of the Alarius, but we don't know he's dead yet.) If I don't get an answer out of anyone by morning (it's midnight my time right now) I'll throw a couple of NPCs in. I wanted to give you guys (SG3) first shot in case anyone was interested.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 20th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah, ill come. my character is sleepin, come and wake his ass up!.

Jynjyr
January 20th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Kym's getting her own injuries tended to right now. Walking 5 klicks to the Alarius wreck isn't in her immediate future.

BTW - Civilian is a rank. Kinda. Sorta. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Futura
January 20th, 2006, 02:47 AM
McCoy had his a$$ kicked and isnt in very good health atm.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 20th, 2006, 06:54 PM
yeah im intrested, so i like to come along.

ShelBel
January 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM
You're with us, Matthews. Heading for the Outdoor Docking area. :)

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 21st, 2006, 01:19 AM
soooo weeee tahhhhh. lol ive asked Proxy if i was able to find a device for my character. its a ancient weapon, that i was thinking on letting dean andrews in the armory take a look at it, and making a more "Tau'ri" type of desgin so that an ancient relic doesnt get destroyed in the field. this weapon is for meele combat, and it calls out to Matthews, eg: that is why Matthews is feeling ill.

anyway ive asked proxy so i hope to hear good news.

Gen Blue
January 21st, 2006, 06:46 AM
soooo weeee tahhhhh. lol ive asked Proxy if i was able to find a device for my character. its a ancient weapon, that i was thinking on letting dean andrews in the armory take a look at it, and making a more "Tau'ri" type of desgin so that an ancient relic doesnt get destroyed in the field. this weapon is for meele combat, and it calls out to Matthews, eg: that is why Matthews is feeling ill.

anyway ive asked proxy so i hope to hear good news.
Problem is - Proxy isn't involved any longer. It's Colonel Sharp or I.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 21st, 2006, 07:42 PM
ok, but is it ok, i mean im aloud to go though with it i mean my idea. Its ok with everyone?

ShelBel
January 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I think it would be kind of cool. I don't think we really need to involved Sharp ot Blue in this; its pretty much only impacting our team and not the RP as a whole. You'll have to report it in the inter-team communication thread, eventually.

Also... we don't know if Jaime's got the ATA gene or not; I don't think its unreasonable to assume that perhaps the rod is tuned to certain variances in the genetic make-up, such as similarlities in DNA to the original wielder of the weapon (i.e. you're a descendant of them). If its okay, I'd like to have Jaime slightly affected, but not as much as you. Everyone ok with that?

Gen Blue
January 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
I think it would be kind of cool. I don't think we really need to involved Sharp ot Blue in this; its pretty much only impacting our team and not the RP as a whole. You'll have to report it in the inter-team communication thread, eventually.

Also... we don't know if Jaime's got the ATA gene or not; I don't think its unreasonable to assume that perhaps the rod is tuned to certain variances in the genetic make-up, such as similarlities in DNA to the original wielder of the weapon (i.e. you're a descendant of them). If its okay, I'd like to have Jaime slightly affected, but not as much as you. Everyone ok with that?
Go ahead with AEM's weapon. There is only one and it will only activate for him, please.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 22nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, that brightens up my day. ok cool ill get developing this little story.

ShelBel
January 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Go ahead with AEM's weapon. There is only one and it will only activate for him, please.

No problemo, chief! :)

Gen Blue
January 26th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, that brightens up my day. ok cool ill get developing this little story.
AEM, this is staying a hand-to-hand combat weapon, correct? Can you PM me some details?

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
You got the Pm right?

Futura
January 31st, 2006, 03:40 AM
Anybody know where my character is? I've lost him. lol

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
January 31st, 2006, 03:44 AM
Yeah, your in the infirmamry after you almost coughed up soem bones from being kicked by that jaffa.

Futura
January 31st, 2006, 03:52 AM
cheers, i hadnt been on for a while and posted and i lost him, lol.

Somnium
February 1st, 2006, 03:48 AM
So was thinking we should maybe try and get back on with the mission we were planning, whats everyone think??

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 1st, 2006, 04:09 AM
yeah sure sounds good. I saw the thread before the hangar bay mission occured in general blues office. Wat was ment to happen?

ShelBel
February 1st, 2006, 10:15 AM
I say go for it. Jaime just needs a good nights sleep, and lets face it- no one is going anywhere until Major Beale and his goa'uld are out of the control room and captured (which should be soon, since beale needs to go on LOA).

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 2nd, 2006, 12:46 AM
hey shelbel, u want to have jamie have a look at my ancient weapon, i havent unlocked it yet... so like maybe if i confount beale then i get a chance to use it.

ShelBel
February 2nd, 2006, 05:28 AM
Well, since Jaime really isn't much of a science person, she's more computer-techy, it wouldn't make much sense to have her look at it.

Sorry. :(

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 3rd, 2006, 01:17 AM
oh yeah, damn i forgot about that.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Hey sominum. Ummm I was given to ok to get promoted to captain after our next mission, so Gen Blue asked me to ask you if i can have a special role that puts me in the good books with everyone.

Gen Blue
February 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
I meant as a PM. :rolleyes: So the details could be between you and her alone.

Futura
February 8th, 2006, 04:31 PM
That would be a total of 3 captains in the team then.

(Sorry I havent been on latley busy days at work and school, now that, thats back in for the year.)

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Thats not a bad thing thought right? i mean it cant be bad if 3 captains are on 1 team. just means that we operate more efficently.

Somnium
February 9th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Woah! Three Captains!! You guys are gonna keep me on my toes!!!Just as well Jaime is a Civilian or we'd be over run:D

AEM will keep that in mind for our next mission.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Sweet-ah lol ok, when the mission is up, we can go or it i suppose. :)

Somnium
February 10th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Ok Im either getting old or stupid! Maybe its this damn flu bug I cant shake, but what exactly does the above message say AEM??? None of it makes sense to simple lil me!!!

ShelBel
February 10th, 2006, 05:35 AM
*looks around at three captains and a colonel* I suddenly feel very... small. :lol:

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
ahhh sorry, i was drinking that night. what i ment was that when the mission was ready, and we go on it. and i wil be ready and it will be cool.

so sorry. i was just happy.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
anyway, just to keep the thread going, but when is the mission ready? i mean im patiently waiting.

Gen Blue
February 17th, 2006, 10:23 AM
SOMNIUM - can you assume that the ever efficient Callista answered your e-mail at Blue's direction. You absolutely have a 'GO'.

Futura
February 18th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Some-one summerise our mission to me please, cause i cant find it, lol.

Jynjyr
February 18th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Some-one summerise our mission to me please, cause i cant find it, lol.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4774248&postcount=52
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4782210&postcount=232

It was back quite a ways.

Futura
February 18th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Jynjyr, when do we start?

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 18th, 2006, 07:12 PM
sweet, Im ready when everyone else is. and you still doing the omega futura?

ShelBel
February 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Yay, lets go!

Futura
February 19th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Yea, Elite, I'am still doing stagate omega.

If anybody would like to join in the fun on another stargate rpg. go-to www.stargateomega.com or click my Stargate Omega Moderator banner below in my signature, and click forum link on the main page, if this you first time to the forum you would have to register if you want to join in the fun at Stargate Omega's RPG

Stargate omega RPG has just started so quite a few positions are still available. 'Hope to see you on the other side', lol.

Futura

P.S: I will continue in GateWorlds RPG, as well as Stargate Omega's RPG.

Gen Blue
February 19th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I appears that you're waiting for your CO. Somebody want to give her a poke?

ShelBel
February 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I keep sticking my head in here hoping... haven't seen Somnium in a couple of days. :(

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 19th, 2006, 12:44 PM
yeah, sominum hasnt posted for a while. hmmmm

Jynjyr
February 20th, 2006, 08:09 AM
*heavy sigh* It's Tyler's curse. Every team she joins has the CO fade away. :(

ShelBel
February 20th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Anyone have any luck contacting Somnium? I'm getting antsy...

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 20th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Lol. ansty. yeah i still havent seen anything from Sominum.

Somnium
February 20th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Big Honkin Sorry:S Im here now panic over :D So lets get outta here, be in my office shortly (mission thread;) )

Jynjyr
February 21st, 2006, 02:52 AM
*insert evil laugh* I know where she hides. :D

ShelBel
February 21st, 2006, 05:57 AM
Big Honkin Sorry:S Im here now panic over :D So lets get outta here, be in my office shortly (mission thread;) )

YAY! Let's get crackin'! ;)

Somnium
February 22nd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Just thought Id better let you know that I am gonna be away from Sunday evening till Friday morning, I know you all wanna get the mission under way and Ill do my best to try and get on line some how but I cant make any promises! Any way if any one has a contingency plan please let me know :)

ShelBel
February 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Somnium- maybe we can get going on the mission, you can go do your thing, and we can either a) control Harvey (reasonably) or b) pair Harvey up with someone who may not be on as well, then the remainder of us can go do our thing.

I wouldn't mind taking over for Harvey if needed, if you'll give me some direction before you go.

Somnium
February 23rd, 2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks Shelbel, getting the mission under way is my priority at the mo as I know we have only had one so far and things have been a little slow! Just trying to get Futura/McCoy to join us at the mo and then well be away shortly. You can be in control of Harvey if you need while Im away and can't find a way to get on line. That way if its just one person it shouldnt get too crazy, and Id like her to still be involved in the mission and not hve to take a back seat. That way when I get on/back Im not having to find a way back in.

Jynjyr
February 24th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Here's a thought. Since this is Taylor's first mission, stick by close to Harvey. That way whatever Harvey sees / does can be told from Taylor's POV.

If I remember correctly, this is an UNINHABITED planet? No combat? Against people anyway.

ShelBel
February 24th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Good idea, Jynjyr. Why didn't I think of that? LOL!

Somnium
February 24th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Cool, so we have a contingency plan :D thanks Shel again.

Somnium
February 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Well Im outta here for a few days, sorry we didnt get further in the last few days! Anyway will try to get on line if I can, if not Im back wed eve now:D Shel I leave Harvey in your hands, Happy RPGing Gang :D

ShelBel
February 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM
NP Somnium. See you soon!

Hey guys... any idea as to when we might want to get this going? Since we didn't even get off yet, should we just wait until Somnium gets back?

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
February 26th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Well, maybe we could have a small sub mission before the main one? maybe going to another planet to pick stuff up?

i wanna get started Asap.

Jynjyr
February 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Sorry gang. This turned into a 'writing' weekend. When I got up Saturday morning, I had a ton of story to transcribe. The 'movie' played in my head all night long. I ended up with about 8 pages, which is alot for me for a weekend.
Once again, I apologize. I'll be on in the evening tomorrow. I don't have 'legal' access during working hours.

ShelBel
March 1st, 2006, 11:42 AM
Hey! Anybody here? Where the heck is Futura? I know Jynjyr will be on later tonight... I wanna step thru the event horizon! I've got an inexperienced computer geek, and I'm not afraid to use her! :lol:

Somnium
March 1st, 2006, 01:25 PM
Well Im back :D I take it you guys havent got very far! Shel can you update me on any posts you made RE Harvey, Thanks :D

ShelBel
March 2nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Not much; basically, we geared up and stepped thru the gate this morning. :D Harvey gave McCoy grief for being late (he snuck up behind her and she didn't realize he was there; it was all very good natured) and then made Jaime go thru the Gate first... and let her sit alone on the other side for a few seconds before going thru with the rest of the team.

Thats about it. Futura was a little late to the party so things took longer than I hoped. Ah well... Take over, Colonel, ma'am! :lol:

Somnium
March 2nd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for standing in for me, you did a fab job :D On with the game/show...

Futura
March 2nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
If i dont reply, i would be happy for you guys to play my character. Sorry just very busy now days with work and school, i'll try to get on when free time permitts me to come online and play my charcater.

Thank You.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 3rd, 2006, 02:06 AM
hey jynjyr, that was a good guess, i was going to go with a couple of differtn ones, becasue i started whistling, "I am, you are, we are Australian" which is more, deep i suppose, but everyone knows Waltzing matilda so you get a :bow:

also i could take mccoy if u want Futura?

Jynjyr
March 3rd, 2006, 03:00 AM
"Waltzing Matilda" is the very first thing that comes to mind when I hear 'Australia'. Stereotypical, eh? :)
My 'disturbing' (LOL) sig is changed. They liked it on the RDA Thunk Thread.

Somnium
March 3rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
also i could take mccoy if u want Futura?

Sounds good to me, less confusing then :) I really have an itch to get this going so can you post for him in the mission thread please and we can be on our way :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
No worries, ill take Mccoy on as a character.

Instead of being confusing, ill put a big "MCcoy or Matthews" in front of the box so that people will understand who im playting as at the moment.

Jynjyr
March 5th, 2006, 07:08 AM
When you do McCoy, turn off your signature. It's in 'additional options' right under the window where you type.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM
really? why, hmmm if it bothers, but ok. its just iu thought a massive Matthews or Mccoy would be enough

Jynjyr
March 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Doesn't bother me. Just a suggestion.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 5th, 2006, 08:21 AM
ahh ok ill keep that in mind, anyway, lets give the rp 100%

ShelBel
March 8th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Hey team, I was chatting with several members of SG7 (via the OOC thread) and was wondering if anyone on SG3 has MSN or AIM or Yahoo? I've got all three, so it doesn't matter to me, but perhaps we should see if we can all pow-wow online occasionally.

Just a thought.

Somnium
March 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Fab idea :D I have MSN and Yahoo I think my IDs are listed in my member info if you want them :D

ShelBel
March 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Added ya! Whoo hoo!

Futura
March 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
i have msn, my address is also under my information. Its the same address as my hotmail one provided in my bio.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I have msn

my adress is [email protected]

ShelBel
March 9th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Okay, this is what I've decided for our "short days" on this planet.

One full day/night cycle is 16 hrs 48 mins, which makes a 10 full cycles equal to Gaia's 7 day week.

Futura, you posted a 16 hour shift schedule. Are we watching the camp 16/10? (Man, that sounds weird, lol!) I didn't think this was a permanent camp, just a temp one; I'm assuming we'll be moving on tomorrow.

Is this correct? And do we need to modify the watch schedule accordingly?

Jynjyr
March 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Please ignore the following post. I was going to delete it altogether but, then nothing else would make sense. I like Shel's idea better. *plotting on IM*

Shel, I think the 'Short days' meant 'short day-light'. Kind of like mid-winter in Minnesota and Ohio. 6 hours of light, 20 hours of dark. (Yep, 26 hour day.)
The light / dark disparity would mean that we'd have to be traveling in the dark, for a while at least.

Opinions??

ShelBel
March 9th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Well I kept asking for clarification and no one gave me any, so I made **** up. :D It could be more interesting my way, and wreak havoc with our internal clocks... I guess we can wait for the rest of the team to log on and make their wishes known. *shrug* Whichever works. That's what this thread is for, right? :lol:

Jynjyr
March 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, that could be better. Wouldn't we be a cranky, sleep deprived bunch by the time we get back. *evil laugh*
Even length day / night cycle? Longer days, shorter nights are even more conducive to sleep deprivation. It will also play havoc with our meal schedules. I like it better, now that I think of it.

ShelBel
March 9th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Instead of jet lag, we could have "planetary lag"!

Okay, that was lame. But it amused me! :D

Jynjyr
March 9th, 2006, 12:29 PM
*gives ShelBel a prize*

Click to see what you've won! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/coin%20collection/congrats-08.jpg)

ShelBel
March 9th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yay team me! :lol:

Somnium
March 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Oh! Nice prize Im soooo jelous :D

Love Shels idea of it playing havoc with our sleep and internal clocks! It makes sense that not every planet would have the exact same hours as us which is why I thought to introduce this little plot mwahaha!!! Should add a little twist to the adventure.

Jynjyr
March 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM
We (Shel and I) chatted on IM about times. How about a 4 hour night and a 12 hour day, approximately. (That would be comparable to the normal mid-summer cycle in my area. 18 hours of light, 6 hours of dark. I love summer.)

Somnium
March 9th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Sounds cool, should create a nice twist and enough sleep deprivation to cause a few issues LOL!!!

Jynjyr
March 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Kym, like me, can sleep anywhere, anytime, through almost anything. So, during her 'sleep time' she can sleep. I don't thing anyone is going to get enough 'sleep time' though. We are going to be a :rolleyes: charming team to deal with when we get back. Maybe they should have trank guns waiting for us. :D

When I thought an eight day mission, it was eight 24-hour days. Now it's twelve 16-hour days.

2 meals a day and 4 hours sleep. That's not even a "Convention Schedule". (IE: 2 meals and 5 hrs sleep per day are required to survive a 4 day Con. :) Trust me on this.)

ShelBel - You're the only one close enough. Want to go to a Con on Memorial Day weekend? Lansing, MI.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 9th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Wait, ill fly from Perth in Western Australia, to michigan ok? lol

anyway guys i was wonder what the plan was, is this mission going to be a relaxing misison, or we going to have to use our weapons?

apparently im ment to show that im qualified for promotion, also i was going to unleash Allurai as a weapon soon (this mission) and jynjyr, you get a chance to go with your "Berzerker" thing

Ascended Times.2
March 10th, 2006, 01:00 AM
*Props self up*

Yep, this is going to be one HELL of a mission to look at. :D
Lookin' forward to it.

Jynjyr
March 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
The post I couldn't make this morning when GW tossed me out.
Well, I hope we knew in advance that the days were 16h, 48m long. We've been monitoring the place for a while.

I know there's no intelligent natives but, that doesn't mean there are no 'nasties' lurking about. The non-intelligent kind. Where there are herbivores, there are carnivores. I'm sure we'll have some excitement.

BTW - Kym isn't going to go berserk again. She's going to worry like heck about it though. That's when I'm going to have Allurai step in.

McCoy has to come off watch and Kym has to do her watch before I can come get Matthews. That's the first time Kym is going to touch the rod.

ShelBel
March 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
2 meals a day and 4 hours sleep. That's not even a "Convention Schedule". (IE: 2 meals and 5 hrs sleep per day are required to survive a 4 day Con. :) Trust me on this.)

Been there, done that. You are *so* correct.

ShelBel - You're the only one close enough. Want to go to a Con on Memorial Day weekend? Lansing, MI.

Argh, I doubt I can swing it, we've got choir concerts to sing at and another concert to go see in Minneapolis the week prior. :(

Jynjyr
March 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
It was a thought. Although this isn't specifically a Sci-Fi con, it's fun. http://www.mediawestcon.org/

Jynjyr
March 11th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Happy Birthday, Somnium.

Your gift (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/coin%20collection/coin30.jpg)

Somnium
March 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM
:D Thankies Jynjyr thats an awesome gift :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 13th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Lol a bit late but better late then never. HAPPY BIRTH DAY SOMNIUM

Ps Jynjyr, thanks for the green for that post of mine, i did have to think of some pretty cool stuff. As a writer's point of view, was the whole thing is easy to see in your head?

ShelBel
March 14th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Somnium, I was thinking... I think our power source should be hooked up to some abandoned machinery- think like an old grain mill or something. Built into a cave with running water; during the rainy season (I'm assuming there is one, LOL) the batteries aren't used, but since its summer and dry they're still running the mill.

I'm also thinking it should be low in the ground, with some sort of hopper/bin on top, so that the farm animals (aka our "horses") could pull a cart on top, dump their load of grain, and move on without too much trouble. Maybe on the edge of a large lake or something, set into a cliff?

Again... just thinking out loud.

Somnium
March 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Hmm sounds good but was under the impression we were going with Jynjyrs initial idea of it being one of those (the name slips my mind!) mirrors that allows you to travel to alternate universes? Jynjyr if you still have the initial idea can you post here and we'll see what everyone thinks?

Jynjyr
March 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
(What I originally pitched to Somnium)

Next planet on the list has EM traces on the MALP recon.
Gate thru, follow the EM track. Yeah, a day or so walk toward the ocean.
Façade carved into the cliff face. Think Petra. Someone can read (kinda) what’s carved over the door. Not sure what language. “Place of Probabilities”

Go in. Something interferes / sucks up the power in everything as long as in the cave-building.

What you’ve got is 16 (1 for each hour of the day) Quantum Mirrors arranged around the circular chamber. (There But for the Grace of God, Point of View).

This is / was a premise for a fic that I’m kinda, sorta, maybe working on. Only mine has SG-1 and, on the Alternate Earth from which they meet people, the Phoenix Foundation runs “Project Doorway.” I love having Jack meet Mac.

ShelBel
March 14th, 2006, 09:10 PM
That works. We both have the same concept of cliff/water/cave, which I find interesting! LOL!

Change the number of mirrors to 16 (for the hours of the day)? Jaime can read a little bit of Ancient, so she could "kinda" read whats over the door. Could prove to be an interesting situation after a couple days of sleep deprivation. Good opportunity for Matthews/Allurai and Tyler to have some sort of "incident".

Jynjyr
March 15th, 2006, 02:17 AM
That works. We both have the same concept of cliff/water/cave, which I find interesting! LOL!

Change the number of mirrors to 16 (for the hours of the day)? Jaime can read a little bit of Ancient, so she could "kinda" read whats over the door. Could prove to be an interesting situation after a couple days of sleep deprivation. Good opportunity for Matthews/Allurai and Tyler to have some sort of "incident".
Originally it was 28 mirrors, because thats a number that is impossible to have Mirrors directly opposite each other, a point I needed for the fic and just carried over. Although 16 could be one at each compass point and I don't think anyone / anything is going to be coming thru them.

Somnium
March 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM
ok so we merge in both stories, cool :D On with the show then ;)

Jynjyr
March 17th, 2006, 05:41 AM
I'm going to be out of town this weekend. I'll probably be on irregularly. Go ahead and use Kym to tame our 'savage' beast. :)

ShelBel
March 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Me too, I don't know how much I'll be on; I have a parade to be in on Saturday (love being married to a DJ, :P ) and I think we're painting the kiddo's room this weekend....

Somnium
March 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Ok gang I vote we take the weekend off and come back on Monday as it seems everyone has plans for the next few days, everyone ok with this?

BTW............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/paddy11.gif

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 19th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Hey im making a quick post, i wont be on for a while aye. Umm when i can post, ill join in on whats happening.

Somnium
March 21st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Just to say Im about and wondering where everyone else is?? will keep checking back :D

Jynjyr
March 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm here. *waves* Out-of-town friends had their DSL down. I had nothing to do while they slept in in the morning.
They're both 10-12 hour folks. I'm a 6-8 hour. It leaves me a lot of time to amuse myself when we're together. I was counting on the Comp to do it.

ShelBel
March 22nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
Sorry, I've been out of town Monday/Tuesday and will be again Thurs/Fri. Busy week!

Somnium
March 23rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
No probs guys aslong as we know whats happening its not a problem :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 26th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah!

im back people. my internet usage is almost maxed out, so i had to take some time off aye.

well beck to the rp.

Jynjyr
March 26th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Futura and AEM - Glad to hear it's school and access time that kept you guys away. I was concerned that you all were in the path of Larry.
I couldn't remember if you're both in the southwest of Australia.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 26th, 2006, 05:56 AM
yeah, thats right in Perth, the most forgotten and non-recognized city in the southern western section of Australia. but im glad to be back on

ShelBel
March 28th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Did we want to consider AEM's "conversation" with Allurai?

Matthews then was startled by the farmiliar voice of his bonded friend Allurai.

Issac, i think these creatures are too Docile. Prehaps you and your team are not the only ones who have met these "Horses" be careful.

I dunno, I was really just aiming for some fun, non-serious interaction with the horse. I'm chalking up the lack of flight instinct to the fact that its a young horse, and we helped him; we've become his new herd, in effect.

My impression was that any civilization that used to be here is so long gone not even the animals remember it.

I would rather stumble across a nice predator-type critter somewhere along the way! ;) *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

Somnium
March 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I agree with Shelbel lets keep our little friend as he is :D

ShelBel
March 28th, 2006, 06:27 PM
When vicious nut-throwing squirrel-critters attack! :lol:

How's about the rest of the herd join us to help run the critters off and guard us? We've been hanging with our tagalong for a couple days now, we probably smell like him... Just thinking out loud.

Plus... still kinda waiting for a REAL big bad to come by and give us trouble. But maybe not yet? Maybe the big nasty can be living in/near the cave with the stuff in it...

Jynjyr
March 29th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Geese! LOL I thought it was bad when the squirrels just dropped nuts on me.
I have a yard full of hickory trees and squirrels. In the fall, when the nuts are ripe, I wear a hard-hat to cut the grass. Dang, those things hurt.

TheXym
March 29th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Sorry to pop in and interrupt, but I LOVED the squirrel attack :) Too funny. The scary thing, is it's believable. At Penn State, the squirrels would just come right up to you and almost demand food if you had any. Plus they were quite a bit larger than any squirrel I'd seen in the wild. You guys gave me a pretty vivid flashback.

ShelBel
March 29th, 2006, 08:04 AM
LOL Xym! I've seen squirrels in national parks, at the more popular scenic stops, do that. One literally climbed my little brother. Freaked him right out! :lol:

And you want monster squirrels? I have some in my backyard that I SWEAR must weigh close to 10 to 15 pounds, they're almost as big as my CAT!

And as for naming our little horsie... I'm evil. I just want to see Blue reduced to sputtering, incoherent laughter. :D

TheXym
March 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Those seem like pretty nasty squirrels in your yard. I can just imagine the look on your brother's face when that happened.

And I LOVED your horse name... a little bit of humor to break the tension on a mission is ALWAYS good :)

Somnium
March 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I remember a story my Grandad used to tell me about being attacked by a squirell on his way home from work one evening, there vicious little beggers, it literally jumped on him from above and clawed his head (he was vitually bald btw) to peices. Anyway as for horseys name can we make it something short! If not then no problem, you could always just shorten Nikolai.

ShelBel
March 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
We could always just call him "Nick" or maybe "Blue" for short. ;)

Jynjyr
March 29th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Nashivka could be mangled into Nika. From there it could be construed as Nicko or Nick.

BTW - I love it. *giggles*

Gen Blue
March 30th, 2006, 02:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/smilies/lalala.gif

:D *Pbbbbbtttttt* :D

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
March 31st, 2006, 11:54 PM
LOl

squirels huh

Yeah, well Koalas are deadly bears, that when eat leaves, fall asleep, then lose grip on their branch.

When i went camping, One landed on my car. It was still sleeping

SO DANGEROUS

Somnium
April 2nd, 2006, 01:59 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/17.gifSo our critters were a cross between a squirrel and a koala...eek! I think we need to be on our gaurd this evening then.

ShelBel
April 3rd, 2006, 06:03 AM
So what say we? I'm assuming the stream sort of follows the direction we need to take; perhaps follow it for the rest of today but camp a little ways away to avoid the squirelly wrath? ;)

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
April 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
I was thinking the furthur from the gate, the stranger the creatures we find

eg: large spiders basicly larger versions of preadators.

also large eagles that have more lizard qualities, the size of tearadactyls

Jynjyr
April 4th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Oh please, not :eek: spiders. *shudder* I'm an arachnaphobe, the &#^%$#@ scare me to death.

ShelBel
April 4th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm with Jynjyr- ew, not spiders. I think one big nasty this time around is enough. But I like the idea of seeing stranger critters the farther we get from the gate. Perhaps some kind of lizard colony, like prairie dogs or meerkats but reptilian? And then have the half-lizard eagle-thing hunting them.

And I say we run into Jynjyr's "attack plant" thing. Maybe Niko tries to turn us away from it or something.

We can bring back all kinds of documentation on the interesting flora and fauna.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
April 5th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Great.

Also living plants, Trees and other unnatural things, (too us) but maybe natural to them.

just throwing ideas.

ShelBel
April 5th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Hey- has anyone seen Futura around here lately? :(

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
April 6th, 2006, 01:54 AM
yeah, futura comes on and off sometimes, it cant be helped with his school life and all.

Somnium
April 14th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Ok we seem to be on a real go slow at the moment! Just wondering if everyone is around this weekend so we can get this thing moving.

Just to clarify...

we need to get to the cave/ravine area and actually carry out the object of the mission which was to investigate the power readings. I'd rather we met no more nasties for a while if thats ok? Once thats all over and we are heading back to the stargate then we will have our "incident!", I thought seeing as Jynjyr thought up our nastie then we nominate her to announce its arrival, just so nobody jumps the gun.

AEM Id like you to have a good think about your heroic deed, it needs to be something spectacular if you want this promotion! Please agree any idea with me first as I dont want any Gung ho moments! Otherwise Ill have Harvey kick Matthews butt all over Netu :sokaranime06:

Ok :D so now thats the formalaties taken care of :D Anyone want to add anything??

Jynjyr
April 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I'll be around off and on. I vote we get this show on the road. :D

ShelBel
April 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Ditto here. :)

Futura
April 15th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Ditto Ditto (lol) same here.

Somnium
April 16th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Just wanted to wish all of you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Shelby_SG1/Smileys/big_egg5_text.gif

ShelBel
April 18th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Should we leave Niko at the lip of the canyon, or bring him with us? The going might be tough for the little guy. We could be caught MORE unawares by our nasty without him as our "early warning signal", which could be advantageous in the whole "Matthew's Heroic Deed" department, and could incur more damage to the team (if that's what we want; come back to Gaia a bit worse for wear).

I guess it all depends on how damaged we want to be on return to base. :D

Jynjyr
April 18th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I'm not planning on rappelling down the side of the cliff with gear on my back. :( We can walk along the top until the ground levels off. I'm thinking Niko, smart boy that he is, won't want to go in. We think because the entrance is narrow. :rolleyes:

ShelBel
April 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Works for me.