Four era references in one episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four era references in one episode

I was watching one of those Enterprise episodes from the fourth season with Brent Spiner and in that one episode, there were references to the Original Series, a Movie, the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine!

Mentioned were;
    The Botany Bay and Kahn Singh from "Sapce Seed"
    The Briar Patch from ST:Insurrection also called Klach D'Kel Brakt, mentioned in Deep Space Nine.
    Soong made hints toward pursuing cybernetics at the end of the episode. Clearly a reference of Data from The Next Generation.

I thought it was neat that they'd make so many references of already established stuff in Trekdom.

very observant of you

i also like references, it gives the episodes more of a realistic feel to look back at past events as happens in daily life when recalling an event to put the wisdom to good use and prevent the same outcome so to speak.

references that i can think of are:

ENT: DS9, Eurogenics war, TNG, and the film also were recent events such as 9/11 from the episode storm front and the major events of earth in the final few moments of that episode.

TNG: Eurogenics war, human colonies that appaered in many eps including ENT, delta quadrant and the barzan wormhole and episode of voyager season 3 dealt with the consequesnces of the ferengi being trapped on the other side of that wormhole after the eteprise was in negotiations with other aliens fro the rights to it.

VOY: data was refered to in the episode "prototype" concerning androids and robots that were in the federation which supprised me in the fact that there is only 1 android in SF.

DS9: alot, Eurogenics war, voyager, insurection, klingon past and so many more, more than any other series come and gone.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

dont u mean eugenics war

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
        dont u mean eugenics war

jack: "oh for crying out loud, theres always one of you in a crowd!!!"

not to be petty unlike some people but i have trouble spelling words and the fact i haventt really seen it spelled nor do make a habit of watching any episodes with the subtitles on i made a minor mistake.
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Also in First Contact they talk about WWIII.
          The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
          X