This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell Guide So Far

Okey dokey then, I just think it would be nice to list everyone of Mitchell's actions thus far because alot of people think Mitchell is useless or doesn't do enough, so here are all things Mitchell, good and bad, and oops.
    Avalon PT 1
    -We learn of Mitchell's dogfight and crash and his determination to join SG-1
    -Edit* We learn Mitchell earned the Congressional Medal of Honor
    -He begins to get the team back together
    -On Dakara he has his "Which way to the Stargate" bit
    -We learn he is not too confident in himself (chat with Sam)
    -He shows enthusiasm in having a mission involving ancients
    -After Teal'c's suggestion, he orders Vala/Daniel to go one way, he/Teal'c other way
    -He said, "Woah, woah, woah man! Bullets (swings arms around) bounce"
    -He kind of started the ceiling coming down thing, but who would have expected that?
    Avalon PT 2
    -With Daniel's help, he figured out the Ancient puzzle and saved he and Teal'c
    -He swordfought a knight, and due to some confusion, was hacked with a virtual sword, in extreme pain, he picked up his sword and finished the fight
    -He figured out how to get the treasure
    -He showed his enthusiasm of Ancient history when Daniel found the book
    -Vala, "oh comon, you do it to meet women"(Stargate missions) Mitchell, "She has a point sir."
    -For the rest of the episode, he watched over Daniel/Vala while they were unconcious
    -When Vala's heart rate changes, Mitchell pulls his gun to the Ancient device and listens to the funny doctor guy and puts it away
    Origin
    -With Teal'c saying Stargate, he decides to throw the Ancient device into into the destroying puddle blast thing, freeing Daniel/Vala
    -Edit* Walter is dialing the gate, Landry asks why, Walter says "orders from Col. Mitchell, Landry says, "proceed."
    -He represents Earth on an offworld mission as he talks to a prior and brings the prior back to the SGC
    -Edit* Mitchell talking to the prior, prior says some wierd thing, Mitchell responds, "Oh I get'cha, wherever you go, there you are, I think that's Buckaroo Banzai."
    -Edit* He walks in the briefing room where the prior is and draws his gun immediately
    The Ties That Bind
    -This episode he did sit back for a long time, but lent his prescence when needed (pointing guns or "your not a priest, are you?") Maybe you could say under used if you are a big BB fan
    -Maybe shows something between Mitchell/Lam, not sure myself.
    -He let Daniel and Vala do their thing as they hunted necessary components
    -At the end of the ep, he kept one alien guy busy and posed as a bounty hunter, allowing Daniel/Vala to take over cargo ship
    The Powers That Be
    -Mitchell gets the mission started
    -Mitchell gains Daniel and Vala a Mal Duran trial, as opposed to the no trial death sentence
    -Aside from some from some talking, he gets sick and dies, and then comes back to life
    Beachhead
    -We learn Mitchell is not trigger happy, as shown in his "nuke-free career" line
    -He and Daniel talk to the prior and represent Earth, though he is first and sets up their situation
    -He says Earth minutes
    -He made the harsh decision on whether to fire or not, he chose fire, which ultimately ended in the planet being completely covered much quicker
    -He listened to Sam when she said we need to stop, before she explained
    Ex Deus Machina
    -He goes to Dakara, and interupts a council meeting with his two-cents even though outsiders are not allowed to talk at high council meetings
    -He and Teal'c learn Baal is hiding on Earth
    -He goes to the bomb building to help Carter
    -Without a solution, he poses beaming the whole building into space, which works
    Babylon
    -Mitchell is walking through the woods smacking gum and talking while they are looking for a hidden and legendary group of Jaffa
    -He imitates Teal'c, and then says Teal'c's line is like a movie trailer
    -The Sodan attack, he orders his team back to Stargate, and covers their six
    -He pauses as he can't see the enemy, maybe not the best idea, as he is then wacked by a stick
    -His P90 is shot from his hands, then he is shot by a staff, but he manages to trip up the Sodan guy
    -He gets the staff out of the the Sodan's hands and shoots him, then goes unconcious
    -He awakes to have some medicine that really hurts apparently
    -He awakes again to learn he will have to go through Kel Shak Lo(think thats what its called) a fight to the death for killing a Sodan
    -He trains rigorously despite taking serious beatings, and eventually becomes quite good
    -He learns the Sodan are leaning toward Origin, he convinces Jolan, his trainer, they are not good
    -In the final battle, he loses and apparently dies, but its on purpose, Jolan helps him come back to life later
    -He makes the reference to the Startrek episode, and calls Jolan Bones.
    -He assures Jolan they are not alone against the Ori
    -He lets Jolan's brother go, hoping to convince him the Ori are bad and that Earth are their ally
    -He says, "lucky is good."
    Prototype
    -He calls himself SG-1 leader
    -He is apparent as leader as everyone is sure to tell him what they are going to do first, and he says Sam can go look at black hole
    -Edit* He says, "super freaky powers"
    -Edit* He says, "Interstellar call forwarding, thats pretty cool"
    -He pushes a button releasing Khalek! oops
    -Edit* He makes the link between Nirrti's patient guys and the Priors
    -He is incharge of Khalek's security throughout ep
    -He survives through some mind blows from Khalek and shoots him unconscious
    -He comes up with Ascend'o'meter!
    -He quickly tries to help the soldiers who are electrocuted, but is quickly mind slammed against the wall
    -He regathers his head and chases Khalek, coming one on one with him at the Stargate, he shoots... Daniel hits him, then they both unload on him
    The Fourth Hourseman PT1
    -Edit* He corrects an air force officer after an inappropriate comment about Dr. Lam and shows military bearing
    -He expresses that he thinks guns are easier than some device to take down priors
    -He is put incharge of quarantining Colorado, but fails, as a plane flies out spreading Ori plague
    -Edit* At the end of the ep he is back at the Sodan world, purposely in full view because he knows the Sodan will come and he shows his trust
    yep
    My sum up of Mitchell would be, determined, enthusiastic, charismatic, and creative, I could see him as a basis for the seasoned SG-1 to work of of.
    Sam- experienced in tech and tech babble
    Teal'c- experienced warrior and knowledgable of rest of galaxy
    Daniel- experienced archaelogist with history with ancients
    Mitchell- enthusiastic to succeed, will not allow quiting, represents well

I'm sure I missed some good quotes and other parts, so if you think of em feel free to throw em in, just wanted to show Mitchell wasn't so background character.
    Last edited by Johnquixote; 09 November 2005, 03:41 PM.

I got to say, nice post. Some talk of how Mitchell has done next to nothing so far. This post points to a different story. Yeah, Mitchell hasn't owned 80% of the screen, but he has been around. And he has contributed, both good and bad. Can't wait to see what we get out of him in the second half of the season.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great post. I'd add an edit that Mitchell has a flashback of doing rehab from after the crash during the fight with the knight and uses that as his motivation to win the fight. I don't know why, but I loved that.

Comment

I will also add that he does have military bearing when needed and has much integrity(unless its actual a personal issue), but in one ep, fourth hourseman I think, he gets on another SG member's case for talking dirty about Lam.
        Just a little bit more on Mitchell.

Comment

Great post! I have one little correction, and a couple of additions, though. In Babylon, where you say he "pauses as he can't see the enemy, maybe not the best idea" it looked to me like he paused be cause he saw certain leaves moving on the bush/tree, which was unusual since the rest of the bush/tree wasn't moving. He was trying to get his mind around that strange fact when he was hit.

Also, I think Mitchell's willingness to allow the experts to do their own thing, since he is, by far, less qualified then they, is the mark of a good leader. When needed, and after briefing from the "experts" he makes the command decision.

In Prototype, he was clearly disturbed by Daniel's willingness to kill Kalek, but he didn't doubt Daniel. Mitchell realizes Daniel is more experienced in this area. Perhaps if Mitchell had more experience, he would have protested, but I doubt it. He trusts his team. That is extremely important.
          Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

when we first saw mitchell we learned from his talks with daniel and carter that he wanted to learn from them, we always see mitchell as unexperienced.
            I couldn't help notice as the season progressed mitchell was impressed that sg-1 has many friends and ties in the galaxy, they always seem to know what they're talking about and all he knows is mission reports.
            vala, the ori, the gaould who came to visit, baal, orlin, kahlek.. basically every episode except babylon had some history with sg-1 but not mitchell.
            babylon was the first time mitchell had a chance to develop some ties of his own and i think he got a little too excited about it (as usual), so much that he put the team at risk in fourth horseman and got them captured.
            if you ask me based on what we've seen so far mitchell is awfully childish but most importantly he lacks something to single him out.
            I think the reason people say he doesnt do anything is not because he has nothing to do, but because there's nothing special about him.
            hopefully the writers will find a way to make up for it soon

Comment

Nice post, although you should've put "Spoilers for Season 9" at the end of the title. Here's some jello.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                when we first saw mitchell we learned from his talks with daniel and carter that he wanted to learn from them, we always see mitchell as unexperienced.
                I couldn't help notice as the season progressed mitchell was impressed that sg-1 has many friends and ties in the galaxy, they always seem to know what they're talking about and all he knows is mission reports.
                vala, the ori, the gaould who came to visit, baal, orlin, kahlek.. basically every episode except babylon had some history with sg-1 but not mitchell.
                babylon was the first time mitchell had a chance to develop some ties of his own and i think he got a little too excited about it (as usual), so much that he put the team at risk in fourth horseman and got them captured.
                if you ask me based on what we've seen so far mitchell is awfully childish but most importantly he lacks something to single him out.
                I think the reason people say he doesnt do anything is not because he has nothing to do, but because there's nothing special about him.
                hopefully the writers will find a way to make up for it soon
                I think, Heaven, that Babylon was the writers attempt to make Mitchell different. He's now sort of become the liaison between the Sodan and the Tauri.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  I think, Heaven, that Babylon was the writers attempt to make Mitchell different. He's now sort of become the liaison between the Sodan and the Tauri.
                  Sounds cool too me. I liked how he was able to last longer when they were ambushed a second time because of his melee training with the Sodan.

Comment

Great post! Glad you did all that work to let us see how much Mitchell has done.

... is quickly mind slammed against the wall
                    -He regathers his head and ... --Johnquixote
                    --These two lines cracked me up. I could just imagine Mitchell picking up the pieces of his head into his arms before chasing Khalek.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                      Sounds cool too me. I liked how he was able to last longer when they were ambushed a second time because of his melee training with the Sodan.
                      I agree. I hope we get to see more kick-ass stuff out of his character. I really liked what I saw in "Babylon".
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        Nice post, although you should've put "Spoilers for Season 9" at the end of the title. Here's some jello.
                        sorry, I thought about that but was figuring people would catch the fact that a Mitchell guide would have season nine spoilers. Is there a way to change thread titles?

Comment

Mitchel experience with the Sodan changed him a bit,He learned kung fu we also learn that Mitchel is also willing to gamble when he is up to his neck.

I wonder what will happen in arthurs mantle if he gets trained by Myridin (merlin).
                          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I see Mitchell finally becoming a really cool character. I just hope for more Sg-1 team based interactions in the second half of the season. Am definitely excited about the possibilities.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Made some edits. If you like this guide you should check out Chillinthemost's Chronicling Mitchell posts in Mitchell Appreciation discussion thread. Nice detail on Mitchell moments.

Comment

Working...
                              X