Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in a Serenity sequel or a new Firefly series? spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you like to see in a Serenity sequel or a new Firefly series? spoilers

I would like to see a new series and I think it should involve the earth that was. Somehow I doubt that everyone got off of earth. I think it would be interesting if there are still people left on earth trying to get off but they don't have the resources needed to build enough ships to relocate the entire population. However, they do have enough resources to build a few ships, so they've been sending out spies to the new earths to infiltrate the Alliance and devise a plan to bring the rest of earth's survivors to the new earths. It would be cool to see one of the spies become a part of Serenity's crew.

I heard that they have a three movie deal.

I'd love to see more movies, and it would be great to have the show back.

... I'd like to have my cake and eat it too...

With cherries and sprinklies and lots and lots of chocolate sauce

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think more movies are probably more likely at this point but I'd love to see a new series. There's so much more opportunity for character development.

I'd like to see a story that focuses a bit more on Zoe, especially post-movie. Maybe that's the kind of thread that would work better in a series but I still think it could work in the BDS.

Comment

I think I would like to see maybe the beggings of Zoe and Wash. We never really saw it in the show and with Wash's.....conditionl, I think flashbacks would be very prominant in the next two movies since JW did say he would be in them without a doubt. The Earth That Was would be a great thing to explore too.
        Spoiler:

Comment

I think a sequel that pits the Serenity against the Reivers as front and center. The crazies are headed back to earth for an unchallenged feast and have to be stopped. An unholy alliance with...The Alliance will be in order, somehow. Maybe because the Alliance fan-base has been fractured after the Reiver disclosure, they're too weakened to mount a solid defense.

And we'll see exactly how Reivers "turn" recruits. In the series Mal said they sort of condition/torture the newbies, making them witness their cannibal rituals and body desecration. Yuck. But the original ones were turned because of the drug in the air, as the movie showed. So do they still possess some of this chemical? They have ships with weapons, boarding technology (mostly ballistic but they work), how did they maintain this much sanity? Just picking up some of the questions the movie left for me.

Of course, Wash and Book must appear. Especially want more of Book's life before his current profession. A preacher shot down an enemy aircraft; um, that's gotta be some seminary he attended.

Whatever, just more, please.

Just sayin'.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I'd like another series really.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I would want at least another movie and maybe a series, hopefully nowhere near Fox.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think the next couple of films *knock on wood* will focus on the renewal of the unification war.

I'd love to see the great conspiracy that is Blue Sun revealed. I think they're the one's who are the true power behind the Alliance.

Oh and how the heck does the Blue hand men's glow-stick that makes you bleed to death, work? Thats what I'd love to find out.

and more Jayne...

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

A few things...

1) More info about the Unification War, on the grander scale and not just from Mal and Zoe's perspective.

2) A love interest for River ('cause that'd be hilarious).

3) A new, different crew member (just to see everyone's reactions) (and it wouldn't have to be permenant!)

4) The return of the Operative.

Comment

Actually another film would be interesting...and then a series. It would bring in more fans.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The whole movie I absolutely hated the Operative, and at the end I almost wanted him to stay on Serenity. Not necessarily him, but having someone who was a part of the alliance would be cool.

Perhaps they can do 2 sequels at once and release them a few months apart, I'd really love to see a huge cliffhanger and KNOW a resolution is coming.

I don't really care what they are about, I just want more!!!

Comment

I'm with you, Natron... I really don't care what Joss does as long as it's on par with everything else he's done so far. Although I don't mind a little more Mal/Inara...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Speaking as someone who has loved Firefly since I first saw it and who is still basking in the glow of his first viewing of Serenity - albeit slightly dampened by rain - I have to say that I just don't want anything else about Serenity, or at least not another film.

With River more-or-less on top of things, she's a sufficiently powerful character that anything that would be challenging for her would leave the rest of the crew behind. That would kind of put paid to any film which actually had River in it, unless it began by taking her character backwards and then developed her again. Serenity felt like a finale - although in keeping with Joss Whedon's muse, not necessarily and ending - and for my money, that's where it should say.

Not that I'm saying I wouldn't go and see Serenity II, I've been pleasantly surprised by the directions in which Joss has taken his characters before, but my initial feeling is that it would be a mistake to try and drag out something small and wonderful until it is sprawling and mediocre, a la The X-Files or SG-1.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I dunno... I don't have much experience with any other Joss Whedon television outings... but there are still enough mysteries in the Firefly universe that can be further developed... more character development and revelations to be made. There's always the Blue Sun Corporation...
                            Joss claims he has plenty of ideas left in him and I'd rather see them visually realised than have him get really drunk and reveal all on the internet.
                            Last edited by Easter Lily; 08 October 2005, 02:03 PM.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I wouldn't argue that there weren't mysteries left in the 'verse, but there also needs to be mileage in the characters and I'm not sure that there is, particularly River. I mean, while River was a lot more with it by the end of Objects in Space than she was in the pilot, I don't see that the plot of Serenity would have been the next episode, or even the season finale.

Anyway, aside from a few glitches that was later seasons of Angel, Joss has always seemed to have a fair degree of integrity in these matters. This being the case, if he writes and directs another Firefly movie, I'll trust that it's because he's got enough ideas and that it'll be true to the characters.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X