Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 8 boxset is $36.48 at Sam's Club!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 boxset is $36.48 at Sam's Club!

I just got home from picking up mine, really good deal ^^

Yeah that is a good deal. Unfortunately, I'll be buying it at Walmart because I won't be able to get to a Sam's Club for couple of days or so. And I really want that DVD. And god I hope it doesn't have the cut version of Threads.
    sigpic

Comment

Just bought it from Walmart. It costs 45.84 there.

just opened it, Thread does not have a commentary!!! That's just crap!
      Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 04 October 2005, 01:01 PM. Reason: Added thing about commentary
      sigpic

Comment

I agree. The only eoisode that I really wanted to have a commentary. Anyway, I bought mine in Canada. Is anyone else having trouble accessing the commentaries. Where are they listed on the disk? Can anyone help?

Comment

$36.48... is that Canadian or American?

Cause if that's American it's $42.75 Canadian which is just a few dollars cheaper than how much we bought it for over Amazon.ca...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

That would have to be American. Mine cost 59.00 at Future Shop (in Canada)

Comment

I'm picking this up Saturday. I'm not a big fan of TV special features, but I must admit, "Threads" is the one episode that really needs a commentary.

I have two questions for those who bought the DVD set.

1 - Is "New Order" on DVD as one episode or two? If it's split up into a two-parter, are all the scenes still intact?

2 - Do we get the 42-minute or 63-minute version of "Threads?" I'll be seeing the episode for the first time on DVD, so I really hope we get the extended episode.

Comment

the one in Canada has New Order as a 2-parter with seemingly all scenes intact. Threads is the shortened version. I don't know if they are deliberately trying to ruin the show. Threads was definitely a fan favorite. Why would they have the shortened version and have it as the ONLY episode without a commentary. I guess if they did someone might just have to explain what they were actually thinking?...and I still can't find the commentaries though they say on the box they are there.

Comment

Just bought season 8 the episode Theards is the 45 min. and not the 90 min. version. I thought it was going to the 90 min. version.

Comment

I guess I'll have to get a bootleg copy of "Threads."

Thanks, MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientThor
                      Just bought season 8 the episode Theards is the 45 min. and not the 90 min. version. I thought it was going to the 90 min. version.
                      O_O!!!!

Why is it the 45 minute version? They said that there would be the 90 mins!
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                        I guess I'll have to get a bootleg copy of "Threads."
                        I already have a bootleg copy of Threads, I downloaded it the day it aired in the U.K. earlier this year. HOW DARE YOU MGM SCREW US OVER WITH THE 45MIN EDITION OF THREADS!!!! Anybody else ready to boycott the Stargate DVDs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          I already have a bootleg copy of Threads, I downloaded it the day it aired in the U.K. earlier this year. HOW DARE YOU MGM SCREW US OVER WITH THE 45MIN EDITION OF THREADS!!!! Anybody else ready to boycott the Stargate DVDs.
                          Boycott would be a little extreme, but I do believe that something must be done... I mean come on... It's freaking DVDs, they can put the episodes as long as they actually are! There is no restrictions! They can't use the "only 5 DVD" thing because they have practically 2 HOURS less stuff to put on!
                          sigpic
                          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            Anybody else ready to boycott the Stargate DVDs.
                            ... Boycott?

... No...

... I'm upset that they have the 43 minute and not the 60 minute, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I want you to give the name of a GW Forum member that's not about this. And everyone who gives me a name, or comes up to admit this, I'll give them green. I won't givethem red, I'm just curious, that's all
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X