This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg vs. Anubis

SG1-all of s7 SPOILERS and End-game (Voyager)

I was just wondering. If Anubis still had his Eyes of Ra, Osiris, Apophis, etc. and was still alive and had all of the Asgard technology implemented into his Flag-ship. The Borg, having not being cripped by Janeway in Endgame and not having any of the future Starfleet technology that Admiral Janeway brought, like Trans-phasic (sp?) torpedos and armor.
    Who would win?
    Godspeed, Don.

Anubis. His eyes would do what Species err....8274? did to their ships, only faster, and with lightning effects which arc from ship to ship....oooh....ahhh...
    sigpic

Comment

If the U.S.S. Voyager and her crew can defeat a handful of cubes in the 4 years they had known them, without any trips back to the Federation I see Anubis having no problem having the resources of his entire legion defeating the Borg.

Comment

But the Borg would modify their technology to compensate for all the advanced stuff Anubis has.
        And in the end for them it's much easier to replace their losses.
        Just assimilate another planet.
        Anubis would win the first couple of battles, but then he'd start losing.

And don't expect the Federation and the Klingons to just sit on their buts if this were to happen.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Hmmm Anubis. The cloak is just to cool. He would win cause he is more stylish.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            Hmmm Anubis. The cloak is just to cool. He would win cause he is more stylish.
            Agreed. The Borg wouldn't stand a chance against Anubis's overwhelming coolness.
            sigpic

Comment

"Resistance is futile." is so outdated.

"Take action if you dare." is such a better "i'm about to take over your planet type of line."

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

The Borg would definatly win this fight. Since almost all of the non-human weapons are energy, the borg can just modify their shields to block it out. Also, it wasn't because of species 8792's weapons that the borg couldn't kill them. It was because their cells are too dense for normal borg probes to infest. The jaffa of anubis don't have that defense.

Comment

Anubis could just wipe them all out at once. And since he is partly acended, he can just come up with some type of tech to counter the effects of the personal shield modifications.

Comment

But how long would it take for the Borg to adapt. I mean, Voyager's weapons still effected Cubes. And surely Anubis could just re-configure his big-honking space-gun or just put the eyes in a different order.

The main problem for Nubby is that the Borg could beam onto his ship and assimilate his Jaffa, unless the Jaffa have a natural immunity to Nano-technology. Even if he couldn't assimilate the Jaffa, they should be able to assimilate the technology. But they'd need to actually take over the ship because they can't duplicate the eyes. But, of course, Nubby can't be assimilated because he's ascended. They should be able to over-ride Tel'tak (is that the right part of the ship) and control the ship anyway. Then they should be able to destroy Nubby's force-field and force him to float around. Defences wouldn't be able to effect the drones going onto the ship after a while cos they'd adapt.

He'd also be out-gunned. The borg could send all their cubes to fight him and surely then he would not be able to survive. Asgard shieds are powerful but not that powerful.

Any contradictions? There should be cos I want Nubby to win, god damn it!
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                      But how long would it take for the Borg to adapt. I mean, Voyager's weapons still effected Cubes.
                      Actually, by the end of "End Game" the Borg had already adapted to Voyager's future armour, so it wouldn't be that long until they figured out a way to block the weapons.
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Anubus is part Ascendant......the Borg are simply too primative to adapt to this physiology.....His power is more than just mechanical....it is almost supernatural.

Most likely he would get a gould to take over the Borg Queen and it is game over.....He will just order the silly primative Borgs to self destruct their bulky cubes and turn into space dust......
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

The borg would win. They have the ability to adapt and the sheer number of them is astounding. Yes, because Anubis is acsended he is quite powerful, but to borg could easily overrun him, assimilating his own troops as they went along. It would only be a matter of time, but the fight would be massive.

BTW, "Resistance is futile" is the best one liner ever. Especially the way the borg say it with their echoing voices.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Servo
                            BTW, "Resistance is futile" is the best one liner ever. Especially the way the borg say it with their echoing voices.
                            And don't forget 'Assimilate this !'
                            It's anti-Borg slogan, but also very cool
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Servo
                              The borg would win. They have the ability to adapt and the sheer number of them is astounding. Yes, because Anubis is acsended he is quite powerful, but to borg could easily overrun him, assimilating his own troops as they went along. It would only be a matter of time, but the fight would be massive.

Ya but Anubis' Kull Warriors would kick the butts outta the Borg drones. Plus, Anubis would have no fear of the Queen and would prolly kick her a$$ back to Unimatrix. I'm so glad to see so many peeps support Anubis, the coolest of all cools.

Comment

Working...
                              X