Perhaps there survivors aren't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps there survivors aren't

An interesting and probably incorrect theory came to me recently. Perhaps, there were 48 survivors of flight 815. Perhaps there were 48 dead. Perhaps this island is some sort of Purgatory that they are traped in because of their attachment to the material world, one formed of their collective superstitions,fears, guilts, and dreams.

Originally posted by hyzmarca
    An interesting and probably incorrect theory came to me recently. Perhaps, there were 48 survivors of flight 815. Perhaps there were 48 dead. Perhaps this island is some sort of Purgatory that they are traped in because of their attachment to the material world, one formed of their collective superstitions,fears, guilts, and dreams.
    or, maybe not. you choose
    Sheppard: And a nice Delorean...
    McKay: Oh please, dont even get me started on that movie.
    Sheppard: I like that movie!

Comment

I don't want you to take offense to this, but I don't like the purgatory theory. I just think it might be a bit disappointing, but if you like it run with it.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Yea. I think the idea to the theory is that when a person dies they have dealt with all thier thingys they have to deal with. That, of coarse means that Turbine Man did some very quick soal-searching

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
          somehwere time before i read an interview with one of author (abrahams?)...he stated that " there is a PERFECTLY CLEAR explanation for all what's going on , no fuss about spiritual/esoterical stuff...just a PLAIN RATIONAL TRUTH"

Just took his words for true, so we should all

Comment

I don't think that's where there trying to go with the show but that might be possible.

Comment

How can it be anything other than a 'god' type thing, when so much happens so far away from the island and over so many years.

It one thing have a wierd island, with wierd people and wierd things happening. All of that could be explained away as part of an experiemnt gono wrong or "the land time forgot" type thing but when you look at who was on the plane, the circumstances that get them go back years for some since childhood, meetings happen on pure chance, numbers cause bad things to happen etc etc etc. Even if all these people shared a common experience at childbirth, engineering their lives and the others of those around them to get them on that particular plane and flight is just impossible, unless you accept it was through some sort of 'divine' intervention.

If it turns out to be a god story it will be really disappointing as basically they don't have to explain anything they can just say "god can do what he likes"

Comment

If this is Purgatory then what happened to Bonne.
                Spoilers-highlight to read
                If he died in the crash,how could he have died again in episode Do No Harm
                In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Maybe they never crashed at all, and they are all a part of an elaborate brain washing experiment. Like Jack and Locke said in season I, there should'nt have been any survivors (especially in the back of the plane), let alone as many as did supposedly live through the crash.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The writers have said repeatedly in interviews that the purgatory theory is wrong. They are all alive... until they get killed off... then they might not be actually dead.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

What a couple of people here have said is correct. J.J. Abrams has stated that the Purgatory theory is, simply, wrong.
                      Thor: The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur.

Comment

Working...
                      X