This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the Dedalus Invisible?

Sorry if I spelt the ships name wrong...

But I think in The Seige Part III it was, they used the Puddle Jumper to make Atlantis become invisible.

If they can make that entire city become invisible, how come they don't do the same thing with the Dedalus and have it head into Wraith Territory and gather intel on them that way?

And while im talking about the Dedalus, how come they don't load it up with a few Puddle Jumpers and take them back to earth for use against the remaining Goa'uld and the Orii?

Thats just a couple things (of many) I have been wondering about...

They didn't make the city invisible, they created a massive EMP/nuclear explosion which clouded the Wraith sensors.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Yeah and After the nuclear blast had reduced enough not to kill every one mckay started up the cloak generator from one of the puddle jumpers which he and zelenka had rigged up to the sheild generators. basicly replacing the sheild. so it looked like the nuke had destroyed the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastro187420
        If they can make that entire city become invisible, how come they don't do the same thing with the Dedalus and have it head into Wraith Territory and gather intel on them that way?
        More to the point, why didn't the ancients!

And while im talking about the Dedalus, how come they don't load it up with a few Puddle Jumpers and take them back to earth for use against the remaining Goa'uld and the Orii?
        Probably because the Goa'uld would attempt to clone the technology and defeat it. Just like they took on Thor's ship after defeating it's "Superior" shield.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

The original poster makes a good point. If they were able to clock the entire city using one of the puddle jumpers cloaking devices, why couldn't the same be true for the Daedalus? Only thing I can think of is power maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastro187420

But I think in The Seige Part III it was, they used the Puddle Jumper to make Atlantis become invisible.

Thats just a couple things (of many) I have been wondering about...
            this question has been raised before. The daedalus is designed to be flying through space with a shield on, so any debris hitting it does less damage. when mckay put a cloak on the city it replaced the shield. If the shield is replaced on the daedalus, debris is gonna start doing damage.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              this question has been raised before. The daedalus is designed to be flying through space with a shield on, so any debris hitting it does less damage. when mckay put a cloak on the city it replaced the shield. If the shield is replaced on the daedalus, debris is gonna start doing damage.
              Yes...this would not be good!
              sigpic

Comment

So what is stopping the installation of a 2nd shield interface with a cloak? So far we have only seen all ships having 1 layer of shields, no harm having a 2nd right?

Comment

Apophis had an entire fleet cloaked motherships in season 4. It should be possible to cloak the Daedelus.

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker
                    So what is stopping the installation of a 2nd shield interface with a cloak? So far we have only seen all ships having 1 layer of shields, no harm having a 2nd right?
                    Well we'd need to know how shields work exactly to decide whether a second shield is possible. Perhaps the properties of the shields prevent a second from being formed.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

And assuming that the Ancients put cloaking devices on their other ships (besides puddle jumpers) it didn't seem to help them much haha.
                      302's lead the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker
                        power requirements for a start, and the 1st shield (closest layer) wll probably block the 2nd layer being built.
                        ven if you were able to overcome that anything hitting the actual shield will make te shield go blue, giving away our positon.

Comment

First, I would think that the shield technology of the Ancients and that of the Asgard would be different from a technological standpoint. That is, while an Ancient cloak plugged into an Ancient shield can work, there's no guarantee that an Ancient cloak plugged into an Asgard shield would.

Second, we would need to be able to install an Ancient shield generator into an Asgard-human engineered ship. This might be possible during the early stages of construction, but is likely much more difficult to retrofit into an existing spaceframe. We don't even know if the two types of shields are emitted the same way; one may use point emitters while the other uses a surface-mounted grid, for example.

Apophis likely designed and built his fleet using Ancient technology, even if he did use existing Goa'uld designs. This makes sense if he was trying to be the deceptive bastage we all know he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Abiron
                            Apophis likely designed and built his fleet using Ancient technology, even if he did use existing Goa'uld designs. This makes sense if he was trying to be the deceptive bastage we all know he was.
                            Apophis didn't build that fleet, Sokar did. In fact, that was one of Sokar's greatest achievments over the other systems lords; cloaking technology.

The first goa'uld ship we saw with a cloak was the one in Deadman Switch which was stolen from Sokar by the Tok'ra Korra, which was then stolen by Aris Boch.
                            After Sokar was killed in The Devil You Know, Apophis took over his fleet and armies. The Ha'tak in Sokar's fleet were the first (an apparently last) to employ cloaking devices. Shuttles and Alkesh still have them, but no Ha'tak has been seen with a cloak since Apophis' fleet was destroyed in Exodus as far as I can tell.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I dont think the daedalus can be made invisible without losing its shield or having a second somehow tied into the system. However, if the daedalus were to have to have extensive repairs, where parts of the ship are removed, then the cloak maybe able to be tied in.

I think it would be easier just to design a ship with a cloak included properly with a shield, not just as an upgrade

Comment

Working...
                              X