• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Of Gas (109)

Visit the Episode GuideFIREFLY SEASON ONE
    OUT OF GAS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109

An accident on board leaves Serenity adrift in deep space, and Mal recalls the history of the ship and crew as the last remaining oxygen dwindles.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 18 October 2012, 02:47 PM.

This is my favourite FF ep. I love all the flashbacks (even the moustache ), especially the one at the end...Mal seeing Serenity for the first time. It's one of my all-time favourite Mal moments.

Comment

I love the use of time in this... present time, recent past and distant past... Very clever the way the different time periods cut into each other.

I find it interesting that Mal and Inara both fell in love with Serenity the first time they saw her. Wonder if that's the connection between them.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This was a good episode, perhaps one of the best in the season. We learnt a lot about many of the characters history and how they all came together.

Comment

I love how at the end what the dealer was like..."Treat her proper and you'll have her for a life time..."
          Of course the dealer was talking about a really different ship
          And how Mal fell in love with Serenity the second he saw her.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

I can't decide who had the best intro in this episode, the stand-off with Jayne, Wash with a 'mo *giggle* or Kayley in the engine room

Actually I think Kayley wins that one. lol

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              I can't decide who had the best intro in this episode, the stand-off with Jayne, Wash with a 'mo *giggle* or Kayley in the engine room

Actually I think Kayley wins that one. lol
              It's hard to pick one...

"You dirty deceivin' deceiver..."
              "As a point of interest, your offering to shoot us might not work so well as an incentive as you might think."
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I love Zoe's first response to Wash

Mal: (of Wash) He's great, ain't he?
                Zoe: I don't like him.
                Mal: What?
                Zoe: Something about him bothers me.
                Mal: What? What about him bothers you?
                Zoe: I'm not sure. It's just... something.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
                DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                  I can't decide who had the best intro in this episode,....
                  Mine would be Serenity’s. I just loved that shot at the end where Mal spies her off in the distance.

Joss and his great storytelling…trying to fool you at the beginning and make you think a salesman had talked Mal into buying Serenity.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

There was so much to enjoy about this episode. I enjoyed the flashbacks in particular--loved Wash/Zoe, Jayne, Kaylee and the not so great mechanic--all great parts and excellent storytelling on Joss' part. Also liked the part between Mal/Inara when he's convincing her to go "everyone dies alone." Love that part.
                    -girlgater

Comment

This is definetly the best episode of the series.

Another great part is when they came back and Jayne was complaining about Inara buring her incense.

It really plays into the movie when she says
                      Spoiler:
                      that's not incense!
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I really liked this episode thought it was very cleaver and very very well made

Comment

My favorite episode of the show ( seen it 55 times) the flashbacks were great and espcially loved the ending.
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

seen this ep today

was a good episode, but I don't think it was one the greatest hours of television ever made

loved the zoe/wash flashback

ep was quite clever with the wounded-mal flashbacks

Comment

the episode is very intersting with the commentary.
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                              X