Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheaton: Everyone Practiced 'Stand By Me' on TNG

http://www.trektoday.com/news/031005_01.shtml

Wil Wheaton, who left his role as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation for "this big film career that never happened", said that he never wanted to be a celebrity but he understands now that what the cast shared on the first Star Trek spinoff was, in the words of his former co-star Jonathan Frakes (Riker), "like lightning in a bottle."
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

the first star trek spin off? why is the boy talking about the animated series?

i kid! i kid cos i love!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      the first star trek spin off? why is the boy talking about the animated series?
      I think he's talking about TNG, not the animated series.
      sigpic

Comment

that's a sweet article. I enjoyed welsey crusher, then again I was a teenager watching another teenager on t.v. and I could relate to some of the characters' situations.

I'm happy that the cast enjoyed each other, I think that you could tell on the screen that they enjoyed working with one another. Maybe that's just me! I think that if you enjoy going to work everyday, you would perform to have the best work completed. That's why I think that it shows through on the show. They gave it their best, and it happen to become a great show.
        Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

That was such a sweet article! Thankyou Qasim.

I found this quite interesting though:
          "We were so lucky that everything came together," said Wheaton, noting that he had friends on each of the later Star Trek series who wished they had been on TNG "'because you guys all liked each other!'"

Makes you wonder a little what was going on on the other shows huh?

Comment

yeah, i got that. i was making a joke! hence the " "

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
              that's a sweet article. I enjoyed welsey crusher, then again I was a teenager watching another teenager on t.v. and I could relate to some of the characters' situations.

I'm happy that the cast enjoyed each other, I think that you could tell on the screen that they enjoyed working with one another. Maybe that's just me! I think that if you enjoy going to work everyday, you would perform to have the best work completed. That's why I think that it shows through on the show. They gave it their best, and it happen to become a great show.
              i had always heard that they all got along really well, and were almost like family. apparently in the seventh season tensions were really high and people were arguing more on set because they knew it was their last year seeing each other every day, and they were all upset about it.

i've never heard any of them speak ill of anyone else who was on the show, but they do make fun of each other a lot. it was a very close cast, and i think thats what made the show work so well, and i find the same thing with stargate. there aren't many shows who's cast and crew work so well together and really love each other. and i love hearing about that kind of stuff. its rare in this business.

Comment

The TNG cast got on well...I've never heard anything to the contrary...same with DS9...There were a few problems on Voyager and Enterprise though, and the TOS sets were apparently a warzone!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  The TNG cast got on well...I've never heard anything to the contrary...same with DS9...There were a few problems on Voyager and Enterprise though, and the TOS sets were apparently a warzone!
                  thats cos everyone hated shatner. they like him now though. apparently back in the day, he had a bit of an attitude problem, and had no idea that the rest of the cast didn't like him until they told him several years later and they now get on very well. not sure if thats all of them now, but shatner, nimoy and nichols have all commented on this.

Comment

Just digging this thread up to say;
                    Look! Wil Wheaton's got his own blog. http://www.wilwheaton.net/index.php

I'm done. You can move along now.

Comment

Working...
                    X