PDA

View Full Version : It's July 9th! Do you know where your TV is?

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Yippie!!!!!! We've got $40 of chinese food and 4 hours (LC1&2, New Order 1&2) of SG-1 planned for tonight. ;) After this week at work, I really need this.

Welcome back, SG-1!

blufeenix
July 9th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Cool, unless you live in the UK and have to wait for it to get here :(

shockwave
July 9th, 2004, 01:51 AM
or in belgium where they even haven't aired season six yet :( :S

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 02:05 AM
My sympathies go out to the non-US crowd. :( It would be great if they could broadcast it worldwide. I know I hate it when the 2nd half of the season airs in the UK before it does in the US, and that's just by a week or two!

TheWarrior
July 9th, 2004, 02:07 AM
And I thought the Uk viewers had it off worse. Wot I mean is before I had Sky I could only watch Stargate on Channel 4 and after season 1 there was a massive gap between Season 1 and 2 and Sky were already on Season 4 so I was way behind on the show so I ended up buying the Season 2 videos and then season 3 videos but I feel sorry for people who are further behind.

How come they haven't shown Season 6 yet? Are they planning to cuz you should email the tv company and ask when they intend to air the show and if they say they are not then ask y.

shockwave
July 9th, 2004, 02:29 AM
they haven't even bought the right to s6

they are years behind on almost everything

they are rerunning charmed for the bazillionth time instead

not aired yet in belgium:
enterprise
farscape
andromeda

gange57
July 9th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Only 14 hours to go... I can't wait!

Muldy_SG1
July 9th, 2004, 02:58 AM
they haven't even bought the right to s6

they are years behind on almost everything

they are rerunning charmed for the bazillionth time instead

not aired yet in belgium:
enterprise
farscape
andromeda

That sounds like Australia! Well...my state anyway! Every other state is up to halfway through season7...we're stuck on the fifth ep of season 6...for the past 9 months it hasnt been on! :(

But that's wat the nets for ;)
:rolleyes:

blufeenix
July 9th, 2004, 03:08 AM
At least I got every season on DVD Now, I guess I can rewatch them till Season 8 Appears over here :D

elhSG1
July 9th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I gotta set my VCR tonight, going to the Clapton concert so I'll miss it, but that's what vcrs are for, right? But I did just pre-order Season 7 this morning. :)

Brianamarie
July 9th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Alas and alack, my husband has family visiting from out of town, and we're going to meet them for dinner (if we ever get directions from his mom...). However, I *love* my DVR, which shall sit at home and faithfully record it for me!

TomSluder
July 9th, 2004, 04:13 AM
12 hours and 47 minutes to go.

God bless living in the US of A.

Janus
July 9th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I do know where my TV is, but I live in Holland...I don't get Sci-Fi.
So I guess I'm going to find me a nice spot to suffer from the 'Calimero' effect.
If you don't know what that means, don't ask...
You do not wanna know

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Yay for those in the US. I hope the opener is good and I can't wait for the reports on the openers!

Nolamom
July 9th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Fluffy has found himself a good spot to watch the premiere...
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20watches%20tv.gif

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Ah, I can hardly wait.

I have the 100" screen reserved from the rest of the family....I have potato chips....soda....

ShadowMaat
July 9th, 2004, 09:08 AM
So are the two "Yippy Skippy" threads gonna be merged into one, or what? :P

I hope I remember to watch... ;)

Bagpuss
July 9th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Hmmm ! :confused: Maybe the Mods will just amble along and join the two,while your back's turned, Shadow ! ;)
I hope you enjoy the Premiere though,should you decide to give it a whirl . :D
(No sarcasm intended ! :D )

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I can hardly wait to see all these previews and pictures, even tough I'm not in the US

David85
July 9th, 2004, 09:26 AM
6 hours 26 minutes.....

My mom is going out somewhere, but I'm taping it. Hopefully my boyfriend will come over and watch it. I make him watch Stargate, he likes it, but thought the normal time it was on was Sundays aka repeats, so I showed him Lost City so he would understand what is going on. Next week I will glue his eyes open and tie him down, along with my best friend so they both see Atlantis. :D

EDIT

Bad math, sorry. :)

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Well there's someone who can't wait for the launch. Knows how long it is TO THE MINUTE! lol

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 09:41 AM
6 hours 26 minutes? Doesn't it start at 9? ::scratch:: that would make it 7 hours 20 minutes.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Okay, so now who's the guy counting? lol

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure, but I think we get it at 6pm, but only because we get the East Coast feed off the satellite. I did a keyword search on the DVR and just set it to record. I'm allergic to commercials, so we never watch it "live". ;)

I want Fluffy the Destroyer's seat! Widescreen TV, even! I'm impressed! :)

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Same here. I never start watching any show weather it's Stargate, 24 or anything until about 15 minutes after it has started. This way I can skip the ads

hooliocah
July 9th, 2004, 10:04 AM
OK I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to go up to my cottage tonight. I live in Canada so I'll have to download New Order in the morning and watch it. But should I give up a good night of beer so that I can watch it at the first possible chance?

Life's full of tough choices eh?

scannert
July 9th, 2004, 10:07 AM

or in The Netherlands where they did something like:

air s1, s2, s3
-2 year gap-
air s3
-1 year gap-
and a month or 2 ago they started again at s1e1

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 10:10 AM
WATCH STARGATE. Hmmm, well it is your choice. But the temptation!

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure, but I think we get it at 6pm, but only because we get the East Coast feed off the satellite. I did a keyword search on the DVR and just set it to record. I'm allergic to commercials, so we never watch it "live". ;)

yeh, i have a satelite too.

but your an hour off on your time then, since it's at 9 EST, which is in a little under 7 hours ::eyes little vb app he has sitting in the bottom corner of his screen, ticking down....too slowly...::

Iskandra
July 9th, 2004, 10:21 AM
D'oh.

I'm in Germany and I'll be leaving for a conference in Britain tomorrow morning, so I won't even have the chance the instantly download the episode as soon as someone puts it on the net..... :(

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Huh? 9pm EST = 6pm PST. It's on again at 11pm EST, so I'm actually recording it twice because sometimes the broadcast quality can be slightly different.

You have a countdown clock running?! That's dedication. ;)

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM
OK I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to go up to my cottage tonight. I live in Canada so I'll have to download New Order in the morning and watch it. But should I give up a good night of beer so that I can watch it at the first possible chance?

I'm in the same boat as you - except no cottage, just drinking with friends :)
Do I drink and wait until 11 am or wait to acquire New Order and watch it as soon as it is complete, at like 4 in the morning......Ah who am I kidding, it's gonna be a late night for me.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Whatever time it airs where you are I hope you enjoy the opener. I have to wait for the downloads and september

kadosho
July 9th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Finally the day has arrived! :cool:

greytop
July 9th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I know where my TV is. I will watch and tape it both off the Scifi channel (through cable.) There is a repeat of Lowdown at 7 CDT and New Order follows at 8. You can guess that I live in the mid-west of the USA.

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 10:52 AM

So...wait. Are you saying that you can't drink beer and watch Stargate at the same time? I don't remember that warning in the credits... ;)

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 10:54 AM
lol I wish I was in the US

langdonboom
July 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM
I'm glad to hear everyone using the DVR, it really has made TV more bearable. I, too, don't watch any hour-show without a 15 minute commerical-buffer (unless I'm recording it outright, like tonight, since I'll be out on the town).

And a 1-hour buffer usually covers all NBA games, just FYI! though if it goes into overtime, you wind up catching back up to the commercials.

and I love pausing instead of muteing. Saves up some more good commerical-skipping.

GhostPoet
July 9th, 2004, 11:28 AM

I think that's funny...it's illegal to download tv shows because they don't have commercials...and yet people with DVR or Tivo (like me) Just skip the commercials anyway...ones legal one isn't.haha

langdonboom
July 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I know, it really makes you wonder what's going to happen when everyone gets one of those DVRs. Its not like anyone watches TV just for the commercials, and its ALSO not like TV is there for any other reason than to sell you the products IN those commercials...

Seems like an untenable situation that will have to explode eventually....

in the meantime... DVRs for everyone!!

Blue841
July 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Would someone do me a huge favour and email me the link to the best place to download the ep from? [email protected] Thank you!!!!! :)

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 12:05 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone using the DVR, it really has made TV more bearable. I, too, don't watch any hour-show without a 15 minute commerical-buffer (unless I'm recording it outright, like tonight, since I'll be out on the town).

And a 1-hour buffer usually covers all NBA games, just FYI! though if it goes into overtime, you wind up catching back up to the commercials.

and I love pausing instead of muteing. Saves up some more good commerical-skipping.

They'll pry my DirecTiVo from my Cold, Dead, Hands. :)

Torley
July 9th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I'M SO EXCITED!!! I CAN'T HIDE IT!!! :D

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 12:22 PM
They'll pry my DirecTiVo from my Cold, Dead, Hands. :)
Yeah, no kidding there! ;) I don't have TiVo. I have Dish Network's integrated DVR, but it's the same concept.

ReplayTV got in trouble because they automatically skipped the commercials (i.e., didn't record them). The current DVR technology records them, but you're not required to watch them. A fine line, indeed, but it did enable me to record a few hours of SciFi randomly just so I could find the SG1/SGA commercials. :D Seriously, though, who would watch a commercial for diapers/cereal/shoes/mortgages if they didn't have to? <envisioning advertising execs envisioning some variation of A Clockwork Orange... > :eek:

Back ON topic: Can I go home yet? ;)

Roatbaum
July 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM
:D I have to work until midnight, but I'm taping it, I set my tape player last night, can't wait. The only other show I watch is also on at 9 on Friday, works out perfectly. Tape Monk from 9 to 10 then SG1 from 10 to midnight. Done just in time. It's gonna be a long night. My son and his friend have been making fun of me ( they both watch sci fi at 5:00 though) so I have a picture of McKay in front of the Atlantis Gate as my wallpaper and that is going to be the first thing they see when they get home. I LOVE this show.And next week it will be the same thing again with Atlantis.

Nolamom
July 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Going home early will NOT make the premiere happen any sooner. Sorry.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Shame you have to work, but good, you're recording it

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah, no kidding there! ;) I don't have TiVo. I have Dish Network's integrated DVR, but it's the same concept.

Is the Integrated DVR at all Hackable? I have my TiVo networked at the moment, and I can telnet in. If I ever get the damned extraction thing working properly, I'll be able to download things from the TiVo to my DVD Writer

:D

Jeff O'Connor
July 9th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hey, by the way, for those of you that are also 'Scapers (like myself) the first trailer for the upcoming Farscape miniseries is going to be shown during tonight's premiere. For me, it's the ultimate night!!

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Well, I hope you all enjoy the premiere!

Kaloo
July 9th, 2004, 01:22 PM
38 minutes and 3 hours...

is it on yet

I cant wait

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Going home early will NOT make the premiere happen any sooner. Sorry.
Yes, I know. I'm just having a really bad day at work and I really don't want to be here. :(

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Is the Integrated DVR at all Hackable? :D
Honestly, I wouldn't know. The DVR is in the living room and the computer(s) are in the office and I never bothered to look at the belly-o-the-DVR to see if there is networking (other than phone line) available.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Not long now...

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't know. The DVR is in the living room and the computer(s) are in the office and I never bothered to look at the belly-o-the-DVR to see if there is networking (other than phone line) available.
actually, with the series 1 tivo, i had to go and void the warranty, pull the hdd, fiddle with it on the computer, toss it back in, and I had Bash access through my serial port...

the series 2 uses USB, but it's not enabled until I pull the HDD, mess with it, and put it back. so it's a usb > eth adapter.

Vyse
July 9th, 2004, 03:00 PM
tnot aired yet in belgium:
enterprise

Don't worry, you aren't missing anything important with Enterprise. It sucks.

BringerOfLight
July 9th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I'm got a nice 54" HDTV waiting for tonight's Stargate goodness. Frankly, I'm thinking of ways to pass the time and the only way that I can think is all that effective is knocking myself out, but that has several disadvantages:

1) It hurts like hell
2) It effects a person's attention span temporarily
3) I can't predict how long I'll be out, so I run the risk of missing some or all of the premiere

Any suggestions?

SaberBlade
July 9th, 2004, 04:06 PM
well i am in the UK so i will have to wait a few hours extra before i see it. the moment i see it on Suprnova.org i will be getting it. god bless bittorrent

Scarym1
July 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
or in Canada!!!

Although there is news that hopefully this fall S6, 7, & 8 will be airing on the SPACE SF channel.

I am looking forward to downloading it tomorrow!!!!:D

Sela
July 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Yippie!!!!!! We've got $40 of chinese food and 4 hours (LC1&2, New Order 1&2) of SG-1 planned for tonight. ;) After this week at work, I really need this.

Welcome back, SG-1!

I hear ya, AG! Sounds like we had the same week at work...

For me, it's take-out Italian from the Macaroni Grill, a bottle of my favorite wine, a brand new video tape and chocolate almond ice cream for the 2nd hour of the premier!

Life is good....

Chevron 1
July 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Only moments now people, as we prepare to go green on this season.

(Sorry, half my mind is on NASCAR, since I just saw qualifying from Chicago.)

So let's pull those tactical vests on tight, pull up a chair, and get this party under way.

To quote NASCAR driver Darrell Waltrip,

"Boogity Boogity Boogity!"

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 04:56 PM
actually, with the series 1 tivo, i had to go and void the warranty, pull the hdd, fiddle with it on the computer, toss it back in, ...<additional technobabble snipped> ;)
See, now that just seems like too much darn work (and cut fingertips) for a copyright violation. :D These things used to be easier...

I am considering swapping the HD (thereby voiding the warranty) to get a big, honkin' one in there. Seventy hours of recorded programming is just not enough when there are two Stargate series running and the presidential election coming up. :rolleyes: Or, I'll just give our receiver to my bro when we get the HDTV one!

Sela
July 9th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Only moments now people, as we prepare to go green on this season.

.....and we're taking the phone off of the hook.....NOW!

See you on the other side!!!!! :D

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I hear ya, AG! Sounds like we had the same week at work...
FOUR MINUTES TO GO!!! Better get busy on Lost City. Sorry, won't be able to post running commentary. :o

The Chinese food was nixed in favor of sammichez and mac & cheese, but da Man is "cooking" so I'm not complaining. After this week, all I want is a PB&J sandwich and some candy bars. :rolleyes:

Have fun keeping up, everybody!

Larry The Chevron Guy
July 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Frekin' commercial breaks!

(But the new ad for Atlantis looks awsome!!)

mjj1993
July 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Frekin' commercial breaks!

(But the new ad for Atlantis looks awsome!!)

So what do you think so far?

zombie8
July 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Egad,I hope my TV is where I left it!!!! :eek:

Sela
July 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM
What did Teal'c just call the new Asgard ship?!

alkalinemono
July 9th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Cool, unless you live in the UK and have to wait for it to get here :(
yea but dont 4get come christmas the uk AND ireland will be ahead of the states its happened for the last 2 seasons gotta love the old sky 1 :D

Ugly Pig
July 10th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Gah, I won't be able to see it until at least late tonight, possibly not even until tomorrow... Stupid slow torrent. :(

And in the meantime, I have to be really careful about avoiding potentially spoiler-filled threads. It doesn't help that some people keep blurting out little pieces of information about the episode without a proper warning. I don't want to know anything, dammit! :(