PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite episode (old and new)

Metarock Sam
October 2nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Its come to this since weve got so many favourite threads for the Whoverse so we might as well have some least favourite threads.
So post away. I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.

Reefgirl
October 2nd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Dalek in the new series was really disappointing, Mum was looking forward to it but left the sofa half way through, Touchy Feely Daleks :eek: it's not natural

creed462
October 2nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Ghost Light, I didn't really like it, but I still will get it.

Rowana
October 2nd, 2005, 09:00 PM
I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.

I don't like the movie either and I am American (I'm not offended at all). It was definately too Americanized, just bad. The whole Master thing was terrible. My parents still don't count the Doctor in that as the eight.

Dallista
October 3rd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Least favorite... well, I've only see the Fifth, Eighth and Ninth Doctor, and a few other serials here and there. So far, I'd say I was really disappointed with "Enlightenment" (Fifth Doctor). That just bored me to no end. I don't care much about stories about ships, sailing (even through space), the crew on a ship etc. It just doesn't catch my fancy, ever.

A close second would be "Awakening," and an honorable third place for the Ninth Doctor story "The Longest Game."

As for the Paul McGann movie, the first half was terrific. After that... just not that impressive anymore.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
October 10th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I'll give you my top ten with one being the worst.

01. Happiness Patrol
02. Terminus
03. Reign of Terror
04. Arc of Infinity
05. The Underwater Menace
06. The Time Monster
07. Revenge of the Cybermen
08. Underworld
09. Edge of Destruction
10. An Unearthly Child (episodes 2, 3, 4 were terrible but episode 1 was one of the best ever)

Sorry, about The Happiness Patrol, Metarock Sam; but that's how I feel.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
October 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Its come to this since weve got so many favourite threads for the Whoverse so we might as well have some least favourite threads.
So post away. I cant really say I have a proper least favourtie episode but I dont really like the 1996 movie because and sorry to offend any americans but it was so americanised.I liked the movie, but I thought it was too Americanized as well. For some reason, my favorite sci-fi shows are all British, Canadian, and Australian productions.

Doctor Who, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.

Metarock Sam
October 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I liked the movie, but I thought it was too Americanized as well. For some reason, my favorite sci-fi shows are all British, Canadian, and Australian productions.

Doctor Who, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.
Thats almost the same for me except I replace Farscape with the 4400.

icsteffi
June 3rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
Why is this thread dead? Thats disheartening... <3

Pharaoh Atem
June 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
love & monsters

ok close the thread i win

Cold Fuzz
June 3rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
love & monsters

ok close the thread i win

Oh that episode. :mckay: I almost couldn't make it through Love & Monsters. I had to force myself to finish the episode. :P

DigiFluid
June 3rd, 2010, 10:10 PM
Old series (keeping in mind I've only seen up till near the end of series 8)....probably The Web Planet.

Of the new series, either Love & Monsters or Evolution of the Daleks.

icsteffi
June 4th, 2010, 04:22 AM
I know this is a newer one...but I thought Waters of Mars was an amazing FLOP. There was so much potential. So much. I can give many reasons, but my biggest I think is:

The Doctor changing the fixed point in time should have been what caused his death a couple episodes later. They could have tied it in beautifully. Instead, he changed the fixed point in time, and what happened? Nada.

I don't know why that annoys me so much :D

Billz
June 4th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Old:
Still haven't watched all the old episodes yet. I've only seen a few so I cannot pass judgement at this time.

New:
It would either have to be "Love & Monsters" or "Victory Of The Daleks".

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 5th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I can't speak for the classic series, but from 2005-onwards;

- The Next Doctor was awful
- Love & Monsters was awful
- 42 was just pretty rubbish
- Journey's End was awful
- Daleks in Manhatten/Sec's in the City/Evolution of the Daleks/Pigs Slaves from Hell was awful
- Dreamland was just like a bad novel

By the way, kudos for resurrecting this thread five years after its untimely death. :cameron:

EvilSpaceAlien
June 5th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Love & Monsters
Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of Daleks
Journey's End
The Next Doctor

icsteffi
June 6th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I liked 42.

"The Smugglers" was the most boring episode for me. I don't mind the reconstructions. But it was just boring... Although I LOVE the interactions between Ben and Polly, so I'm very happy still...

Badchicken
June 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
The End of Time Part One.
What a horrible mess that episode was, other than the great dialogue between The Doctor and Wilf, the whole thing came off cheesy and weak. It was like RTD finally chose style over substance and lost his perspective on DW. The conclusion wrapped it up quite nicely, but wow, that first part was crap.

mr_kennedy
June 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM
The Next Doctor
This had so much potential, when i seen the preview i thought wow there actually going to have 2 doctors in the one show, boy was i dissapointed

I would have liked to see 2 different doctors working together in a full adventure (in the 2005 series)

DigiFluid
June 10th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I liked 42.
I loved 42, personally.

mr_kennedy
June 10th, 2010, 10:11 PM
42 was a good episode

Blencathra
June 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I liked 42 as well. :D

My worst episode has got to be Fear Her (although I did like the "fingers on lips" bit).

My worst classic episode (so far, as I haven't seen them all) is probably Twin Dilemma, as I couldn't get past the first ten minutes - I fell asleep. :o

YsoL8
June 25th, 2010, 05:39 AM
The eleventh Hour / The Pandaroica Opens

Blencathra
June 25th, 2010, 06:07 AM
The eleventh Hour / The Pandaroica Opens

Those are your LEAST favourite episodes? I thought you rather liked them. :S

Clandestine
November 15th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Love and Monsters... it was just... bad. :(

Billz
November 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM
ClassicWho:
Delta and the Bannermen (the only McCoy story I hate)

NewWho:
Love & Monsters

Cold Fuzz
November 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM
ClassicWho:
Delta and the Bannermen (the only McCoy story I hate)

NewWho:
Love & Monsters

Yepper, Love & Monsters still endures that one episode that nobody likes. :P I'm pretty much going to skip it if I re-watch any of Tennant's episodes.

Rickington
November 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM
New: Love and Monsters (UGH)

Old: The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Billz
November 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM
New: Love and Monsters (UGH)

Old: The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

You don't like "The Greatest Show In The Galaxy"? :(

Ulkesh47
November 18th, 2010, 09:08 PM
"Fear Her"

Cold Fuzz
November 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
"Fear Her"

This was an episode that I thought had a good premise but really didn't work with its execution. I did like the Doctor's Chariots of Fire-esque run with the torch though.

The Flyattractor
November 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Old. Happiness Patrol. (A giant candy robot....really?)

New. Too much from the Tennent era to get into.